What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ladies,how do I get involved in growing with my husband

sso

Veteran
mmm yeah, my lady doesnt smoke either and helps out with the grow when i need it.

wouldnt trade her for anybody.

C

csedge

I used to let my girl garden with me..... Until she decided to say that she shouldnt have to pay some bills (rent/electric/cable) because she helps at the other house....! Wasn't even asking her to pay that much.... Buuuttt she got the shit end now she doesnt help in the garden and gives me $ every month.... Still smokes all my weed though! Hehe

W

wilbur

I was just wondering if yr prepared to garden with hubby in the nude? or perhaps wearing something see through?

you could condition him into wanting you in the garden by giving him a TREAT immediately afterward. (is that 'instrumental conditioning'?) whatever, it seems to work with all of the mammal species.

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
I was just thinking, where is the OP?? :chin:

Kinda makes me wonder if she saw our comments and reconsidered, :shucks:
or maybe she asked him and didn't get the answer she had hoped for??

:dunno:

EDIT:
So, ok I "hear" the "Mr. of the OP" posted back there somewhere...Not sure which one of you he is, (looks around suspiciously),
but I suppose we can disregard my curiosity, I guess... :chin:

Anyway, I hope all worked out for the best, and everyone's happy! :)

...Cuz we all know, when the Mrs./Miss is happy, everyone is happy!!....And yes, that's both a promise and a threat! :witch:

Last edited:

Mr Jay

Veteran
I have to agree with the people that say start your own little cab. If you're in his grow room it's going to be harder for him to hold a forked tong than if you had YOUR space. If he's reasonable it should be easy for the two of you to set a cab up with the understanding that executive decision falls to you, with however much kicking and screaming (advice) he has along the way. I'd advise you to do your own independent research here and decide for yourself what methods and setup you want. Not to mention your own strain choice, as the preference between men and women seems to differ. I imagine growing with your partner would be much like a relationship, sharing is good but it's best to have your own areas of control. Careful though, this is an addictive hobby.

As someone who grew with ahem a former husband, don't do it. We would literally almost get into fistfights in the car fighting over phenotypes and strains, when to flip, what to clone, him killing strains out of the garden he didn't deem important when it was really I was in the hospital and they were advanced plants, and he lost them. Or he went to his friend's grow and would bring a nice STD to our garden. Had to looovvveee that. He blamed it on me until I started going straight from the shower naked before I went into the flowering building. And any growing advice I tried to give him or wanted him to follow he would deliberately not do it, tell me I didn't know what I was talking about, and when what I predicted would happen to our plants came to fruition, then he would try to correct the problem... after the fact.

Now we have very clearly defined roles in growing. After the disasters of last year.... now he can't do any more breeding projects for a LONG time, and we grow what I want to grow and breed. No matter how long the flowering time. We also fought over my long flowering time sativas, and he would purposefully not jack up the lights so the buds wouldn't burn. ARGH. Do you want this kind of fighting to tear your marriage apart? It's cute at first, but when you're a serious grower, these are the fights that MIGHT happen, this is just MY EXPERIENCE. We basically almost had to kill each other and split up to continue growing together.

Maybe you can offer to help trim? I know trimming is my least favorite thing to do. It's easy and you can't really screw it up that much, it's a lot of work, and it would probably be appreciated. DM would literally disappear when trim time came, he would help bring the plants inside then poof. So yeah, start with helping to trim, because it's always appreciated and it is a lot of work.

G

greenmatter

^^^^^^^ LOL ........... growing is a strange game! the husband brings home STDs and the wife ends up naked in the grow room.

i don't wanna find out for sure, but i don't think mrs. green would react that way.

good post!

sewing4kix

I am new here and my hubby is setting up his first grow (tenbux). He has shown me everything and explained what it is for as he goes. I think that being married we share a lot and there is a natural give and take. He likes showing off his skills and I support what he does. Gardening is not new to me but he is taking it to another level so it is his baby. He is taking me along for the ride and we'll see where it goes. I think he likes me being involved as much as I want to be but he will always have the final say about his plants. If you have good communication then there shouldn't be a problem. If your hubby knew you were interested I think he would like it and I bet it would open up a whole new world for you to share.

W89

Veteran
I know this is an old thread but..

she shoulda just offered to help in the nude....

I didn't have a clue when I started helping my old man....so I generally let him drive, and help out when he needs me. I found my niche with keeping the room clean, trimming (I'm smaller than him and can squeeze around the girls better) and the harvesting.

It's a much better world when he's the king of the grow room. You gotta let them have something; if you run bitch for him, and just help when he asks, you'll both be happy. Besides, I'm the queen of the veggie garden, so it helps that we have our own domains.

oejack9

LOL....gotta love my wife....running bitch....lol she's my partner no two ways about it...gee wifey I didn't know you wrote so well......you funny.

oejack9

I've been trying to get her more involved in every step of the way.....so far she seems to have a much better eye for selecting plants for our pollen chucking experiments.....I'm half blind and medicated most of the time.....she did a great job with the pollenation in general.She did the PlushberryXBeyond the Brain and it looks great so far....I did an inbreeding with pollenation with the ice for the purpose of seed making experiance....so far she did a way better job then I....so The wifey will definatley take over the seed making in the future....she's still a bit shy of learning the feeding stuff but is getting a handle on how to I.D. sick plants.....and she has showen a knack for know when a plant is finished without a close look....keep encouraging her she has the making of a fine grower.

bosshogg

Hello, new to the "womans forum" imean I thought this was an everyones type shindig....any whoo my problem is this...........id like benefit economicaly a little but more to have my own head stash n turn saveing me money since I dont have to buy , right? So im trying to figure out on how I can come to a underdt as n sd ing with my gal r to approach her rigjht that a thousand or two 8 hundreds is not thst big of a deal when ppl run 2-10 k in homes...

supermanlives

Veteran
my ex now has my mothers and technique down pat... she don't need me anymore I did all the work.................good luck with the floros babe them plants wont do shit without high intensity lighting... she missed that part I guess.. I will never ever mix business and pleasure again....

I Like this thread so much my husband used to know more than me and now I caught up through reading myself. Get some books and read him under the table soon enough he will only know the what of what to do you will know the why you are doing that. Oh yeah and garden naked, for the vitamin D of course. Or just so you could never be in the way when working there. Plus you know you love to go tanning in your grow like I do don't even lie.

Growing together will certainly bring any problems to the surface it is the same as working together. Respecting each others opinions and compromising is paramount or growing together could mean growing apart.

amanda88

Growing together will certainly bring any problems to the surface it is the same as working together. Respecting each others opinions and compromising is paramount or growing together could mean growing apart.

Well said Mel..! its curious that mag trolls prefer to comment in here..?
this is indeed surprising, as its rare on other subjects or sites

Admin/members should beware, that sexism is dealt with quite harshly in the EU, from where this site is served...
what goes for online flirtation can be seen by others as far worse, depending how rich your lawyer is...?

Latest posts

Latest posts