What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3'x3' tent w/ 600watt HPS. How many plants should I grow?

G

Guest 88950

a 600 w grow including all the fans and such still draws less power than a desk top computer or other power hungry electronics so have a good explanation if you are questioned.

you can use compact fluorescent bulbs for lighting around your house and save on energy in other ways if you are worried or you can just say you wasnt aware that you use alot of power and tell them you will try and conserve power or pay them $20 for you being wasteful.

devinpits

I just checked out the penalty's in Wisconsin and they jump from
1-4 plants
5-20 plants
21-50 plants
51-200 plants
200+ plants

So if I stick to just 4 plants that would be the safest route for me.

So technically i should be able to yeild the same with 4 plants as I could with 9 plants???

My only other growing experience was from 2 outdoor bagseed grows. They were both sucessful but nothing special. I fed them nothing but tap water.

Regardless of whether you have 1 plant or 100 plants, Wisconsin will charge you with Felony Manufacturing of THC with the intent to deliver. I had 1 seedling back in 04' and that's what they hit me with. Luckily my lawyer was able to get it amended to a possession charge which at the time was a $250 ticket. So what ever you do just make sure your grow security is tight.

Thanks for the information Devinpits. :)

Even though 4 plants and 100 plants are both felony's, you would get a lighter sentence for having only 4 plants.

But don't these charges change from county to county??? I'm pretty sure Dane County (Madison) has some of the most lenient marijuana laws in WI.

And just for the record, I have decided to grow 9 plants. I've got 4 seedlings sprouted in soil and another 5 I just put in soil last night.

I figured it would be easier for me to grow 9 small plants rather than try to grow 4 big bushes in such a small tent.

I'm allready super excited about this grow! Thanks for the help gusy!

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
I'm pretty sure Dane County (Madison) has some of the most lenient marijuana laws in WI.

Madison WI: You may posses up to 28 grams of hash and 112 of cannabis (including growing plants) on private property. Possession of under these amounts on public property is subject to forfeiture and a $100 fine.

Obviously a 600w grow is going to put you over the 112 gram threshold. The Madison statute apparently was an attempt to decriminalize MJ. I have no idea of how all this actually works in practice. What if you try to grow a 1lb plant in your garden? Are they just going to look the other way because it is private property? Are they going to cut it down and weight it? Also the Dane county sheriff and state police have jurisdiction in Madison and they enforce county and state laws which are obviously tougher.

Pine

Pinecone, where exactly did you looks those laws up at???

I don't live in Madison/Dane County so I'd like to see the specific laws for the county I live in.

I was just using Dane County as an example because I know Madison is really relaxed with their marijuana laws.

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
Pinecone, where exactly did you looks those laws up at???

I remember reading that Madison had some special ordinance related to MJ so I googled "Madison marijuana ordinance"

I've heard about this Madison thing for some time. I doubt any of the other municipalities have similar ordinances.

Pine

devinpits

Thanks for the information Devinpits. :)

Even though 4 plants and 100 plants are both felony's, you would get a lighter sentence for having only 4 plants.

But don't these charges change from county to county??? I'm pretty sure Dane County (Madison) has some of the most lenient marijuana laws in WI.

And just for the record, I have decided to grow 9 plants. I've got 4 seedlings sprouted in soil and another 5 I just put in soil last night.

I figured it would be easier for me to grow 9 small plants rather than try to grow 4 big bushes in such a small tent.

I'm allready super excited about this grow! Thanks for the help gusy!

Must be a county thing then because when they tested my seedling for THC and it came back inconclusive I was still charged!!

teh_piper

a 600 w grow including all the fans and such still draws less power than a desk top computer or other power hungry electronics so have a good explanation if you are questioned.

My 600 watt setup + ventilation and cooling= 40$/month for 24/0 light cycle
20-25$/month for 12/12 cycle

DankSide

Man, you could load quite a few. 4 is good for a beginner, but you may worry you are wasting a bunch of money on power and efforts when in the end you can have over double that with proper training.

First grows, 150w or 250w are perfect starting lights, you could do 4 on average under a 250 no problem, hell you could do 5 or 6.

Going for yield or variety? The way I look at it is this is going to have to last long, and I'm not always going to be wanting to smoke the same strain. Personally, my choice would be to say screw yield and throw as many different varieties in there you can. LST any sativa dominant in the grow so it doesn't take away as much from canopy light space.

This has been my personal choice for years and I have never been dissatisfied, different strokes for different folks though. As someone mentioned before, it's a giant hassle to water a bunch of medium sized girls versus a few big ones. Then again, how will you find your keepers or breeders? How will you find strains you will really like and want to come back to?

greygary

well since you are going with 9 from seed, make sure to grab a cut off each and keep them labeled. make moms of the keepers in soil in a microcab so you can have a homogenous grow in the future to dial in and max your yield. Bonzai moms under a $10 walmart fluorescent tube setup has worked for me. You can use an old desk with a plywood front put on it or even kitchen cabinets.

And for future grows, I recommend 4x individual 5 gal DWCs so you can have a perpetual harvest with the explosive hydro growth. My first DWC grow exploded so fast we had to chop 2/3 of our plants in veg because we miscalculated how much space and time we'd have. They grew 3-4 inches a day easily. 2x 4-outlet air pumps with one line from each pump in each bucket, to have backup in case one pump fails, and make sure to clean your airstones after each run.

for now break out the string and tie those ladies down or stake them with bamboo, nobody likes popcorn buds. best of luck :)

oswaldicus

Hey I understand this is an old thread and maybe nobody checks it anymore. But I'm just wondering how much you pulled from this grow each yield? Doing a similar setup and would like to know how your formation worked out! Thanks!

oldbean

High

Just bumping an old thread as ive been doing some researching...

I think I have too many plants in my dr120 but never mind, I'm know better for next time:peacock: