What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr.Sparkle's Ikea Cabinet "186g, 99watts, 2.25sqft, in 66 days from sprout"

M

Mr. Sparkle

Haven't been around here much either, lurk occasionally, but just cause i have moved over to another forum that i like the fit of.

But wanted to share with all you ICMAG peeps as this was my original home and where i started.

Anyways this was last run that ended a bit over a week ago. The setup is a Ikea Besta cabinet, lights are 3 solstrip x2's in a 3500k color temp, exhaust is a 3000rpm 140mm noctua fan that pulls through a diy carbon filter, and i have a bunch of 40mm fans for circulation, and cooling the sorta cool tube i made for the heatsinks of the lights.

Nutrients was only Megacrop the entire run, only thing added was calcium hypochlorite to keep my reservoirs in check "dead res".

Also automatic watering from some diy arduino sensors, but im now trying just timer based watering.

Total draw for the entire cab was 99w from the wall as i tuned my ballast down to output at that level, also helped with the heat generation.

Genetics were some Dark Devil F2's "AutoFlowers" i made originally being from Sweet Seeds. But pulled 186g of bud and 1.3g of resin from the trim, still going through a cure so i expect a couple grams overall to drop off but it will stay about the 180g mark forsure.

Yeah and the plants were cut between day 63-66 from sprout of 18/6 light

Oh and the pots were 750ml yogurt containers will with just coco "canna" forgot to add that.

Here's the pics

NNZgkDq.jpg

rfY4cs8.jpg

X27Gk6l.jpg

s5xbZzk.jpg

OPZV2qC.jpg

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Wow great grow. And that's some pretty purple weed! The gif is an awesome touch. All journals need animated gifs.

Goats

nice to see you post something! nice cab and great first run.

what forum did you move to?

M

Mr. Sparkle

nice to see you post something! nice cab and great first run.

what forum did you move to?

Hows it going Goats yeah it's been awhile since ive posted on here :tiphat: , as for what forum im now on not to solicit, but throw a google search for Micro Growing with Mr. Sparkle *2018* and you will find me . :wave:

Have you done anymore with your automated micro bucket?

I built a version 2 then 3 that was initially just top down and didn't use the inner bucket, then made one with sidelights both being simpler than the first design.

But i dismantled the bucket and my PC cases as well, currently just running this cabinet till i possibly add another for seed making/breeding purposes. My journals for the later part of those can be found over on the forum im on now.

whats the beam/cooltube thing for the lights?

They are the stock solstik heatsinks boxed in to a cool tube like setup that's sealed to the roof, it's gonna get an upgrade to allow a bit for airflow, but i currently have a push and pull 40mm fan on each side, even though one is enough.

M

Mr. Sparkle

In the animated gif it looks like you topped twice, is that correct?

Topped no, but they were flopped over twice, think supercropping, just a bit more gentle on the radius its crushed/curved over with some lst with rubber bands to keep them in place.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Gotcha! I had a plant I think accidentally did that to by crushing the stem and re-taping. That cola was rad.