What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White og headstash grow

THC123

Veteran
Hi guys,

I have been preparing a second indoor grow for headstash.

Genetics are white og regular f2 seeds that Karma was so kind to give to me on my last visit (thx).

When I got the beans, I still wasn't able to grow at my place (those were a horrible 2 years, I felt castrated lol). I gave 3 beans to a buddy of mine and he got a really nice cut out of it.

It is a kush dominant white og. SHe is totally different from the plants that you get out of the S1 seeds. Those are more 50/50 white and og.

It has become on of my favorite outdoor plants. Sadly, because of the situation at my place(new snitching neighbors that called the cops), I will not be able to flower her in the greenhouse. Would really have liked to see difference n quality outdoor vs greenhouse. Plus I am sure she would not get mold in the greenhouse. Amazing what te wrong people in your neighborhood can do..I have grown for almost 20 years here, no problem, everyone minded their own business...and then these new fuckers come here and fuck it up.......

But hey I dont want to end up in jail so I'll control myself, be a good boy and grow her indoors(TBH I never liked indoor growing)...

This pheno is early, harvest 5-10 octobre, and is pretty mold resistant, more resistant than Dutch Passions outdoor genetics lol and the quality is just fucking amazing. WHen people smoked it they were like, is this outdoor? So all these traits combines with the exceptional taste, aroma and effect makes this cut a winner. SHe has that gassy kush smell, warm, intense. It has become one of my favorite cuts. Everyone that tastes her falls in love with her.

I only had 100 grams from my guerilla and I simply want more of this good shit lol!!!! I could smoke this every day and not get bored with it.

SO time to make some more

Plants will be flowered in a 5x5 tent. 20 plants in 6 liter pots with minimal vegging. (I need new weed fast as the problems with the other grow messed with planning).

For lighting I was going to use 4 x viparspectra (because had them laying around). But these will now be used for the A5. I will order a new grow light for this one.

My choice has gone to Mars hydro (good price to quality). But I am not sure if I should take the ts3000 or two smaller models(ts1000 or 2000)

I ahve seen the light coverage mapping for the ts3000 and there are big differences in ppfd output. Especially compared to my fluence, which has a pretty even coverage compared to a quantum board. These have a lot of light in the center and much less on the sides. That is why I think multiple smaller ones would be better.

Grow will also be done organically using soil with worm casting, lava dust, alfalfa, kelp, bacteria and fungae. Later on they will get a flowering tab.

There will be 3 other strains in the tent as well, but f the 20 cuts 15 will be white og. Other cuts will be: white jones x gg, NLX(old coffeeshop clone) and positronics haz x skunk (from old 90's seeds coming from deceased member asanoha). The NLX and Haze/skunk are two other favorites of mine. The guerilla gold cross will be flowered to see how she performs indoors (GG has a tendency to herm under artificial lights)

Here she is, one of my favorite cuts of the moment

picture.php

WOG on the right(2) and on the left a white jones x guerilla gold

picture.php

Sticky icky weed oowweee
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I am wondering how she will be indoors. Hoping smells will stay the same as with outdoor. Damn she smells.

I had to bike home with a 60 liter backpack filled with these nugs. WHen I passed people on the bike they had a strange look lol.

God I love this weed it is just that good!

One thing is for sure, this outdoor season, white og will be part of a serious reforestation project!! Make Belgium green again !!!

nickman

Veteran
Sounds killer bro
I wish u the best with your grow...!!!...

Fucking asshole new neighbors...!!!... it’s just a plant. I just don’t get it...!!!...

THC123

Veteran
Update:

The plants are ready to be flowered they vegged real quick under the viparspectra. Pics are from one week ago.

I am now training them while I wait for my new light and tent to arrive. I have bought a SF4000 because of the good coverage. Hopefully thing will go well with this lamp.

The vegging room is perfect humidity wise, always stable 70% and it shows. Even when the soil gets dry they point leaves upwards and the roots grow out of the pots instead of drying out. I am glad I use this room as veg room.

These plants have grown about 4xfaster than seedlings under my fluence.(normally seedlings grow faster)

picture.php

A white og cut next to its motherplant. This plant was under the fluence for more than a month and growth stood still. In this pic she had been outside in the sun for a few days already.

Look at the difference in the size of leaves. The cut is in a 1 gallon pot, the mom in a 5 gallon. Only difference was the lamp.

picture.php

The cuts chilling out under the LED, after I took this pic I put them outdoors because I needed room for my vegetables. They will be flowered anyhow so it is good it the outdoor day/night ratio will already cause them to slowly go into flower, saves me time.

I did however have calmag issues and I ordered epsom salts and another spray that contains calmag and other trace elements.

After being a week in the sun the difficiency dissappeared. But I am not complaining, at least they grow well with this lamp.

picture.php

They stretched a bit from being too close to eachother. Also they are a bit bigger than planned, they just grew so fucking fast.
picture.php

THC123

Veteran
picture.php

Really good root development.

SO its looking good up to now. Just fingers crossed that things will go well with my new lamp. After all the troubles ith my fluence I am really glad I have some healthy plants again.

I am thinking how I will connect the exhaust. I have a 750 kubic m soft box with a torin fan that still hasn't ben connected as it was way too overpowered for the fluence tent. My a5 are now in a tent with 3 and soon 4 viparspectras, and they do produce a lot of heat, not like a HPS but way way way more than the fluence. The quantumboards also run cool. So I was thinking of connecting the intake of the soft box to the tent with the viparspectras so that it pulls air out of that tent. And then I would like this warm extracted air to go to the tent with the SF4000. This way I should be able to maintain nice temperatures of 27-29 degrees celsius (room temp). With LED the temp need to be higher than with HPS to have a good leaf surface temperature.

I'm also supplementing with yeast based co2 and I have 700-900 PPM so it should be no problem. Reason I am able to get that PPM is because the exhaust of the viparspectra tent has a thermostat so it is not running all the time.

Good idea , bad idea? For smell I want to use an inline carbon filter, this way I only need 1.

THC123

Veteran
Today my new LED lamp arrived for this grow.

I bought a SF4000 LED because of the coverage in a 5x5 tent. First I wanted to get a mars TS3000 but it just falls short for this surface. Second option was to get 3 x SP250s but that would be 750 watts of energy consumed. I want a LED that doesnt consume too much and one that enables me to get total coverage of the area. The idea is to do more than one grow tent ;). I mean after 2-3 years of almost not being able to grow I am growing crazy, especially since i recovered my old seed collection. My green fingers are itching all the time :dance013:

But I noticed a have a few bars missing from my old darkroom tent :(. So today I had to order a new tent. I hope it arrives soon (I think next week) so I can start this second grow. I want more white OG and NLX!!! They are perfect to end the day and have a chill evening.

The Fluence will gather dust untill I get a reply from them and the problem is fixed or clarified. Let's hope this one will go well, to be honest I'm a bit anxious now towards white leds after my fluence experience.

nickman

Veteran
Today my new LED lamp arrived for this grow.

I bought a SF4000 LED because of the coverage in a 5x5 tent. First I wanted to get a mars TS3000 but it just falls short for this surface. Second option was to get 3 x SP250s but that would be 750 watts of energy consumed. I want a LED that doesnt consume too much and one that enables me to get total coverage of the area. The idea is to do more than one grow tent ;). I mean after 2-3 years of almost not being able to grow I am growing crazy, especially since i recovered my old seed collection. My green fingers are itching all the time :dance013:

But I noticed a have a few bars missing from my old darkroom tent :(. So today I had to order a new tent. I hope it arrives soon (I think next week) so I can start this second grow. I want more white OG and NLX!!! They are perfect to end the day and have a chill evening.

The Fluence will gather dust untill I get a reply from them and the problem is fixed or clarified. Let's hope this one will go well, to be honest I'm a bit anxious now towards white leds after my fluence experience.
You’ll be fine with the white LED’s...!!!...

That’s too bad about that fluence LED...!!!... I thought they looked pretty nice... probably not cheap either I bet...!!!...
:tiphat:... ... ....

THC123

Veteran
No man I got it at a discount price but stil paid 850 euros.

I don't think its the fluence lights in general,, I just think there is something wrong with its spectrum or something else (with my particular lamp)

I contacted fluence a week ago, waiting for a reply from their part.

I installed the SF4000 in my motherroom to test it. It will still take a few days before I get my new tent so this is a good opportunity.

The white og's vegetables, outdoor seedlings and mother plants are still all very happy after 24 hours under the SF4000. I see no droopy leave or blue colors or weird things, just happy plants. But it is too soon. After 72 hours I should be able to tell but up to now it is looking good!!

What I also like about the SF4000 is that it produces quite a bit of heat. This is very welcome in my climate. It is nowhere near as hot as an HPS but easily 10x20 times as hot as my fluence. The fluence is like a t5 tube. This will save me money on heating.

This light is bright, when I turn it on in the motherroom, it is like the 250 watt and the viparspetra aren't even turned on, you don't see their light anymore.

In the meantime I am training the white ogs(about 2 weeks too late but hey :D)

THC123

Veteran
Still waiting for my tent to arrive, there is some serious delay. SHould get it tomorrow or next week.

In the meantime the ladies are outside during the day and in the motherroom under the SF4000 at night.

Up to now no problem with the SF4000, plants are healthy and no blue leaves or yellowing.

I even got small seedlings under it without problems!! So 'im happy (up to now:).

There was a small fuckup though. I forgot about the plants for 4 days and left them in the greenhouse. For the white og it is no problem, but the white jones x gg started flowering after just 4 days lol.

It is barely flowering but I don't think it will go well cuz it really needed to veg a bit more since I just scrogged them all.

We'll see

Foto update will be done when the tent arrives!!

THC123

Veteran
The plants still haven't been installed in the motherroom.

As soon as I removed the blurpe Viparspectra from my motherroom to go into the a5 tent, the spectrum in the motherroom changed (only white led light and some 250 mh). The ppfd was lower than with the blurpe in the room but within 2 days I got deficiencies and unhappy plants.

Now after a month of fucking around I found a way to get em healthy under that sf4000. Basically give way too many nutrients (compared to other light sources) a lot more magnesiumlime, and then twice per week epsom salts with aspirin and micronutrients.

Since I have been doing this they are looking better, almost normal.

My cellphone is broken right now, so cant take pics.

In the meantime of course, the plants have become way way way wayyyyyy to big to fit in one tent.

So I am contemplating what to do. Or I remove any branches so that I have 8 good ones per plant and cram em in one 5 x 5 tent.

Or I might setup another tent (third). Still thinking about what to do.

But I wasn't going to flower them untill I solved those damn white led issues.

Love the coverage the sf4000 gives, and the issues I am having are in now way comparable to the fluence light.

But after testing a few white leds, I believe while the efficiency and coverage is amazing, that the spectrum is still very incomplete, causing plants to behave in strange ways and having to give them additives I would normally never have to give. This suck a bit but oh well...Let's hope the future will correct these errors.

The next led I will buy (for the third tent should I do it) will be a cheap chinese knockoff. I am not going to pay a lot of money for a new white LED untill technology improves (and the spectrum).

If only white leds show these issues it means that there is something wrong with it, however efficient they may be.

THC123

Veteran
Update

Like I said, the plants have become way too big, about 5 times too big lol

picture.php

picture.php

Of the three strains in there, the white og handles the stress from the light best. Still, for some reason, no idea why, she they started forming 3 fingered leaves last week.

picture.php

NLX this strain has to most stress from the lamp. I fed it well and gave epsom salts etc but she is still having troubles. It is weird to see these deficiencies with everything I gave them. Under any other light they would have been good for 8 weeks.

picture.php

This is another NLX, she looks better, but I don't know if you can see it, but she is also not 100% happy.

But, beleive it or not, they are looking way better than 2 weeks ago, whenthey were all yellow and striped.

PPFD is really not too high, about 300...just like under the vipar.

Still despite the problems, they are growing much better than under the fluence. At least here, it is clear which deficiencies there are. To me it seems calmag. Or is it from the light too close? Doesnt look like light stress to me.

Still I have been using buffertabs for many years, and all of a sudden they are not sufficient. What a PITA, normally they have enough micros and macros for 6-8 weeks

I want to start flowering them soon, despite the problems, cant keep waiting. I'll just wing it and see what happens under this white light.

Still haven't decided what to do:

- Or I throw half the plants away
- Or I seriously prune them back so they fit in 5x5
- Or I install a third tent (which will cost me as I need a new light as well in this case).

But for me it is still a pain in the ass to grow under these lights. It is the second time the whole planning got messed up because plants start behaving weird under white LED. I must admit that they grow faster under this light compared to the viparspetra, but under the vipar they were really vibrant green and healthy. These plants look exhausted to me. Just compare these pics with the earlier pic under the vipar. those look like fresh green healthy outdoor plants, these are sad plants.

eastbeast

I recently switched over from HPS to quantum boards and it was little bit humbling at first. The plant's demand for Mg goes waaaay up and they seem to like hotter temps.

mack 10

Veteran
Sucks to have problems in the grow.
But looks like you've turned it into a jungle.
Does look like mag prob?
Definitely something going on.

I got a similar prob of over growing the plants too.
I need another room, lol. Like you,
Can't bring myself to chop them.
Think I'm going to hardcore bend and strip the lowers. Main problem is height.
I've got low ceilings and these are 5ft already...
Going to be a pita keeping them out of the lights.
Now rock that white OG.
Not seen any good NLX for a few years.
I have some seeds stashed somewhere from e$kobar,
I need to pop em.

Latest posts

Latest posts