What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GMT goes LED. TSL2000 Mars Hydro

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Yeah, 29th April it was was switched to 12/12 ish lighting. Although I'm not very precise, so some days its 10/14 some days its 12/11 some days its 9/12. So long as on average they get as much rest as they get work, they are happy enough.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Yeah, 29th April it was was switched to 12/12 ish lighting. Although I'm not very precise, so some days its 10/14 some days its 12/11 some days its 9/12. So long as on average they get as much rest as they get work, they are happy enough.

How about their look recently? :biggrin:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Oh I see, I take a few days for myself and out comes the whip lol.
Actually had an issue with my phone and lost 140 files and pics from it. Trying to get a backup device before I start using the camera again. Seems to be overwriting pics I want.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Bigger delay than I expected. I ran into another issue. Normal compost wasn't available, so I had to just get what was. Long story short, it killed my plants. So I went elsewhere and what I could get, my one rescued cutting from a dying plant was not happy. So I went elsewhere. I've now got a compost that I think I can use. I've removed the one clone from its old compost, and put it in the new stuff and I think I can reveg it.
In the mean time, I popped some black ghash f2's I made, and then popped 40 bruised nuts. I kept the first 10 tri seedlings, and was happily killing the rest off when a quad popped. So I've planted another 40 in the hope of finding another quad. If I do, I'll try and do quad by quad seeds, but if they are the same sex, or if I don't get another, I'll do quad by tri.
Here's the quad seedling:
picture.php

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Bigger delay than I expected. I ran into another issue. Normal compost wasn't available, so I had to just get what was. Long story short, it killed my plants. So I went elsewhere and what I could get, my one rescued cutting from a dying plant was not happy. So I went elsewhere. I've now got a compost that I think I can use. I've removed the one clone from its old compost, and put it in the new stuff and I think I can reveg it.
In the mean time, I popped some black ghash f2's I made, and then popped 40 bruised nuts. I kept the first 10 tri seedlings, and was happily killing the rest off when a quad popped. So I've planted another 40 in the hope of finding another quad. If I do, I'll try and do quad by quad seeds, but if they are the same sex, or if I don't get another, I'll do quad by tri.
Here's the quad seedling:
View Image

Glad you come back. :angelshug:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I've been coming back again and again for the last 16 years, no point stopping now. Should start throwing pics up again soon. No one wants to see seedlings though.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Gotta keep that one, u know how rare 4 leaf clovers are?? Luck uh the Irish right thur!

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Up to 4 good quads now, two I killed off for diff reasons. Still popping. Each new quad causes the death of a tri. I've only got so much space. The black ghash are still going. Pics when things are big enough to know I'm keeping them full term. Should I keep this thread or do a new 4 + 4 = ? Thread ?

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
I was thinking about your 3 + 3 =? thread just the other day, wondering what if you where still working with them and here youre on to 4 + 4=? Im back just in time :D

mucho respect! See you around...

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Up to 4 good quads now, two I killed off for diff reasons. Still popping. Each new quad causes the death of a tri. I've only got so much space. The black ghash are still going. Pics when things are big enough to know I'm keeping them full term. Should I keep this thread or do a new 4 + 4 = ? Thread ?

Any decision, we will respect. :D

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Garden
picture.php

If its got 2 leaves its black ghash, if its got 3 its bruised nuts, if its got 4 its staying :)

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Thanks for popping in Big D. I'm going to see how many I get. I just got one more, so at 5 quads now. If I hit 8, I'll give them their own thread, otherwise they can have a corner in this one.
Mars, has the spectrum of the TS series changed? I saw you post they were 660 + white, but mine diff has blue chips in.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Thanks for popping in Big D. I'm going to see how many I get. I just got one more, so at 5 quads now. If I hit 8, I'll give them their own thread, otherwise they can have a corner in this one.
Mars, has the spectrum of the TS series changed? I saw you post they were 660 + white, but mine diff has blue chips in.

Did you buy the TS model recently? The latest version is a little different. The light seems more yellow than old one.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
No I'm still using the one that you and unclefishstick gave me between you. If this isn't an accurate reflection of what you are selling these days, I'm happy to end the thread here. My plan was to run this thread for the life of the light though, in order to give people the chance to see all aspects of the light, including how long they can expect it to last. Another reason that I never turned the power down from 100%, which might have made it last longer than it otherwise will.
Oh the yellow colour came from my white balance setting, I was taking close ups of the quads, using a blue led torch, so I set the colour for that and then snapped a pic of the garden while putting them away, without resetting the white balance. That's my fault for being lazy.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
No I'm still using the one that you and unclefishstick gave me between you. If this isn't an accurate reflection of what you are selling these days, I'm happy to end the thread here. My plan was to run this thread for the life of the light though, in order to give people the chance to see all aspects of the light, including how long they can expect it to last. Another reason that I never turned the power down from 100%, which might have made it last longer than it otherwise will.
Oh the yellow colour came from my white balance setting, I was taking close ups of the quads, using a blue led torch, so I set the colour for that and then snapped a pic of the garden while putting them away, without resetting the white balance. That's my fault for being lazy.

Hi GMT, it is okay to continue this thread. There is no big difference between new and old version.