What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Moving to Greece

Flores

Hello friends! :tiphat:

I was thinking that I would move in the future to Greece on a beautiful island, it does not matter whether a big or small, as long as he has his charm and beautiful beaches. I tried to watch house prices in your country through real estate agencies, but I stayed a little horrified. While in Slovakia you pay for the house from 120,000 to 500,000€ (luxury villa), I have not found suitable house under one million euros in Greece. For comparison, house for sale, only 30 minutes to the capital city at a price of 335K:

https://www.topreality.sk/rk-kluc-e...najvyhladavanejsia-lokalita-v-trnave-r5168878 .html

And that one is pretty luxury. So, did I look on bad websites or are those a normal prices for a houses in your conutry?

Thanks guys! :)

Papastroumf

I was thinking that I would move in the future to Greece on a beautiful island, it does not matter whether a big or small, as long as he has his charm and beautiful beaches. I tried to watch house prices in your country through real estate agencies, but I stayed a little horrified. While in Slovakia you pay for the house from 120,000 to 500,000€ (luxury villa), I have not found suitable house under one million euros in Greece. For comparison, house for sale, only 30 minutes to the capital city at a price of 335K:

https://www.topreality.sk/rk-kluc-e...najvyhladavanejsia-lokalita-v-trnave-r5168878 .html

And that one is pretty luxury. So, did I look on bad websites or are those a normal prices for a houses in your conutry?

In any case this prices is not normal for our country and with this bad economy situation.Be careful because a lot of people will try to cheat you.If you are looking for a house in front of the beach then maybe you will not find something so cheap,but chances there are everywhere if you search well.

Saker

Greece is a Nice place to live and Some very nice real estate in Greece and good real estate deals around at the moment...also if you invest more that 250K for that you will be tax-free for some years as a foreigner and pretty sure you can find something nice for this budget right now, but is all about the 3 basic rules of real estate anywhere in the world location location location.

Good option could also be buying a property and building something there, i would recommend off-grid eco build type thing but this another story...

Good luck with your search!

Ksaderfo

You might have checked one of those luxury properties websites... There are some pretty expensive houses in Greece..

Islands are cool, unless it's windy and you get stuck there for a couple of months.. :D

I would suggest a nice house in a picturesque village.. or even an apartment in a new-ish building.

I suppose that you don't need to work right? :D

ShariTaho

With the whole lockdown in our homes I'm also thinking that moving to Santorini would be a great way to live in a free to move island. I remember the port in Santorini which is a really iconic place to get to and I think I would like a house close to it. It's not that hard to get all the way up to the caldera if you take the cable train they have. You can also get a much cheaper luxury transfer if you are in a hurry. It's worth all the money of the world to be able to enjoy the sunsets and if you have some good friends like me, you can even get to see some extraordinary places on the island!