What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strain selection for outdoor 2012....

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
What are some you guys planning on running next year...never too early to start debating. Most of us want something that grows huge and produces quality flavorful smoke, and something that finishes in late sept/early oct is always nice as well...With the market so flooded for outdoors, its important to have something that stands out from the rest.

Personally, im thinking about doing LVPK, Cherry Pie, and LA Con from clone again, nice big stinky nugs good bag appeal and they finish early....got some other clones on the radar as well.

I like plant vigor, so im going to do some strains from seed, going to pop a few BOG packs of Sour Bubble and Bogglegum, Triangle x Deep Chunk, and contemplating a few other strains. Anything available on seedbay that would love a 200 gallon pot in northern california??

GOT DANK

Veteran
mostly OGs and Diesels for me. gonna try a bunch of new OGs from seed, bogs sour grape, serious bubblegum and few more i can't think of.

Endur

Veteran
I'm planning on running BOG's, Sour Bubble & LifeSaver from seeds. (haven't seen any good Blueberry for a long time).
Going to order Emerald Triangle - Cherry OG & Lemon Diesel.

Clones- Raspberry Cough, Pre 98 Bubba.
Peace
Endur

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
where are those emerald triangle seeds available? The royal kush i have is from "emerald mountain collective"....Whats the lineage behind Cherry OG?

anybody know whats up with alien? he was supposed to release a bunch of laytonville strains like the cherry pie x alien, etc...

sick.nick

next year I'll try some pure landraces:
Seedsman seeds - hash passion (morrocan landrace)
Seedsman seeds - Afgani #1 (afghanistan landrace)
Herbaria - Shivas Joy (Nepal landrace)
I'm searching some pure high CBD strain for Rick Simpson hemp oil.

I heard that Turkish indica landrace is very high in CBD but I can't find any... Any advice ?

I'm at 55. nothern lat. so I'm planning on growing some of Esbe's early and mold resistent strains. I have acquired hash plant 2 and Danish gold so far.

G

guest8905

from your part of the state , clones that do very well outside are
-green crack (a real gem outside)
-alien kush
-blue knight
-blue dream

those are just a few of the ones that do well. You may want to be wary of sour bubble as i did one outside once, it was very nice, but not the best bud to leaf ratio. The buds were really nice though.

good luck

whats up with the cherry pie alien?

S

sweetypie

The huckleberry I've been seeing lately is top notch outdoor

Mostly XJ-13. Came out retarded good.

Thinking of trying a few blue diesel trees, the smoke/smell is impeccable. Either that or Sour Alien, both came out nice on the small plants.

Also gonna pop a bunch more subcool stock...still have yet to decide which Space Queen I'll keep from this year.

Gonna do a selection run indoor and run the best pheno's I find...

A few of the Space Queens from this year turned out pretty shitty....not gonna make the mistake of trying out new pheno's when I'm running only 2 dozen 5# plants...

I like that we're already onto next year!

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
Def check out Tom Hills haze. It will love the 200 gallon pot for sure! currently got it in flower and a mother for next seasons Outdoor. some C99 BX1 would also do good outdoors. Either way you got some nice genetics in your stock. Looking forward to seeing your OD season next year. btw that LA CON is one of my Favorite strains ;)

Starins For My 2012 OD:

Tom Hill Haze F2
Mosca Negra C99 BX1
Hammerhead
Ace Of Spades
REZ SSSDH
My Breed PURPLE MIKADO (GDP x MIKADO)

WEED4ALL

hy friends, my plan for outdoor 2012 ;
Dutch Passion Colour mix 1 : 6 seeds
I will use Half of seeds :

Passion #1 (1x)
Shaman (1x)
Frisian dew (1x)

I heard for Mataro blue "auto" ( kannabia) just good , so i will take 5 seeds of mataro blue and plant 3 seeds and i heard that this isn't 100% autoflower and is like normal variety (finish time ...)

Than i will take 2 different auto strains :(royalqueenseeds)
Easy Bud 1x
Royal Haze Automatic 1x

Advice are welcome about seeds.....

Bullfrog44

Veteran
Weed4all - I grew out the frisian dew couple years ago and it was awful. I only grew out two females but they were both sub par.

Next years outdoor is already on a lot of our minds huh? I am thinking of getting into more kushes next year. This year was all Diesel and C99 mixes. Tagged on this thread for sure.

WEED4ALL

i DONT think that frisian dew would be bad outdoor but i will try it ...Mybe FD was awful beacuse of location of grow? where you from ? mybe place was bad .... but i belive you...

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i grew out ganjas sssdh cut in the headstash garden and while i liked the frost and smell...the leaf/calyxn ratio made it really hard to trim...

bullfrog i think you grew out sour bubble outdoors? how were the c99 crosses...i have some dutchgrown ogre99 seeds in the stash..and some dieselrella...

since everyones doing kushes i might also do the OGxCD since everyone raves about it....

bozga

For me Spanish and Danish strains - Mandala & Cannabiogen and some Hybrids from Hell next season I hope :D
Never tried Canadian genetics... Maybe I will try something like Blue Dynamite?
Have also very few Flo beans..
It should be an interesting season, this one sure was :D

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am going to grow out a local only strain "Allen Wrench" been kept in rotation by a long time grower friend for over 20 years, my patients are screaming for more of it and the outdoor was BETTER than the indoor (shrug) go figure.

Sill looking for 2-3 more strains to run leaning to;

1) LPVK
2) Cherry Pie
3) AK-47
4) ??? havn't made up my mind yet

I will be small, just running (5) 200's in my backyard.

WEED4ALL

Haha :) now i am in doubt's wich mix to take so advice :
Dutch passion:
Coulor mix 1: frisian dew , shaman, Passion #1
Coulor mix 2: Holland's hope, Durban poison, Voodoo
wich mix do you suggest ?

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
Nice, let the reporting begin.

Had a good year with WWidow and Trainwreck...not so good with Church and AMS.

Going to get away from GHS this next year, plus I have the WW and TW to hold on to. Going to try some more modern mixes, plus perhaps early skunk... to make seeds with hopefully. Just keep the males indoor and use the pollen later, so no boys get out into the woods.

Bullfrog44

Veteran
bullfrog i think you grew out sour bubble outdoors? how were the c99 crosses...i have some dutchgrown ogre99 seeds in the stash..and some dieselrella...

since everyones doing kushes i might also do the OGxCD since everyone raves about it....

I grew out Dutchgrown ogre99 last year. She was not the best outdoor plant IMO, but made some excellent hash. Both phenos of mine where nice, but I feel better can be found. I have grown out the Dieselrella indoors and she was very nice. Great yields and tasty herb, outdoors she would be a beast.

I have yet to grow out any bog gear outdoors because I thougt I heard they didn't grow well outdoors due to mold. However, all I see on ICmag is evidence to the contrary. I might pop some bog this next season.

This year I grew out:

Magenta99 by Dutchgrown - Excellent plant overall. Huge yields (4+ lbs on one plant) and easy to grow. I lost maybe 10% to mold and catterpillers which in my book is very good. I got the purple pheno on both my plants, and both were very nice. The only complaint is the earthy taste could be a little nicer, but I would give a strong 8/10.

4SD by Rez - Always a good plant. This years did not come out as good as last year, but all samples had chemdog funk to it. Fantastic hash and pretty final product. Very strong and some people complain it is too funky.

Galariel by Rez - This was my best overall plant this year. I grew three of them out and all three were very nice. The final product is light green with a sweet smell. Yields were very nice as well and the plant grew it self. Only one thing to look out for with this plant, Hermi's!!!!

Sour Queen by Rez - I would not recommend this plant for outdoor growing. The plants were huge and grew football size nugs. However at the end of the season this year I had 4 days of rain in a row. I ended up losing about 80% off two of three SQ's. The final product is outstanding if your climate permits.

KillerQueenKush by Rez - I will pass on this next season for sure.

Kindu Kush by Rez - I will pass on this next season for sure.

Latest posts

Latest posts