What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

==Smoke Report-AK48==~~~

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Strain: AK48

Breeder: Nirvana

Appearence: Small dense nuggets, very resinous, dark orange almost red hairs. 9/10

Smell: Pungenant, fruity, spicy, low odor until breaking up a nug.7/10

Taste: Spicy, fruity, sour, dank, excellent taste! 9/10

High: Potent sativa high, upligting but spacey if smoked to much. Good daytime high if smoke in small amounts. Good high. 8/10

Overall: I've tried a few phenos of AK48 and both were good. This recent one was a vigorous grower but stretched like crazy in flower, im talking stupid like 3-4x. Flower time wasn't bad for a sativa dom pheno (9 weeks). I enjoy smoking AK but this pheno had to go due to height probs. I'll definetly enjoy smoking it while I have it. AK seems to be Nirvanas best strains, this is some very resinous herb and potent. 8.5/10

haze1er

thats looks like some killer ak48 you got there. last time i grew out ak48 i ended with 2 phenos an indica dom which was finish in about 8 1/2 weeks with super tight nugs and a sativa dom which went about 10-11 weeks.

the sativa dom was my fav and i also believe ak48 is nirvana best strain.

great job.

Lunatic Fringe

Nice Job.... I know I want to try AK48 because I love their NL... Great stuff. So the smell during growing was pretty low huh.... Man your gonna make me spend more money.... They are probably my next purchase.
jump.gif

revcold

the pheno i got doesnt even smell like cannabis but is covered in crystals and finishes in 9 weeks..has more of a tropical fruit smell and taste..hard to describe..smells get more complex as it cures

Greenish

Theres different phenos obviously
I ordered 5 ak 48 beans around last year and all of them were more or less the same Indica Shape .
I veged them for a month and then flower and they streched for like 10 cm douring flower.

I can agree with you on the smell , but the taste wasnt as special as you describe it... ah.. maby i just had a different pheno.

Chiefin

Hell yeah!! I also endorse this product for it's crystally dankness, low odor, flavor ,and high. Oh yeah, and the quick finishing time. Brokeasses rejoice! :greenstars::greenstars::greenstars:

jjs

I know there are a lot of diff pheno's around is it pretty much a uplifting high or the type you could have to help you sleep?

haze1er

:tiphat:imadoofus that pic of ak looks exactly like the sativa dom pheno of ak48 i got when i grew her. the indica dom has almost a sliver color to it when cured.

I just did their ak-48 and the Ice,only two plants of each is my max grow load to make the comparison and each of the two resembled it's buddy.I agree with your taste review of the ak,the Ice is good too but mine has of a less euphoria type effect than the ak,both are a an enjoyable experience

nickman

Veteran
i grew out 1 last round that didnt turn out worth shit but i gotta couple more this round and they r all lookin much better then last ...
i'm just hoping for some better smoke as well ...

the pheno i had last time was just 1 big bud with like 2-3 little side branches. the smoke was terrible. it was very airy-fluffy ...

the pheno's i got this round r lookn better as i said. 1 of those has so much frost these last couple weeks. The other 2 r the same pheno's whitch look good but not as much frosting. They r bigger looking yeilders though.
The 1 with a lot of frost did the most stretching ...

I'm just really hoping that they r better smoke then b4 ...

You better let it ripe properly. If taken down at 7-8 wks, it is pretty lame, but gets much better after 9 week. At least Forest strawberry smelling pheno. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts