What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Finest Early Sativa

BFSKINNER

Hey everybody,

I've been looking at beans for next years outdoor grow. My location is about 42* N, can let stuff go until about the second week of November usually. I love sativas in general and yield isn't that important to me. What do you folks think are my best from seed bets to get the speedy sat feeling I love?

I've been thinking abotu KC Brains T.N.R and Durban Poison from Dutch Passion, but the durban seems to have a reputation as a rather weak plant.

Looking for stuff that starts flowering at the beginning of september/late august.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

outsidegrower

Premium user
Veteran
Try jamacian pearl from sensi seeds its my favorite. Grown it for 3 years now. f2's are very nice and just as good as the F1's. The high is all in the head, all the indica lovers hate this one. Its a very edgey high and has great taste. it's got a pine,ceder,diesel fuel,sweet taste. The best way i'd discribe it is haze light. Started harvasting oct. 3 finished two days ago and have been smoking it three times a day every day since then. I still cant tell where the ceiling is and i get way way to high and wished i wasnt high. not a one hit wonder but every joint gets you higher. joints burn very slow and seem to have a lot of smoke. Good yeild to. I dont know what the finished weight is yet but every 2 plant covers a standard screen door with trimmed bud.

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
I've also been wondering about bangi haze and that jamacian pearl sounds nice. Is your JP old seni stock or newer? Take care 1

amrad

Texada Island Timewarp, finishes middle to end of Oct. Very potent, large yeilds, not edgy or paranoia inducing. Up sativa high. As a bonus the buds can turn a lovely mauve colour in the fall if temps are coolish. It was clone only but lots of different companies offer seed versions now.

BFSKINNER

You guys are all great so much more informed and less aggressive than rollitup and some other places.

Thanks for all the suggestions and please keep them coming! A list of early flowering Sativa strains which are powerful enough for headstash grade buds is long overdue. I know that sats which finish sometime around January will always be the grail, but there are many sativa lovers north of 40* who can't grow indoors.

Cash crop types could use a list like this too, premium shit goes for premium prices and once somebody smokes real sativa they'll be back for more...

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
South African strains !

So true, so overlooked, the Swazi I ran finished late Sept in the UK rot free after 5 days of continuous rain. I think I have just got her back too :)

Here she is, trained over and close up, a few days ago...

Somas Amnesia Haze, top notch genetics, finishes amazingly early, by very early October she was giving really nice fresh flowers, in late Sept it was very smokeable and probably better than inferior Sativas that were done better by that date. Rot proof buds too, no frosts so cannot comment on that issue...

Amnesia Haze on 06 Oct. Great smoke now, stellar if left a couple more weeks ....

Rinse

Veteran
Do you know of any reliable vendors?

At present Im not too sure but Im looking for sources myself since loosing all my landraces due to bastard feds.

So true, so overlooked, the Swazi I ran finished late Sept in the UK rot free after 5 days of continuous rain. I think I have just got her back too :)

Somas Amnesia Haze, top notch genetics, finishes amazingly early, by very early October she was giving really nice fresh flowers, in late Sept it was very smokeable and probably better than inferior Sativas that were done better by that date. Rot proof buds too, no frosts so cannot comment on that issue...

Amnesia Haze on 06 Oct. Great smoke now, stellar if left a couple more weeks ....

Late september wow thats earlier than I thought for swazi tbh!
What seedbank is it from?

I ran a few swazis from African seeds and they went well into october and wanted to go beyond.
But Im above 50n (UK) so BFSKINNER you should have no problem at 42n.

Ive heard Durban is earlier and the Lesotho strain so Im looking for them and any other early African plants.
These type of strains are real tough and the quality of a well grown African is unbeatable.

bigherb

Veteran

both look beautiful ,i dont know how much longer id run that AH as she looks done from here ,but id like to applaud you for growing the sativas/sat dom strains in your local not sure exactly where your at but congrats on the fine work

me myself since last outdoor season ive been growing mns haze hybrids such as sk/hz n NH with much success in NYC

sativas such as haze seem to be hard to kill and can withstand diverse condition ,id recommend more to grow sativa /sat dom hybrids such a haze hybrid outdoors if your climate doesnt frost before the end of oct

1luvbigherb

outsidegrower

Premium user
Veteran
You could also look at mandala #1 and satori I grew both last year was very happy with the results. Very cheap seeds and most people just rave about them.

V

vod

Gonna second the Bangi Haze tip. At 50N was done about mid to late Oct.

Second week Nov allows for quite a lot of strains... I loved fms Grapefruit from indoors. Didn't have much luck outdoors (with Gf x Victory) with getting the nice head.

I had Durban (Sensi? f2? not sure, was a gift) this year and they are in a different world than the Bangi. Not nearly as much resin or vigour. I didn't smoke them yet, but I can't imagine them turning out in the same league potency-wise as the Bangi. Smells nice though.

BFSKINNER

^^But as is the case for many non-pacific regions the weather is insanely variable here. I've seen a foot of snow fall on Halo'ween before :)

Can I get Bangi Haze from gypsy?

V

vod

America... when I read 42N I think of Barcelona and such climates :smoke:

No Bangi Haze from Gypsy currently.

what latitude did you grow the amnesia haze outdoors?

bro, about early sativas... i'm at 44N so i hear ya.
get a pack of TNR, or three :), some of the most vigorous plants i've seen, loads of variation in flower time, all very sativa dom. however, expect harvest october-november, maybe even december for some.
Bangi Haze, i am trying next year, supposed to be one of the best early sativa dom.
a friend gave me some GuerillaGold/Congo sativa x Thyphoon .... plants are extremely sativa, f1's were finished mid sept here at 44n, i have some f2s, expecting more of the gg and congo to shine through this gen.

high quality sativa is not easy to find.... when grown in north. most of the long flowering sativas dont flower and produce trichomes the right way, for me. here frost starts in september, but plants can grow to halloween (if the rain doesnt kill them). i tried swazi redbeard a few years ago, waste of time.
most of the early sativa doms lack potency.... in my experience.
seriously, rock the TNR and find some keepers.