What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mauritius sativa

lasko

I was lucky to get some seeds from Mauritus, but i didnt found any decent info about strains there, so decided to start a thread. I hope some of you will add some more info. I know just what my friend told me.
He got seeds from an old rasta there, oldman told him that they plant seeds in may and harvest small bushes in october, what means they have winter grow ??? As i see plants have potential to grow in big trees not small bushes :D And he said its Zamal :confused: La reunion is close so it might be :confused:

I got 5 seeds 10. 5. 2009 and plant them next day, germination 5 of 5 :D not bad for exotic seeds :D

on pic plants at 20 days

sorry but just this pic :wallbash: its pic before put them to flower

Transplanted in 1,5l bottles as i wanted them small :D they showed sex early - hermi plant after 8 days, female plants from 11-14 days and male after 15 days

after 4 weeks of flower they are like this

updates soon
Feel free to add any info

namaste :joint:

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lookin'good lasko! :D
...already any smell on this flowerz?
will be interesting to see the results

lasko

Nice to see you here bro
At the moment my nose is not in good conditions :D so i hardly tell you about smell

1000ARMSofKALI

hi lasko, thats exciting attempt you do:yeahthats How long flower period do you expect?:muahaha: are you going 12/12?, dont you assume about more darkness for them?

keep it up

kali

lasko

Tnx 1000arms
i expect loooooonnnngggggggggg flowerin period up to 200 dayz :D well i hope for less, but we will see
For now they are on 11.30/12.30 but i will go slowly down to 10, maybe 9 hours of light, all depends on how will they react

lasko

Weedninja

La Reunion and Mauritius are very close and I don't think its a very big leap to say that they're probably related. I wish I could give you first hand info about La Reunion Zamal but the beans I got were duds (0/15). The seeds were small and dark if that helps. There's a Zamal thread in the Magus forum with some good info.

Dubi from Ace said that he had trouble finding a true male that didn't autoflower or hermie.

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool lasko ill be watching this with interest..!!!

lasko

tnx broda
Benji nice to have you here :wave:
Weedninja :respect: tnx for info, i will look for that. The seeds were the smallest seeds i saw in my life and dark brown. So you wana say im a little lucky guy to have a pure male? I didnt test avtoflowering traits as i put them to flower after two weeks from seeds
Peksman :wave: yes some plants are waiting to recive a little polen ... as always :D

respect brodas
lasko

daemos

tnx broda
Benji nice to have you here :wave:s
Weedninja :respect: tnx for info, i will look for that. The seeds were the smallest seeds i saw in my life and dark brown. So you wana say im a little lucky guy to have a pure male? I didnt test avtoflowering traits as i put them to flower after two weeks from seeds
Peksman :wave: yes some plants are waiting to recive a little polen ... as always :D

respect brodas
lasko

Have to say that you are very lucky to get those seeds if they are from mauritius. Mauritius is a very strict place when it comes to drugs. I am half maurtian and was there about a year and a half agoe. while there i spoke to some locals while on a bit of search for some greens and for the month i was there i couldnt get a hold of any what so ever Havy drug penalties in mauritius. even the white frenchys working behind the bars at the clubs couldnt help me out. On the other hand Reunion Is is only half an hours plane ride and got told if you just ask the locals over there you can get sorted very easily and its cheap. Maybe it has something to do with the governments in both countries? Reunion is french owned while Mauritius is independant. Great thread be looking forward to be seeing how this one pans out.

lasko

Daemos you are wright. its hard to get get greens there, and if you get something there are just leaves :D my friend said that he couldnt find anything until he met an old rasta, who gave him grass and seeds. But on the other hand a lot of people smoking there, but they are afraid... it must be realy restrict law there

ElRubio

Veteran
Tagged
and very interesting if they´re related to the Zamal
good luck, they deserve their own thread as Herbalistic said:yeahthats...

Big ups for all

lasko

elrubio tnx my friend, herbalistic was right :D
I checked plant yesterday and they dont have any rush with flowering :D One of them looks like quick pheno :D other two are the same as a week ago, just higher :D i dont have a camera at the moment but i will try to make some pics tomorrow.

Tnx to all for kind words
peace brodas

lasko

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice cant wait for pics lasko bro...

Mr.M

XXI
ICMag Donor
Very cool Lasko!:lurk::lurk: Wow..that 200 day flower period should be a real test of patients :D Best of luck man.

Peace,
M

Weedninja

Have to say that you are very lucky to get those seeds if they are from mauritius. Mauritius is a very strict place when it comes to drugs. I am half maurtian and was there about a year and a half agoe. while there i spoke to some locals while on a bit of search for some greens and for the month i was there i couldnt get a hold of any what so ever Havy drug penalties in mauritius. even the white frenchys working behind the bars at the clubs couldnt help me out. On the other hand Reunion Is is only half an hours plane ride and got told if you just ask the locals over there you can get sorted very easily and its cheap. Maybe it has something to do with the governments in both countries? Reunion is french owned while Mauritius is independant. Great thread be looking forward to be seeing how this one pans out.

@daemos: Is it true that all Cannabis is called Zamal in that area?

@lasko: If you get a male that doesn't autoflower, hermie and sheds pollen, then I think you're very lucky:joint:
Please keep us updated, I love these exotic sativas.

lasko

Weedninja as i know zamal is french word for ganja
I have a male :D, hermi is dead, but i didnt test autoflower. Well i took some cuts few days ago and put under 20/4 if they continue to flower then shit happen :D
Why not use autoflo male? Cause IMO is big posibillity that this strain is autoflo. Guys down there have winter grows, plants started in may (11/13) and finished in october (13/11)
We will see in few weeks. I got a camera today, when light goes on i will take some pics

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Nice to see you started a thread, wasnt a bad idea to gather info, eh?

Yes, they have strict drug laws over there, but they got their own cultivation going too, not talking about couple plant homegardens, but a real cultivated fields. Thats what my friend told and the guy is from there and is the "biggest & most dedicated" pothead from my circle´s...

Anyways, waiting to see more in nearby months Lasko and btw.. The autoflowering idea sounds more than GREAT!!!

lasko

Wellcome here broda, it wasnt a bad idea :D
If they autoflower it maight work good for nord outdoor - started in may finished in october/november.
Please ask your friend about winter grow. Is it true?

respect
lasko