What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Medicinal Effects of Strains

Painfull

Hello med users,
I have dystonia and recent heart attack with 4 way by pass and now a stent. It makes it hard to get the meds. i need. The best thing for us is to have a break down from seeds or clones of the %. THC, CBD, CBN. Which very few breeders do.This would better help our understanding which strains would better fit our need. It would also be great for a small grower like me to make these strains in a feminized form. It is great to see that Dr. Jays heart still lives in this community. Where we help each other. Thank you.

Peace,
Painfull

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Painfull said:
Hello med users,
I have dystonia and recent heart attack with 4 way by pass and now a stent. It makes it hard to get the meds. i need. The best thing for us is to have a break down from seeds or clones of the %. THC, CBD, CBN. Which very few breeders do.This would better help our understanding which strains would better fit our need. It would also be great for a small grower like me to make these strains in a feminized form. It is great to see that Dr. Jays heart still lives in this community. Where we help each other. Thank you.

Peace,
Painfull

Ya unfortunately they don't make ratios available.. only THC. which is there questionable due to growing conditions etc. But as far as female, the key is to have a mother plant or 2 so that you always have those genetics.

What are you looking for in medical marijuana?

Blood flow control? Pain control? Blood flow is really tough issue, and i sometimes don't recommend smoking cannabis and using blood pressure medication as you can have a really bad attack of blacking out due to slow blood movement.

Dr. J is a hero to me and many others. May his kind spirit live on.

SCF

Painfull

I would say something for my dystonia, which is a movement disorder and pain. I also need something to lift my spirits. I can always use my vaporizer if needed. Which would be better for my heart. Keeping a mother plant is not possible at this time. So i just go with fem. seeds or clones if i can get them. I been using Mazar which is skunk #1 x Afghani which helped a little. Any help is much appreciated

Painfull

Last edited:

Painfull

Thanks SCF,
It's been hell after open heart surgery and then a stent. Seems doctors keep finding more things wrong everytime i go to them. But i know there are people worse off then me. And prays go out to them all.

Peace,
Painfull

Painfull

I been looking for a good med. strain that helps with the pain and spirits, but won't lock you down or make you tired. Heard good reports about sensi star and white rhino. What do people here think fits this bill the best, since we are med. users here.

Thanks,
Painfull

Last edited:

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Sensi Star is a good indica, that makes you calm... nice relaxer.. as far as spirits go, you just gotta try out everything you can LOL. Maybe some Sativa's as well.

Painfull

I am growing some C-99 and should be ready in about 3 weeks or so. Thinking of going with the white rhino next and maybe mix a little together with the C-99. I think the white rhino maybe more potent then the sensi star. But the thc % seems to lean more with sensi star.

Painfull

mspatient

What is Northern Lights (more specifially Female Seeds Nothern Light) good for med-wise? Any info would be appreciated. It is mostly indica, or 50/50 hybrid? How does it compare to Train Wreck or Black Domina, or Super Silver Haze? I'm thinking it would be good for relaxation and pain relief? Thanks

Last edited:
mspatient said:
What is Northern Lights (more specifially Female Seeds Nothern Light) good for med-wise? Any info would be appreciated. It is mostly indica, or 50/50 hybrid? How does it compare to Train Wreck or Black Domina, or Super Silver Haze? I'm thinking it would be good for relaxation and pain relief? Thanks

it should be about 100% indica, a true old skool breeding favorite. solid punch, didn't find NL5 too tasty myself, but it is def an indica pain reliever. i believe super silver haze is a NLxhaze cross (roughly, or skunk?) black domina i find to be more fun, but NL is a good standby. should be plenty of smoke and grow reports of various NL strains (NL5, NL1, NL11, a few that i think are still around.) here and there.

homogeneous, good yielder, 7-8 weeks i hear.

just not too exotic, but i would smoke it for some physical aches any day.

best,
me

mspatient said:
Hello there i have a degenerative muscle disorder also and have found that kush strains help alot with my muscles.I have smoked NL11 and it helped alot also.I have been depresses lately and have been mixing half of some Kush(not sure what strain but got it from a reliable freind)and haze in a bowl and smoking it and it helps a whole bunch I hope this help and best regards to you

Elk Woman

Ways of Testing Varieties

Ways of Testing Varieties

Hi all, thanks for all the info. :wave:

I LOVE Afgooey for its mental uses; it always makes us smile. Sucks for night-time sleep as it stimulates my brain too much; but the flavor is magical, like grapes. Not a lot of yield, but of all our plants we like the Affie the best. :rasta:

Train Wreck is our second favorite. We use it for attitude adjustments, literally; when life sucks, we suck smoke! :joint:

Kwik Kali, while listed as a sativa-dominant, I find VERY strong in a kind of "huh-what?" way. It makes me feel stupid, while most sat's make me feel smart and funny (which I am.) :kos:

Lambsbread is AMAZING, but only for short term; the buzz seems to wear off within an hour. Perhaps this is why the Rastas are constantly smoking out? Very good: "Let us reason together." :rasta:

I've been trying out a new way to categorize various buzzes; it involves noticing, within 5-10 minutes after smoking, what part of my head/ brain is being PHYSICALLY stimulated. Since I know a bit about the brain and how the various parts of it function separately and together, I've discerned that different types of bud seem to physically impact specific sections. Some impact the speech centers, others the places where synesthesia (when senses blur together) seems to reside. :chin:

I've also noticed that certain cannabinoids have different tastes; meaning, specific taste buds in my mouth go off like little rockets when I find an exceptional variety that seems sub-psychedelic. Back in the '80s I had the great pleasure :jump: of being the taste-tester for "the industry," and I could tell within a few moments where and how it was going to impact my body and brain. Since most of us can't afford the scientific testing to name and isolate various cannabinoids, I highly recommend any of you who are sensitive in this way to begin to catalog the various stone-levels.:joint::chin:

Anybody else notice these things? Comments?

Enjoy the fruits and blossoms of our efforts!:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Last edited:

jersey

the northern lights i once had would put me to asleep, was great for naps

ak47 i could stay awake if i wanted, but once i closed my eyes for acouple of minutes, i would be down to stay

bigdaddyc9

White Russian from SeriousSeeds is the Bomb for chronic pain.I'm a fibromyalgia x myofascil pain syndrome person who is on 360mg of oxycontin daily.I'm also a power puker.White Russian seems to cover all my ailments at one shot.I can eat,sleep and generally relax albeit iffin its only for a few hours.I still havent found its equal medicinally.I just harvested 4 wr's and got roughly 1 1/2oz's a peice.Huge colas but very stinky.You must have odor control on high or expect a visit.Peace and live on Dr.Jay-you'll always be The Man

lasko

hi to all i need some help
A friend of mine has migraine problems, conventional medicine have no effect so she asked me for some weed but i dont know what to give to her. I have deep chunk, dublegum, power plant, black domina x jack herer, jack herer, shiva shanti, sweet tooth, ice cream at the moment. Are any of them good for migraine? Or is better to give her some seeds of cross deep chunk and any of this varieties? Any idea?

And what is the best way to take? Smoking? Eating?
Im new to medical use, but not new to recreactional use :D

Anyone can help? Tnx a lot

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
DrJay2001 said:
I believe Lifesaver is best used as fresh as possible (within the first 4-6 weeks). This is when the cannabidiol (CBD) is highest. CBD and Lifesaver have powerful anti-inflammatory effects, and Lifesaver is superb for muscle relaxation and back pain.

For all you out there the CBD level does not change with maturity or drying or curing. CBD does not form from old THC, or visa versa.

Elk Woman said:
I've been trying out a new way to categorize various buzzes; it involves noticing, within 5-10 minutes after smoking, what part of my head/ brain is being PHYSICALLY stimulated. Since I know a bit about the brain and how the various parts of it function separately and together, I've discerned that different types of bud seem to physically impact specific sections. Some impact the speech centers, others the places where synesthesia (when senses blur together) seems to reside.
I've also noticed that certain cannabinoids have different tastes; meaning, specific taste buds in my mouth go off like little rockets when I find an exceptional variety that seems sub-psychedelic. Back in the '80s I had the great pleasure of being the taste-tester for "the industry," and I could tell within a few moments where and how it was going to impact my body and brain. Since most of us can't afford the scientific testing to name and isolate various cannabinoids, I highly recommend any of you who are sensitive in this way to begin to catalog the various stone-levels.
Anybody else notice these things? Comments?

Cannabinoids have no taste or smell, even pure THC is colorless, smell-less, tasteless. You are not tasting them that is for sure. Besides the fact that most western bred Cannabis has little to zero other Cannabinoids beside THC. One of the problems with subjective analysis is confirmation of results, your findings are just plain wrong.

-SamS

PAGreen

It's true, both THC and CBD are pretty much undetectable to the taste, and CBD is found only in trace amunts (0-.2%), but I wouldn't be surprised if someone could pinpoint effects of both in different areas of the brain, if sensitive in that manner, but it wouldn't be through the taste or smell.
Developing information explains that what we can taste and smell are terpenes, and these may have a very interesting effect on our love of the strains that we love. Has anyone read Ed Rosenthal's Big Book of Buds 3? His detailed analysis of the different terpenes is very interesting. Do these terpenes subconsciously drive our decision making process when choosing medicine at the clubs? And are the terpenes themselves medicinal in various ways; do different terpenes stimulate different areas of the brain?
Another interesting note is, according to recent research, CBD is found to counteract negative effects of THC (such as paranoia and anxiety), and helps counteract cell growth in breast cancer. Also interesting is that, "There are only trace quantities of CBD in high-THC plants because one form of the same gene codes for THC synthase and another codes for CBD synthase. Thus growers selecting for high THC get low CBD." ~O'Shaughnessy's -The Journal of Cannabis in Clinical Practice
What does everyone think about this? Should we be breeding for CBD? Could the medicinal qualities of a strain with more equal parts THC and CBD, or merely higher quantities of CBD, be more medicinal?

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Sam_Skunkman said:
For all you out there the CBD level does not change with maturity or drying or curing. CBD does not form from old THC, or visa versa.

Cannabinoids have no taste or smell, even pure THC is colorless, smell-less, tasteless. You are not tasting them that is for sure. Besides the fact that most western bred Cannabis has little to zero other Cannabinoids beside THC. One of the problems with subjective analysis is confirmation of results, your findings are just plain wrong.

-SamS

Have you done some studies regarding this? Id be interested in your findings. Regarding zero other cannabinoids besides THC. And for Taste and Color for that matter. Because i have seen heads of "THC" ( In which you are not referring to CBD or CBN) look brown to burgundy to red. So I'm a little confused on this. As i have always been taught different from many different growers and my own experience. But I'm no scientist....

Latest posts

Latest posts