What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dual Hose A/C

Drop That Sound

That was the first thing I thought of when I pictured your setup in my head. Adding a little wall in there to slow and direct the cool air into the coil more. Your fan will always be blowing air away from it otherwise.

But then again the air its blowing has to come from somewhere, so it will probably create a cyclone/vortex effect in there and work ok anyway. Not sure but it might have some kind of cavitation and create more heat? That's boat propellers not airplanes though...

Taking the fan blades out of the shroud in the unit sounds like the best bet, and ducting the fresh air directly through the coil. You would have to at least match the flow of the stock fan in a normal open atmosphere, which im sure you more than will, with your turbo chargers :)

The old fan might even be a bottle neck in the flow, and have to turn down your 8 inchers, to keep the unit happy.

Not sure if this is exactly what you had in mind, but I just drew up some idea's for ya.

Attachments

• AC Duct Mods.jpg
    AC Duct Mods.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 10

Drop That Sound

Maybe adding the damper, with a humidity controller somewhere in the system, could help pull the moisture from the tent at lights out, without extra equipment.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I'm going to start construction tomorrow. Simpler is better. The 8" duct in will go right over the top so the air goes right in where its supposed to. There will be a partition or baffle, like the shape of a window, around the back edge that separates the cool air "in" side from the hot air "out" side. On the back, right where the hot air comes out, there will be a 90 degree duct register connector pointed up for the flex duct connection. It should be done by Wednesday with construction photos.

I have an spare temperature controller. instead of having the fans come on with the air conditioner, the fans will run separately on the controller. This is mainly to keep the fans running after the a/c stops for the cool down.

The actual construction will be fairly simple so anyone can do it and I will post a parts list.

DTS - Awesome!! Great thoughts and ideas. Thanks. It is cavitation or on a turbine, they call it compressor stall. If the propeller gets pushed faster than it was going maybe it could get turned into a generator. I thought about cutting the wire to the fan, but not doing that and keeping it simple will probably be fine.