What's new

Discoloration/Splotches/Trouble!

thefloyd

I originally was using Fox Farm Light Warrior in a really small cup. After about three weeks I transplanted them to bigger cups, one in a big pot (yesterday). I've been feeding them with bottled water. After about a week and a half I started using Fox Farm fertilizer at a very lose dosage. I saw these issues and thought the transplant might help.They're now in Fox Farm Ocean Forest. The last one is by far the worst. Any ideas??

darrmann

looks like a calciun deficiency, get some cal/mag and try that.you should never start out with more then 1/4 of recommended dosage per gallon. so if its says 1ml to a gallon give it 1/4 ml to a gallon for a couple weeks gradually building up to recommended dose. also i think you should check your ph first. it should be at 6.5 with ff. if your ph is off it will lockout your nutes and kinda looks like what it it. since the plants are showing different symptoms.

thefloyd

Thanks darrmann.

I just checked the PH. I have an analog meter so I don't know exactly... but it was inbetween 6 and 7. Before I transplanted I could not get a PH reading so it may have been off. Knowing that it is now OK, and that (assuming) FFOF has cal/mg in it, should I just leave it for a little while and see how the new leaves turn out? These leaves will never turn back to normal, correct?

KMothsi

Looks like a deficiency, but I think it's probably lock out like darrmann said. Be careful using any nutes on young seedlings, especially because there's already stuff in the soil.

As for the leaves...don't worry about 'em...by the time you're done vegging, those things will be irrelevant. If it is cal or mag def., however, it should remedy itself in the next 3-4 days. Burn, on the other hand, is there for good.

KMothsi

Actually, the more I look at the second pic, the more it looks like burn. Try watering for a few days with ph'd water.

Is this your first grow? What is the ppm of your water? I had a situation once where, despite having a ppm of 110, my water was too high in copper from old pipes, and killed my plants. If you continue to have problems, use RO water and add Cal/Mag at 5ml/GAL. In fact, doing that in either case should be helpful as the plant will appreciate the Cal/Mag if it is a def.

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to post yet another but this looks like classic Phosphorus 'P' deficit on veg growth to me.
What are your temps, how cold and wet is your medium?.

darrmann

sorry but it is not phosphourus or potassium, ppl need to stick with what they know. ok you people telling him its p and k I suggest you go here and read up on your nute deficiencys.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688

ok to thefloyd, those analog ph meters are junk I had one that read 7 all the time and when i finally got a good one it was like 7.9 which is way to high. if your .5 over 7 your going to have problems with lockout. I would do a flush then slowly introduce your nutes back in.

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry but it is not phosphourus or potassium, ppl need to stick with what they know. ok you people telling him its p and k I suggest you go here and read up on your nute deficiencys.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688

ok to thefloyd, those analog ph meters are junk I had one that read 7 all the time and when i finally got a good one it was like 7.9 which is way to high. if your .5 over 7 your going to have problems with lockout. I would do a flush then slowly introduce your nutes back in.

Don't be so bloody rude! I didn't/ still don't, think it's a Ca deficit but didn't get on your case, I also asked a question to rule mine in or out, who made you the oracle of IC?

I suggest you stop directing people around and do a bit of research yourself, this is a Ca deficit early and later stages, below.
11341134calcium-start2.jpg
1134calcium-1.jpg

thefloyd

Thanks for the response guys. I don't know the PPM, but it's bottled water.

The room its growing in is always extremely humid. I sweat when I'm in there for more than 10 minutes. I don't have a temp sensor in their either, I just know its hot.

I'm not sure it's relevant this was 12/12 from seed. And yeah it's my first grow.

There are two of the plants that still look fine except the bottom leaves. I may just leave it alone for know and hope they turn out again (with the new soil).