What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

7 weeks into flower & plants STOPPED taking up water...

Growbrass

I have four plants, all different sections of the room and all different strains, that have suddenly stopped taking up water and started getting extremely dry. I have ran 3 of the strains before and had no issues. I have other cuts off the same moms sitting right next to the effected ones that have no issues what-so-ever.

My room conditions are more precise than ever. 72-78f daytime 62-66f night. Plenty of fresh air coming in, and good exhaust.

The plants have been being flushed for 10-14 days.... so shouldn't be nutrient toxicity. Use only R.O. water & pH is consistent every feeding.

Anyone who has knowledge of why a plant would suddenly stop taking up water and dry out quickly, please please please help a guy out.

hanuman

A dehydrated plant doesn't "dry" as such, but gets soft and droopy. What about showing some pics ?

h :ying:

ibjamming

Veteran
What's the problem? You're at the end anyway... You've been flushing for 2 weeks...just take them down.

Growbrass

hanuman, I know what the normal affects of under watering are on cannabis plants. This is not normal by my standards.

Normally you are right, when the cells don't have water they go from turgid, to flaccid. However this problem went from flaccid(LIMP/DROOPY) to drying out very quickly. Is this a sign of the cells going lysis? Any help?

Growbrass

What's the problem? You're at the end anyway... You've been flushing for 2 weeks...just take them down.

7 weeks is not done. And I used to only flush for 2 weeks total. Now I just feed just RO water starting from roughly weeks 4-6 (depending on the strain and how long it flowers) I have found that when you flush for a long time, a long cure is not a must.

I used to cure for 2-3 months to get my product spot on. Since I started flushing twice as long, I have only had to cure for 2-6 weeks to get the maximum flavor/smell out of my product. It was a no-brainer after I did some experimenting with the longer flush.

darrmann

yea but with flushing that long your going a very long time without beneficial nutes that harden and cure your buds in a different way.Maybe thats part of the problem.

Latest posts

Latest posts