What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outside security camera

Bud Hi

well I thought we were safe, live on a straight road no place to pull over. city installed street lights.
on 4 acres all fenced/horses and barn type property
driveway gate alway closed and locked'

some low lifes broke into 4 of our cars/trucks busted the ingnition switches
1 car has computor chip in the key, would have never started without it anyway

took my NEW digital sony camera,my girl-friends calcalator for school, left the change(3 dollars in bills and maybe 8 dollars change,also left my 3 bottles for back pain medicine
each auto had some change in all of them, didn't take any????
like the cop said, all they wanted was the car.or if there was a gun in the glove box
been so crazy here since friday night, after our place , neighbors house and got away with his car.

cops said they had over 14 cars broken into friday night

fast forward to sat. nite at 12 midnite, look out and see a WRECKER sitting in my drive:mad:5 people(20-25 year old)>> not just a old man and his wrecker broke down<<< talking loud, one runns off, Yes, i call the law,shorty here comes a backhoe:dunno:
they sounded like they were having a party /laughing hooked a chain to the wrecker and pulled it up the road???? no lights>>> were they REALLY broke down
time goes bye... no cops... whats that we hear.... its the backhoe and the wrecker being pulled... no lights on( by now its 1 am coming back from the other way, pass the house and down the road..?????

called the law again, said they were busy with >10< more break-in at the moment, at another sub division about 6 miles from us.

sitting here lock-n-loaded, in the dark, thinking they were going to use the back hoe to crash our gate. DAMN feel so violated, told my girl friend we are safer here and i would ALWAYS protect her.........

thanks for reading,, letting me vent:wave::wave

SOOOOOOoooo, back on topic,,, What a good 4 cam system for us to install,?
Won't stop the crime, but, may ID the %^$%&*((

:thank you: :tiphat:

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think you literally just gave away enough personal information to easily be identified.

But yeah that sounds kinda crazy man please do stay safe, keep those guns loaded ;)

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
Huh?
scratch-head03-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000416-design.gif

Bud Hi

thanks for your interest..I'll edit Yea maybe i have gave out to much info,, i'm okay with that, no doing anything wrong here, just trying to live the simple life. not bother anyone, or they come onto my property, mess with us.

WaywardBob

i get angry just reading that story. fucking children,....

if i were you, and wasnt doing anything illegal in the house, id have some guns on hand for sure. if ANY of those guys took TWO STEPS towards my/your house after trying to jack my vehicle(s), shots would be fired. i guess im a little filled with hate right now, but i would have no qualms about dropping a couple of those worthless scumbags in self defense.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
If they were on your property AND you had "No Trespassing" signs up I really don't know why you did not take that situation in to your own hands.......

PS: If they were NOT on your property you are wasting your time (and $) to put up cameras.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Well doesn't that suck the big one call the cops and they are too busy LOL LOL>> Really?? WOW ... You know I'm not sure where you are or how you feel about this but if it was me I would walk out and find out WTF is up? Just seeing you if they are doing illegal shit SHOULD make them leave.. If they are drunk ,well say no more...When we were teens we used to drive out to the country and smoke bud out in farmers fields. We didn't know it belonged to anyone and the guy came out with a gun and started firing at us LOL.. Needless to say we ran as fast as we could.. The guy really freaked us out then we laughed our asses off. peace out Headband707

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
WalMart usually has pretty good prices on cameras, they even have night vision cameras.

C

Classy@Home

Get a dog - big, fucking dog...

Or better yet - get 2 (or more).

Very few lowlifes will mess w/ dog (less mess w/ multiple dogs)

Also - pellet gun is quiet, but hurts like fuck. Get within 50 feet at nite, and plink their asses.

Then sic the dogs on 'em...

Dogs are very effective alarms - teeth marks are really easy to id, and tough to stitch up...

mad librettist

Veteran
outside security camera

I'm not kidding here - you need a flock of geese. those feathery bastards will beat the shit out of anyone who has no business there. the beaks hurt, and they can hit hard with their wings. they were the preferred guard animals of wealthy ancient Romans.

geese. look into it.

C

Classy@Home

I'm not kidding here - you need a flock of geese. those feathery bastards will beat the shit out of anyone who has no business there. the beaks hurt, and they can hit hard with their wings. they were the preferred guard animals of wealthy ancient Romans.

geese. look into it.
Yes - true dat...:tiphat:

Or a donkey - they will take personal possession of your property, and kick the shit outta anything that trespasses...

]A[Boss

would this be west, TN? pretty bad out there.

maybe they are some workers that are adding more homes in your subdivision and using the land to party on early hours on weekend. or some thieves stealing backhoes and construction equipment (often left on the land when preparing land and homes) Other cars in the area being stolen could be a distraction while this 'wrecker' comes and steals backho's and construction equipment) never know.

if you said your driveway is gated and locked then how was the wrecker sittin in your driveway sat night? oops you forgot to shut it?

stay safe

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dogs are wonderful. If he hear anything he will let me know. I want to know there there before they know I know there there make sence lol.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
It sounds like your out in the country, I'd give them a few warning shots. It sounds like some kids fooling around with that wrecker.

As for the car thieves, get some motion sensing lights for the area and have one shining on your bedroom window so they will wake you up for your middle of the night target practice session.

Bud Hi

[QUOTE=']

if you said your driveway is gated and locked then how was the wrecker sittin in your driveway sat night? oops you forgot to shut it?

stay safe[/QUOTE]

the gate is 15 feet off the road, so that we are off the road
pull in then unlock the gate

police do have 3 people posted on the city wanted list, where they were caught on cam using other peoples atm cards..from the car breakins

we did find out they came in from the back of the property.
if they would had come from the road side they would seen the gate, then try to figure out how to get the cars out of a LOCKED IN property.

we think they may had noticed the gated driveway, and went to the neighbors, cause he
has NO fencing, they did get his, police still haven't found it.

we did replace my girls calcalator ($100) needed for school, got her new key lock
($60) gotta fix it tommorrow.

also had to borrow a truck (8-10 mpg):nono: so we could go do what was needed.

to bad this is the US. some countrys cut the fingers off, at the wrist, for stealing:woohoo:

Bud Hi

It sounds like your out in the country, I'd give them a few warning shots. It sounds like some kids fooling around with that wrecker.

As for the car thieves, get some motion sensing lights for the area and have one shining on your bedroom window so they will wake you up for your middle of the night target practice session.

me >corn-fed 220lbs COUNTRY boy:wave:, have paint ball gun to mark the spot and invite them in for some laser tag.....laws here says as long as they are in the house, they ARE fair GAME (I'm a hunter also)

we are looking into security cam system, for spottin the "game"
Another neighbor has offered us to raise some of his "Emu" we have the barn and space for them,
I have to LOL, thinking what a thief would do with a 6ft. tall bird's beak stuck up their ass, while getting into a car a night......LOL

Bud Hi

If they were on your property AND you had "No Trespassing" signs up I really don't know why you did not take that situation in to your own hands.......

PS: If they were NOT on your property you are wasting your time (and $) to put up cameras.

Thats why I"M so $%^^&** pissed, my friends know the driveway gate is MY front door, DO NOT climb my gate..... even my "No Tresspassin" signs ON the gate have "Pratice shots blown threw them.....( to send the message> beware of trigger happy, camo wearing vet.:dance013:)
These SCUM were maybe 20ft. from my House front door as they cross the yard, to leave for the next yard.
wish my hearing was better, had i, there would had been "Fire-works" >>> they climbed the fence to get into the compound......

i'm stayin on night watch, til they are in jail..... told the cops, i don't mind being their "Cell" mate, for a week, i figure it would take that long to feed them a digit at a time....$%^&*))% scum
educate them "soap on a rope"/ soap in a sock>> to clean up their act....

touringfunkband

If you do go the route of a having security cameras installed, you need to have an outside storage device for the camera feed. A friend just had his home burglarized and trashed and the whole thing would have all been caught on tape but the thieves took the external hard drive to which the cameras were recording too.

Bud Hi

If you do go the route of a having security cameras installed, you need to have an outside storage device for the camera feed. A friend just had his home burglarized and trashed and the whole thing would have all been caught on tape but the thieves took the external hard drive to which the cameras were recording too.

Yes, thanks, i have heard of that happing, at businesses also.
the system i.m looking at can have up to a 700ft lead/ led, night vision 4 weather proof cams..Its gonna happen, like i said, may not stop the crime (if we are away)
its all over, but the crying, when they are exposed at the movies.....:party:
http://www.cctvsecuritypros.com/pse4cacocoso1.html

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
Sorry it had to happen to u and your community. I had a incident many years ago some guys trying to rip me off came to the front door with a shotgun they blow the door knob off, I called the cops, long story short he told me if they set foot in your house shot them dead, if you feel threaten before they come in the house shoot them died outside the house but throw them through the front window the cop said we will back you all the way.

In closing DOGS DOGS and BIG DOGS

Latest posts

Latest posts