What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tube Fluoro Club!

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Nice.

Does anyone use the purple aquarium type tubes? I'm wondering the best way to apply them in a grow.

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

Tubes do okay :) I'm adding an HPS though for more red. I would never ditch my tubes though after seeing all the perks of them. With a good overhead light, I think the results would improve even more.

LoKey

we will see how the tube floro's do gonna be running a micro sog using 12-4ft t8's in my top portion of my cab, guess it's not so micro lol, but micro-ish.

but will be throwing the first set of clones in the top soon, ran into a ph lockout that set me back a bit

M

MDsmoke

I'm thinking about a 2' t8 setup.

probably 8x2700k , and 4x5000ks.

Basically a 200w setup.

1 Liter Fiji Water Bottle SOG.

I think I can easily get 1-2gpw.

Bud Hi

I'm going to start up my tube set-up when my outdoor finishes in oct

T-12 8 footers, have always been bagseed till now. got some ICE, top44, New purple power, shunk red hair and PPP to chose from this go:woohoo:

Attachments

• 8376dec_28_05_008[1].jpg
    8376dec_28_05_008[1].jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 83761-22-08_004[1].jpg
    83761-22-08_004[1].jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 83761-22-08_006[1].jpg
    83761-22-08_006[1].jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 83762-19-08_005[1].jpg
    83762-19-08_005[1].jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 6
Damn, River Rat01 that is crazy lookin. Do you flower in it, or is it for mothers or somethin? Regardless it looks awsome. 48 tubes but how many watts?

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
i love flouros, never grown with hid, theres a link to my grow in sig, its pretty huge

river rat01

thanks dopeboy,

i just finished building it so havent had a chance to use it.

its 1536 watts of t8s. 24 on each side, 4 feet high and 6 feet long. the ballasts are digital.

after much study,
i think the best way to use flouros is in a 2 dimentional application,(hight & length but very little width) that way there is no drop off in intensity as there is when the lights are used overhead.

the idea is to "sandwich" the plants inbetween the banks of light.

007Puff Daddy

Sun-glo and Marine-Glo

Sun-glo and Marine-Glo

Hey Fluro guys I think these are the best tubes out there. You should check out Dr. Foster and Smith on the net. They are fish lights but are the best. and they give the color chart for all they tubs. Just put Sun-glo in Dr. Foster seach it will bring them up. And a mix of the Blue Marine-Glo and Sun-Glo gives you red works well. Hit more info. to get the color chart.