What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

help me diagnosis issue - pic inside

A week ago my plants started getting yellow lower fan leafs and overall lightning of color and nothing had changed in the room. I flushed my res (dtw coco) and hit then with a 5ml gal foliar feed of magic green from H&G and the next day they looked worse but two days later everything bounced back looking super healthy. The whole time the grease monkey were showing these signs. It went away on 3 or the 5 but new growth on two are still showing these signs.

I also have 10mil benificial nematodes arriving by mail today in case it was aphids. What does this look like to you?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180425_102421.jpg
    20180425_102421.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 20
My recent broad mite infestation started out looking like that not trying to jinx or scare you. Do you have a 60x magnifier? If so scope out the growth tips and see if there's anything running around. Could be a nute def or burn issue too though. I'm too sleepy atm but when I got time I'll look through some plant abuse charts and see if I see anything like that.

Looks like Mg deficency.

I totally forgot about this thread sorry steamz I'll try to look some more later today when I get time. Need some better pics of the whole and specifically lower areas of the plants. From the looks of it the lower growth looks fairly dark green better pics would help but if that's the case I wouldn't think it's a mg def. Magnesium is a mobile nutrient so the lower leaves would be affected the most and be covered with rust spots or dead by the time it hit the top in my experience. Could still be a different nutes def or burn but if the new shoots are deformed and show the most damage it's a good idea to scope for critters just to be safe.

I'll try to remember to look around on some plant abuse charts when I get off work later.

Could be zinc or maganese(Mn) defs I've never had them before so I'll have to look up and see some more later to try to give more of a definite answer. Knowing which nutes are mobile and immobile go along way in letting you know that the issue is so we need pics of the whole plant to really help.

I'd have to agree that it's a micro nutrient deficiency. Zinc or possibly Iron. What are you feeding and what strength?

Agreed also curious about whether it's hydro or soil and if so what kind. Need some more info and better pics of the entire plant but the damage appears to be centered on the new growth. Iron tends to start at the base of the leaf and work torwards the tips from what I've seen in plant abuse charts. I've never had it though so can't say for sure it's not that just going on what I've read online here lol.

Edit: just saw where he said he's running drain to waste in coco in the first post my bad

Last edited:
everything is happy now I really appreciate the insight fellas.

6/9 GH with RO
low mid 80's with 1500ppm co2
ph naturally falls to mid 5's (5.5+) and i don't adjust but i do have auto dosing of ph down if it goes over 6.5 but i don't get enough drift to ever kick it on.

the fix occurred after I did two things.

#1 foliar treatment of H&G Magic Green
#2 treatment with BioLogic's Scanmask Beneficial Nematodes, 10 Million Steinernema feltiae (Sf) Nematodes for Natural Insect Pest Control

I did both treatments at once but I assume Magic green was the fix. I'm DTW with a daily runoff a few times in the later waterings per light schedule (6 waterings per day) so buildup seems less likely. I am using those big 6 gal containers from GH. I wonder if the micro wasn't shaken up well enough the last time I poured off a quart so I had an easier to handle container.

Now that I think about it I think i experienced something similar once in early flower when running 6/9 in coco dtw. One foliar with some FloraNova bloom cleared it up. Perhaps a certain micro nutrient is required more during that stage and there's not quite enough in the GH micro or bloom. Other than that I had great results with 6/9 and coco.