What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Easiest way to make hash! Quick Wash ISO!

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have asked in a few pharmacies and phoned the local medical supplies place but to no avail... i guess its so drunks dont get hold of it. They all just have this stuff in the green bottle

Siddartha

I just made some qwiso out of some old reggie from around here. Turned out quite nice, thanks for the tech, I'm never smoking reg again, and I can't wait to try this with t3h d4nkz0rz!

mexicanmafia

Dank Galore!
Siddartha said:
damn, son, powerful!

yup brother:yes:

i'm smoking some too right now.........

Farmer John- verry dank looking stuff you got there! :yummy:

silversurfer OG- sorry about that bro....... theres gotta be something..... i'll try to look for other resourses..........

peace!

:smoweed:

mm

mexicanmafia

Dank Galore!
oh yea Siddartha! i've mad some w/ sticks and stems left over from smoking nugs!

made some yesterday........... and some today w/ some fighting budda buds..........

too bad the plant(s) got attacked by spider mites....... now gotta make 2 plants into hash..........

peace!

mm

Siddartha

Oh drat, a ton of good hash, how terrible!

I'm still using the reg. I tried an oz last night and it only yielded like 1.75g or so. Is this normal? From what I understand you're only supposed to let the iso touch the ganj for like less than two minutes, but I didn't know that was including filter time and I used a slow filter, so it may have been exposed to the iso longer than it should have been. Also I used 91%. As for potency, the second batch was stronger. Easier to scrape and more uniform in consistency too. It wasn't as runny or as black. Should I chop the reg with scissors first? This is my first experience with iso, I've only tried hash once before this, so this is nuts!

mexicanmafia

Dank Galore!
Siddartha said:
Oh drat, a ton of good hash, how terrible!

I'm still using the reg. I tried an oz last night and it only yielded like 1.75g or so. Is this normal? From what I understand you're only supposed to let the iso touch the ganj for like less than two minutes, but I didn't know that was including filter time and I used a slow filter, so it may have been exposed to the iso longer than it should have been. Also I used 91%. As for potency, the second batch was stronger. Easier to scrape and more uniform in consistency too. It wasn't as runny or as black. Should I chop the reg with scissors first? This is my first experience with iso, I've only tried hash once before this, so this is nuts!

nice brother:yes:

about yield......... guess it varries depending on strain and trich coverage.... grind/cut the bud will make a big difference!

don't know about yield? as i never wheigh my stuff anymore..... :bashhead:

good luck bro!

peace!

mm

loflogro

Vodka has a low alcohol content compared to the ISO... might take a long time to evaporate. Also, vodka can have a lot of impurities (varies with quality of vodka of course) I'm not sure, but that might have a negative effect on the finished product.

I have a few ounces of some Vietnamese Sativa kicking around and thought this would be a good experiment with some of the shake.

I used 400 ml of 99.3 % methyl hydrate with about a 1/4 oz of shake sifted through a strainer. I shook it in a jar for 30 seconds and strained it through a coffee filter. I don't have a hot plate and cooking it over my gas stove seemed like a bad idea. I ended up using a blow dryer over a pyrex baking dish for 40 minutes until all the alcohol had evaporated. I had pretty low expectations and the residue left behind didn't seem like much but once I started scraping I was pleasantly surprised. I think I'll get about a gram or so maybe even a gram half. The whole process took 45 minutes so I'm happy.

Now to sample. :)

Last edited:

Siddartha

If you're gonna try drinking alky, make sure theres no sugars in it, make sure it's filtered, make sure it's high alc by volume. Try Everclear, I heard it worked on a Dutch forum, but make sure you're in a location with the pure stuff, where I'm at we get lower proof shite.

Mex, I always thought you weren't supposed to grind much to prevent lots of plant matter from getting into the product, lol, that's why I'm here, though, right? I think a combination of too high a temp for evaporation, not grinding enough, and low trich content gave me the low yield. Do you think I'm wasting my time with schwagg, people seem to like the finished product except that it's too sticky/runny? I can't afford anything else right now (not in quantity) and won't have a garden for a while, and even then, that shit don't sprout over night!

Gah, tons of questions.

G

Yeah I just got an Oz of schwag to do just this. I dont have a electric burner, guess gas isnt smart? I have a candle burner if I can fill a jar with water and just set a saucer on top of it, will this work?

Open flame + fumes = :bashhead:

I used a hair dryer, it worked great. It did take 40 minutes of continuous wafting to evaporate 250 ml of iso but was well worth the trouble.

flexo

this thread rocks.

I made some for the first time a little while ago.
this stuff is good, sticky as hell.

I couldn't completley scrape everything off the curved outer edge of my plate, how do you guys get around that?

out of 4.20 grams I ended up with 0.16 grams..... I'm very happy with the turn out my first time.

thanks MexicanMafia & Shmike for the threads

flexo said:
I couldn't completley scrape everything off the curved outer edge of my plate, how do you guys get around that?

I used a square pyrex baking dish and the only part I had difficulty scraping were the corners. A spoon took care of that.

flexo

DumpsterDiver said:
I used a square pyrex baking dish and the only part I had difficulty scraping were the corners. A spoon took care of that.

I have to try the spoon method.
I might try using a heat gun or a blow dryer & try to melt the edges into a pool..... if all else fails I'll use the same plate over again and try to swirl everything to the center to catch it or use a square dise as you noted DumpstDiver.

forgot to mention that the 4.20 grams were stems and shake thats why the yield was low, next time more bud shall be added. I'm contemplating wether I should break the bud by hand or grind it next time, hearing mixed results on that method.

the hash is very tasty though, bubbles when fired up & finishes like the usual tasting hash taste after you burn it in a bowl. I like it, will have to do this again, and agian, and again..... you guys get it!!!!

Last edited:
G

Oh yeah, thanks for the tips. First round was a little razorblade edge right after removing the dish from over my crockpot (no blow dryer) nice and gooey. Threw it on top of half smoked bowl. Next round, shit was hardening up, and a breeze to pull. Its really black, but hits like a champ, works like a charm, and gives huge rips.

I had so much fun the first go round I had to do it again.

Smoke report: Instantaneous. Racy but not overwhelming while being clear headed and motivative.

Total elapsed time one hour.

DumpsterDiver said:

ps I got smart this time and used a little iso in the corners and then herded it into the center of the pyrex. Didn't miss a trichome. :joint:

pps Mosquito netting worked great for recovering about 99% of the quick wash.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts