What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

some WW DP need your help )

pureice739

Hey guys, some friend of mine has a problem with a few of his plants. They are all white widow from dutch passion, in veg about 3.5 weeks in vegging under 600 watt vero 29's. He has 20 plants in total they ALL look great besides three of them, what can it be? Here in the pix you can tell which once need some special attention, and which look good and healthy, any ideas? thanks guys

Attachments

• IMG_20180904_180640(1).jpg
    IMG_20180904_180640(1).jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20180904_180715.jpg
    IMG_20180904_180715.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20180904_180724.jpg
    IMG_20180904_180724.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 20

pureice739

BTW here are some details, they are on COCO.PERLITE 50/50. Running BioBizz coco nutes on tap water , ph 5.5-5.8 hand watering daily.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I think that's either heat/light stress or a problem in the roots. Is there a hot spot from his lights or anything? The way the other plants aren't affected makes me think it's in the roots though.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hey guys, some friend of mine has a problem with a few of his plants. They are all white widow from dutch passion, in veg about 3.5 weeks in vegging under 600 watt vero 29's. He has 20 plants in total they ALL look great besides three of them, what can it be? Here in the pix you can tell which once need some special attention, and which look good and healthy, any ideas? thanks guys

BTW here are some details, they are on COCO.PERLITE 50/50. Running BioBizz coco nutes on tap water , ph 5.5-5.8 hand watering daily.
It looks like the plant in question may be either too close to the lights, or 'praying for magnesium'.

UPDATE - All these plants are on the edge of magnesium deficiency. Even the ones who look 'great' have very dark green leaves, the veins of the leaves are almost indistinct, and the internodes are extremely short. Cannabis uses quite a bit of magnesium, on a near constant basis. Magnesium is basically connected to the foliage, and to phototropism. If plants are green and have a lot of leaves, they use more magnesium. Don't give too much because it can burn roots like nitrogen. My guess is also that your water might be soft, which is not necessarily a bad thing, however soft water needs extra calcium and magnesium. Also remember to add a little silica. It isn't in soilless mixes or hydro - outdoors it would come from sand. Resin is made from silica.

Just a general observation.

Why so much perlite? Coco coir is already very aerated and fluffy. It already has a pH of 6.0, and if you adjust your nutrients to 6.0 throughout the grow, the pH is very stable. Perlite has a higher pH of 7.0. It's not needed, and complicates things.

Then, if you give a seed, or a newly transplanted plant bloom food with more potassium, you're growing a plant with a very strong root system (P) and a strong stem (K).

And that means much faster growth, much more resilience, and much less pest pressure, much fewer and more easily treated incidents of nutrient deficiencies, because the bigger root system takes up more of the nutrients. Also excess nutrients don't sit in the soil and drag the pH down.

Build a root system and stem/branches first, and the foliage takes care of itself.

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi pureice,

Odd that just three look so different. By swapping them around in your grow space, you would know if it was environmental but I suspect your issues are in the roots. I'd give them a dose of Cal/Mag, more for the Mag and I'd consider using Silicone if your PH can stand it. PH too should be monitored to see if there is any discrepancy between those three and the others.

Hope you resolve this soon,
Regards,
Iffy :tiphat:

pureice739

hey guys a acouple days after I posted about these sick looking plants, they were placed in another tent under 12/12 schedule and started giving them epsom salt into the res tank (hand water daily), plus some mammoth p and all of them are under 3 HLG's 550 and one 715 watt Johnson CX-16 with 16 CREE CXA2540. My friend went from using all DE HPS to all LED grow tent. The temp control is much better and they eat so much less energy. But one thing i can say is the end result is alittle bit of lower yield its a fact. or maybe he is still perfecting the skills growing under led,. anyways enough of this jibber jabber here is a pic of those sick plants about a week later. They look MUCH better, thank you guys for the advice I thing the EPSOM salt helped them!! THANKS ABUNCH !!

Attachments

• IMG_20180914_141132.jpg
    IMG_20180914_141132.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Latest posts