Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > GROW CONTEST WINNER: Noreason gardens

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
GROW CONTEST WINNER: Noreason gardens Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2018, 01:14 AM #1021
noreason
Natural born Grower

noreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant future
noreason has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
I was talking about organic and supersoil with a bunch of people in the last period and I got good advices from you all guys, so thanks to all and thanks to you explosiv for the many input you gave me pointing on the right way.

So I ended with an hybrid recipe basing the main nutrients supply to worm casting and a guano source, but not from birds or bats, it's from some sort of worms fed with cereals. Along many other organic and mineral products to create a (supposed) rich soil without the need to fertilize it again.

Let it to decompose a couple of months at room temp keeping it moist and then I used it to fill 70% of plant's pot.

I used 7liters pot for a total of 11 pots for a single 660W HPS (400V).
Now they are few days from the switch to bloom and I can only say they're fine. I can see a really healthy green and some sort of light reflection from the leaves, and I guess it's due to the bigger content of waxes covering the leaf. It means almost nothing at now and I don't know exactly what to expect, it's just a first experiment where most probably something will go wrong and need to be correct for the next time, but maybe there is a little chance everything will go as it should go and I can try the same clones grown hydro and supersoil and try to understand the differences.

Some pictures and at the next update!

...and an old mom waiting to be thrown away

GOD IS THE SUPREME FLOWERING OF INDIVIDUAL AWARENESS.OSHO
Sharing is caring

All posts made by this screen name are absolutely true. All pictures are mine and I don't give a f u c k what your law says.......
noreason is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:55 PM #1022
noreason
Natural born Grower

noreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant future
Transplanting rooted cuttings, in this case couple of GreenPoison and couple of Sherbet x PlatinumCookies.

Vegging mix

Some mother plants

Sharing is caring

All posts made by this screen name are absolutely true. All pictures are mine and I don't give a f u c k what your law says.......

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:01 PM #1023
noreason
Natural born Grower

Karma's HeadStash at 46 days 12/12. It's not one of my favorite mainly because hermie issue and not so intense taste but it has a great amount of thick glands.

Sharing is caring

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:05 PM #1024
noreason
Natural born Grower

GG#4 at 46 days too. Like the smell and flower shape but overall also gg4 is not one of my favorites. On the hermie side I only saw rare male flowers on the upper part of the buds in the last phase (50+ days).

Sharing is caring

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:10 PM #1025
noreason
Natural born Grower

This is one of my favorite because its unique smell, mostly flowery, but it's a difficult plant to grow. It's a NewZealand Haze and it goes for 11 weeks (here at 46 days). No intersexual traits at all until now.

From the left: NZH - GG#4 - HS

Sharing is caring

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:36 AM #1026
PaulieWaulie

PaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of light
Nice update, always a nice treat when you post, especially when you do you realize how long its been since the last one, which I missed as well so almost the whole summer for me!
Nice to see you giving a shot to organic soil, how did those turn out? You did the GG4 justice! What is it you don't like about her?
PaulieWaulie is offline Quote

Old 09-26-2018, 01:12 PM #1027
noreason
Natural born Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieWaulie View Post
Nice update, always a nice treat when you post, especially when you do you realize how long its been since the last one, which I missed as well so almost the whole summer for me!
Nice to see you giving a shot to organic soil, how did those turn out? You did the GG4 justice! What is it you don't like about her?

Yo Pauli always thanks for the kind words
Supersoil is going good, however I found some issue when watering (need to do it very slowly or from the bottom) to avoid water go directly down and exit from the bottom. Next time I'll add more coco to the mix.
On the other side, most of plants are showing a lack of N, yellowing leaves too early in the flowering, so I added some bio flores from canna and next time I'll increase the N value in the recipe.

For a first run it's not going bad, but I'm far away to get the same yield from hydro, so it's all about quality, and I'll see in some weeks if SS worth all the work. I'll post some pictures soon.

About the GG#4 it has nothing really bad, but the aroma and taste can't win on NZH or exodus or orange diesel or chocotonic at the end, just to say some, other than that it has some intersexual traits and it's not good for breeding. One example of it is a cross between GG#4 and another kush...full of hermie traits as many others nowdays. Just a loss of time if you search a stable hybrid.
BTW I'm not one of those taking care about potency and I know and also smoked the supersoil one at 33% thc, pretty impressive on that side but still not so much aroma as others plants.

Sharing is caring

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:17 PM #1028
noreason
Natural born Grower

Harvesed Karma's HeadStash at 60days 12\12. Yielded good with dense nuggets. Couple of lower buds were pollinated and full of healthy seeds due to its intersexual traits showing in the first phase of flowering, right at the internodes, main reason to not grow it anymore, I don't like to have to worry about male flowers!

Aroma is something kush but not so intense btw, not difficult to trim at all.

Used the Canna line and flushed like 10 days before harvest with only RO. Noticed a decent yellowing, basically the whole canopy was yellow, maybe I could have let'em flush a little more...

NewZealand Haze on the left, GG4 middle, HeadStash right

Sharing is caring

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:37 PM #1029
noreason
Natural born Grower

Took some pictures of GG4 at 60days too...best flowers of the batch probably. Overall is a good keeper to have, I only saw some male flowers at the end of flowering.

NewZealand haze tray is full of giant colas, this cut needs longer to ripe but smell like crazy of bubblegum,strawberry, fruitydunnowhat...I only have one more strain capable of a terp. battle and it's the ExodusCheese, just to give you an idea of how much smell it's carrying with it.
I'll harvest in some days at 10/11 week flowering, already flushing with RO. In the picture still with nutrients at 60days like the others.

Sharing is caring

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:45 PM #1030
noreason
Natural born Grower

GG#4

Sharing is caring

2 members found this post helpful.