What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Viking Strain

Truth

anyone have any specific information about this strain? I can't seem to find any on the internet. I've seen a few strains that are crossed with it, but most seem to be boasted as being early flowering plants, so I'm guessing it may be a ruderalis strain.

Cannafish

hmm it seems to carry autoflowering traits. but i heard of aghan heritage.
maybe afghan with some rudi in it?

i like to know more..

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think it´s one of the parents of Top 44 :smile:

G

Truth : ~~>>
A pure memory thing ... (heavy stoner :D )
Positronics, a seedbank -one of the first & greatest- that doesn't exist anymore had VIKING on their list. Wernard Bruining was the man behind it.

The last VIKING beauties I saw (on the net) were those from Karma Genetics

11133Viking03-med.JPG

11133Vikingsavedpic-med.gif

From the stories I heard back around 1990, it has to be awsome strong -potent- weed

:headbange

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"From the stories I heard back around 1990, it has to be awsome strong -potent- weed "

It was called Viking because it hits you like a viking axe...considered "guy´s weed" :D

G

mmmm......i want some. It would be great to learn the genetics of this one so we could make a new viking. Even better is if someone had clones, but since its an outdoor strain i doubt that.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Anyone grown Tophaze ? It's a Bluehemp cross of Viking x Haze 19...

Irie !

Last edited:
G

If I remember correct Karma Genetics told me he got his seeds from the breeder himself … The first picture above is dated 03, I guess 2003. Meaning there are probably still VIKING seeds out there.
More VIKING information from a Dutch magazine : Page33 : ~>> 2 pictures ~> VIKING
:D I remember those pictures from an old, but excellent growers guide handbook : Wietologisch handboek. It had all basics to know about growing and using your own marijuana.
PEACE & :respect:

:sasmokin:

Truth

Hmm, then it really makes me wonder where all of these supposed 'early' varieties with viking in it are coming from, because Top44 is Viking X Skunk #1 ..neither have a flowering under 8 weeks. Top Haze is Viking X Haze ...and haze 's are mostly sativa's, so they will take longer to flower. I'm guessing it is all a gimmick, because I have heard of no one getting early flower finish times. sure, they harvest at day 45 or so, but it is still immature. The only people I have heard of getting it is straight from the original mother plants from clones. And even that is questionable. without ruderalis in the mix somewhere, there is no way a plant can flower in under 7 weeks without being impotent.

G

Hi Truth,

It makes me wonder too!

The Viking I have is a genuine 7 week finisher, but I cant see how crossing it to a skunk would make it flower in 44 days?.

The Homegrown Fantaseeds would probably be the best bet for the Top 44 as it uses the Viking and the Skunk #1 from Wernard.

Heath

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Hmm, then it really makes me wonder where all of these supposed 'early' varieties with viking in it are coming from, because Top44 is Viking X Skunk #1 ..neither have a flowering under 8 weeks. Top Haze is Viking X Haze ...and haze 's are mostly sativa's, so they will take longer to flower.

I've some of the Tophaze seeds, and I'm definitely not hoping them to finish under 8 weeks, of course not ! Who would believe that ? But definitely, the viking genes must make it faster fowring than plain Haze19.

Irie !

G

3 more nights !

3 more nights !

3 more nights ! And then it's time to go pick up my Viking seeds :woohoo:

G

A Viking# !

A Viking# !

The Viking is crossed with ruderalis ...
I also have Purple Peace seeds, which's another Viking#
Perhaps with some breeder-skillzzz ... One could ...

:sasmokin:

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
i finally got the original viking seeds, they will be at my outdoor menu next season. thanks df for making this happen! hopefully i will end up with something like this from kg. the viking is also in 2 other growers position now, so im shure we will see some nice viking outdoor action next season here in the eu. also it will be the 25 anaversery for the purple peace cross(viking x himalaya)
11133Vikingsavedpic-med.gif

8344IMG_1455.JPG

Last edited:

dread

Veteran

i bought 20 vikings today,the vendor said it was a cross between Hollands hope & Afghan
grtz
Dread

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
it sounds like an awesome strain Esbe that could be good here at your latitude
ill be following the grow with a chair pulled up :)

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
the pure viking strain(if its the real deal, seems to be a lil unclear)finish here around oct 1 and my new crosses will be maby 14 days earlier, i hope and believe

viking081008dk5.jpg

viking081008jpg1ho3.jpg

viking081008jpg3kt0.jpg

viking081008jpg4vu0.jpg

viking081008jpg2vj7.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts