What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for advice.

Obiwon

I know the title screamed noob and I wonder what this dude wants and hopefully it peaks your curiosity and hopefully you can drop some info on me.

I’m looking at relocating to the southern Oregon coast this coming spring and an am wanting to run a light dep greenhouse. I’ve been looking at one of the full bloom 20x95 houses and am wondering what size pots I should use as well as how many pots will fit in the house comfortably. Also what can a guy expect per plant on a light dep greenhouse? I’ve always had to grow guerrilla style outdoor here so it has always been full season plants that I’ve done pretty good with but moving to a place where I can actually garden without fear I’m wondering what to expect.

Treevly

Just looking at the title I was going to say "Buy a couple rifles and get a little place up in the mountains" but that seems inappropriate now.

CrushnYuba

All depends on your style of growing and how long you want to veg for. I would run around 220 20 gallon pots in 3 rows of 2. Just try it and if u want a shorter veg and smaller plant add more. If u want a bigger plant, take some out.

But with 20ft wide houses, i always do 3 rows so there is 2 walkways.

You should expect to pull about 100lb a run.

Obiwon

All depends on your style of growing and how long you want to veg for. I would run around 220 20 gallon pots in 3 rows of 2. Just try it and if u want a shorter veg and smaller plant add more. If u want a bigger plant, take some out.

Thank you.

gsxr97

Veteran
Yuba, What Do you think for plant size goals /veg time in the 20 gallon pots To achieve the 100lbs ?

Thanks

CrushnYuba

Really all depends on time of year.. How hot you are running the greenhouse, how much sun there is.
I would veg them in a separate greenhouse in like a 3 gal. Transplant them into the 20s for like 2 weeks and flip them.

gsxr97

Veteran
Switching coasts?

Switching coasts?

So sorry to be off topic , but you planning on moving to the East Yuba?

I’d like to know how you like it , when my kids are grown or maybe sooner I think up state New York looks sweet.

Starcrash has got me hooked.

Hope all is well with Yuba, Star, and everyone else

St. Phatty

I know the title screamed noob and I wonder what this dude wants and hopefully it peaks your curiosity and hopefully you can drop some info on me.

I’m looking at relocating to the southern Oregon coast this coming spring and an am wanting to run a light dep greenhouse.

Being near the coast is great for People ... all that natural air conditioning, avoid summer heat, etc.

But the Powder Mildew !

If I can make it work in an apartment on the coast, you can make it work in a greenhouse.

I would keep an eye out for Dehumidifiers on Craigslist.

Maybe you can find a good one for $50, that happened to me once.