What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi Star S1 (Indica pheno) Smoke Reort

Ganja 13

Smoke report for an Indica pheno from Sensi Star S1's I made in early 2018 from Paradise Seeds Sensi Star. This was the best pheno of 8 S1's I grew out to maturity and these were selected from 20 seeds that were started.

Grow Info

Veg to 30cm (3.5 Weeks)

Flowering: 84/85 days (The sample in picture I'm not sure if it's 84 or 85 days as I mixed them in cure)

Grow medium: Mix of Coco, Perlite, Vermiculite and fine ground peat moss

Nutrients : Nutrifield Elements Bloom from seed start to 62 days flowering
Superthrive for germination and every fortnight at 1-2 drops per 2 litres(only in veg)
Max EC : 1.25
PH : 5.85
Flush : 63-85 days PH Adjusted water

Dry 1.5 weeks

Cure 2.5 weeks

Sample size pictured : .65 gram

Smoke Method : 2 x .325 gram joints

Appearance :

picture.php

picture.php

Feel: These buds have a velvet like feel with a slight greasiness.
Buds have a sponge like feel upon being squeezed.

Smell: It doesn't smell that strong at all after the cure, about a 3 out of 10 on the loudness scale. The first smell that I get after a good squeeze is musty old socks, it's like going into an antique shop and opening a dresser draw and finding a bud in the drawer that's been sitting with some old musty clothes for a year.

Upon further investigation (once you move past the musty socks) you get notes of moss, pine, peppermint, Black pepper and hashish(Afghani).

Taste: Whereas the bud had a subtle smell this does not transfer to the intensity of the flavor. Flavor is very full and complex.

I first get lemon meringue and peppermint fill the senses and upon exhale I pick up notes of Fennel, ginger, black pepper, hashish, moss and honey.

Effect: Sitting smoking this I felt a strong numbing/analgesic sensation of the head after about a minute half way through the first joint. Felt particularly at the top of the ears and it feels like the third eye chakra has opened fully and is vortexing. Almost like the rings of Saturn are around your head.

The heart chakra is not far behind and feels like it's opened fully. Wow. Now I'm hit buy a mild almost psychedelic head high as all thoughts just leave your mind. Good, monkey mind going for a vacation : Bye. A minute later a wave of physical relaxation washes over the body from head to the toes.

Just sitting in total body relaxation like you've been hit with a tranquilizer dart and with the mental capacity of a person whose just gained conciousness after a labotomy operation.

Sitting in bliss, tranquilized.

10 mins later lit up second joint.

Duration of high/Stone : 10 min high plus 2 + hours heavy body stone.

Last edited:

J.Malverde

My first and 3rd grow was the Sensi Star (around 2004) and all of them (as far as i remember) got a cracy very strong Aroma of Metall, Lemon, Leather and Weed. It was awesome. A few years later i run a pack of females and a comercial Cut but i didnt find that Special smell. Did you find anything near to that?

M

Mr D

Grew it out in 1999 and it was by far the loudest strain I ever grew. Mine had a very dank butterscotch/coffee smell that was intoxicating.

Ganja 13

My first and 3rd grow was the Sensi Star (around 2004) and all of them (as far as i remember) got a cracy very strong Aroma of Metall, Lemon, Leather and Weed. It was awesome. A few years later i run a pack of females and a comercial Cut but i didnt find that Special smell. Did you find anything near to that?

Yes I found 3 very lemony phenos in the Sensi Star line with that leather type smell. I think it's a combination of the camphor/fuel producing the leather like smell. 1 was the mother of these S1 seeds (a 20+ week Kerala pheno) ,and the other two were S1 hybrid like phenos

The mother pheno harvested at 143 days of flowering, She was the lemon queen of them all

picture.php

picture.php

Sadly deceased, she was like an 8 shot espresso in the morning and a great all day smoke.

Ganja 13

Grew it out in 1999 and it was by far the loudest strain I ever grew. Mine had a very dank butterscotch/coffee smell that was intoxicating.

I'm hearing you on the loudness factor !!!!!

The mother and this Indica pheno were easily the 2 smelliest plants I've ever grown. Like smelling the plant from a mile away type loud !

Ganja 13

I'll try to continue in the same vein. It has taken over 20 years to find a plant that exceeds the pheno I was lucky enough to find in a pack of Aloha White Widow's. I'll be doing everything I can to keep this plant going.

After a successful reveg of mother Indica SpongeBob I am over the moon to have the first two SpongeBob babies going strong. Almost flawless in every regard except for the smell of the flowers.

picture.php

need4weed

Veteran
The last time I ran sensi star was around 2005. Before they switched to fems. Those plants were eye watering with the vapors that came off of them. Couldn't contain the smell with 2 carbon filters. You could smell that grow from 200 yards away. I'm surprised your saying they are low odour

Erliqin

the lemon pheno is an epic plant in mother earth. Sativish pheno, tall, lemon indica hybrid nugs rocks, with that mighty high that will numb your body and a cerebral high in the head. Pain reliefer in such a great way, and close second to me are Space cookies from Paradise, very similar pheno to the Sensi Star indica pheno.

18B

I have some sensi star seeds I made a long time ago...I had a very nice bubblegummy sativa type plant that I used cs spray on an SourDiesel clone and put the pollen on the sensi star. I used that SD fem pollen on a lot of things around 2005...2007?
kali mist
Vortex Sensi star
c99
BOGS Bubblegum
BOGS Blue Moon Rocks
Bubba
That's all I can think of now...but there were more. I had 6 5'x8' 2"x3" and drywall rooms with 2- 600 raptor hoods in each. I had a lot going on back then...but I got raided and in VA. That is no joke...but I got everything out before they came so all they found were the rooms empty...I said they were photo development rooms...lol
Didn't get in much trouble but I will never ever grow in my house again after that.

Latest posts

Latest posts