What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD Oil for Sleeping Problems?

TomSharp80

Has anybody tried using CBD oil for sleeping problems before? I have been struggling to sleep recently but I can't use anything with THC in at the moment as I've got anxiety. I have seen that CBD is good at relieving anxiety and does not have any side effects but does it help with sleep too? Also, what are peoples preferred method of taking it?

Mr. J

Try CBN. I make a mixture of THC, CBN, and CBD and dissolve it in some grapeseed oil.

THC decomposes to CBN over time or with heat. I start with some shatter and decarb it normally. Then I decarb some more shatter but I cook it for longer so that some of the THC turns to CBN.

Then I dissolve it all in some grapeseed oil along with some CBD isolate that I picked up for a decent price. It's a pretty powerful mix and it's good before bed medicine.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
In California there are many providers of CBD oils, tinctures and capsules. Choose your pick, they all seem to work. I particularly like the CBD chocolate bars, which were quite helpful on a recent adventure where I drove 1600 transcontinental miles in three days. With no pain, calmly, not stoned.

Rico Swazi

CBD is one part of the equation

your diet and daily exercise can affect sleep in a positive or negative way depending on whether you do them right or not.
I would take a good look at your diet and see if there is something that is affecting your sleep as of late.

good luck and sweet dreams:tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
TomSharp80, what is __Your__ personal experience with cannabis and CBD. Coming from the perspective of a first poster on ICMag? :)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Like you need a reason to nap. :biggrin:
You're right. lol

From an anthropomorphic perspective, the old can't hunt with the young bucks anymore, so will naturally wake up all night. Helps to keep the tribe safe with at least a couple old guys on guard duty. But a good Indica fixes that :)

TomSharp80

Try CBN. I make a mixture of THC, CBN, and CBD and dissolve it in some grapeseed oil.

THC decomposes to CBN over time or with heat. I start with some shatter and decarb it normally. Then I decarb some more shatter but I cook it for longer so that some of the THC turns to CBN.

Then I dissolve it all in some grapeseed oil along with some CBD isolate that I picked up for a decent price. It's a pretty powerful mix and it's good before bed medicine.

That is a very specific recipe haha! Thanks for the suggestion :)

TomSharp80

TomSharp80, what is __Your__ personal experience with cannabis and CBD. Coming from the perspective of a first poster on ICMag? :)

I used to use it recreationally a lot throughout university but I havent used any since graduating. I've never used CBD before but from what I'm hearing it could be worthwhile trying.

Douglas.Curtis

CBD works 'best' when used daily, for at least 2-3 weeks. Anything less and you're not getting the full benefits.

The body is a very complex machine, and it takes a while for all the systems to balance out. I prefer a canna-pill, morning, noon, and night. I'd start with a small amount and work your way up, month by month. When I stop seeing additional benefits, I go back to the previous strength. :)

It worked for me. Had a bit of an issue with insomnia a year ago and cbd oil helped (althoughI'm not sure by how much). I also changed my workout time at around 6pm so I'm exhausted when bedtime comes.

Rodehazrd

I just started cbd for sleep. I take half a dropper morn and night. 5 days in and no help yet. I sleep 5 hours and then wander around the rest of the night. I guess I keep the tribe safe. I don't have a good indica in my stable just now. Any suggestions for a knockout one. :tiphat:

Pinkfan

I have had insomnia for years. I bought 2 bottles
Of cbd and cbd paste & it didnt do anything for me. Other than empty my wallet

Attachments

• 20190925_142841.jpg
    20190925_142841.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 58

Douglas.Curtis

Any suggestions for a knockout one. :tiphat:
You already have knockout cannabis genetics, no wld types needed. You simply have to let it go full amber before harvest. 10 minutes and you'll be lights out. Alternatively, you could put some of your cured cannabis under a reptile IR lamp for 3 days. That'll amber it all up and make it pretty sleepy. ;)