What's new

The Swedish Chef in Shark infested waters (Great White Shark - Double DR-60's)

Howdy all, time for an update.

Life is hectic as ever, probably more so.

Current run is doing fantastic. Looks like my healthiest run yet. I think with LC's and dry fert recipe, multiple transplants are required for healthy growth with significant veg.

My simple EWC+Molasses+LK tea seems to be doing wonders as well.

Looking forward to having some trimming help come x-mas.

On with the picture show.

Current Whitey Run

These were vegged for ~ 6 weeks, with heavy defoliation throughout, up until a week before flip.

Here they are at 19 days after flip, fully stretched, ready for first post-flip defol.

picture.php

picture.php

Post-op

picture.php

picture.php

Same plants, five days later

5 days later

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Also running a couple of Space Queen tester clones off to the side, under a 125w CFL.

Here's one @ day 15

picture.php

Same girl @ day 20

picture.php

Not the most efficient lighting, but I had it on hand, and I can run a couple more small plants.

picture.php

Couple of supercrop shots.

Space Queen 2 @ day 13

picture.php

Whitey knot

picture.php

Another

picture.php

Space Queen flower @ 20 days

picture.php

Can't wait to see how she smokes. I'm getting VERY tired of GWS.

Got a small run of Whitey clones running to start a new mom, and will be taking cuts of SQ in a few weeks. I think for the first run I am going to cram as many clones as I can with only ~1 week veg time in the, I think maybe 9, but we'll see.

That's it for now, peace.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
ABSOLUTELY amazing thread bro bbb , you do very well i like everythings some special plants infested from trik's after get nice training so what more only why i miss this thread before .."wtf"... you use also nice fertilizer in great dosage this is true ,the plants show nice structure and aboundant cristall covered as well
you make also super efficient the dr60 like a double room eh eh, i have home box xs with same size 0.60x 0.60 but mine still 120cm high, my last grow in this tent i get my best one about quality and yield maybe beause i get 130gr. dry of special white rhino and red cherry berry, i tell you this because we can get a super decent yield and quality also in this small tent!!
sure from now i follow you bro if you like and keep this job up !!!

Hey killer, thanks for stopping by.

I agree, the tents are great, aren't they? Glad to have you along, and thanks for the compliments!

UPDATE TIME

Veg room, small group of Whitey clones up top, first decent one to root becomes the new mom. Bottom left = Space Queen (Wish I had an outdoor spot to put her :( ) Bottom right = Whitey (she's gone as soon as I have a confirmed replacement).

This batch of clones were snip and plant only, no rooting hormone. Will know in a few days if it's on track with the hormone run.

picture.php

Flower side - Big canopy = Whitey @ 33 days (half way)

picture.php

picture.php

Some Whitey bud shots

picture.php

picture.php

The rest are of one of my Space Queen tester clones, day 29, I can tell you now she's a definite keeper, and I can't WAIT to see a full canopy of her. Frosty as FUCK, stretchy sativa tips smothered in trichs, stinks deliciously....can't wait to try!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That's it for now. Going to be taking SQ clones in the next few days, though I might wait up to a week. Trying to do a little mini SOG of her the first run, so I don't want more than a week veg time or so, and the timing is tricky because I'm not confident on how long she will take to root yet.

Busy as fuck, but on the good news front, it's looking like I got another bay area trip coming up in the near future, wooho!

Whatsup peeps?!?

Thanks for stopping by killer and random.

Sorry it's been so long since an update, and since, I've managed to lose the harvest pics, bah! SO it'll be a little while before you get to see the Queen in late flower (she's puuuurdy) Ah well.

Also put in a TON of work in the meanwhile. Had visitors over the holidays to help out, so harvest was a snap, and we also replumbed the blumats a bit (now have a loop feed with a flush) and made more secure ceiling mounts for the light, and rewired a bit.

And it's a good thing too, because I then said fark it and picked up a 600w Lumatek w/ Cool Sun reflector (I know they're not the best, but the design and size were perfect for my needs).

Holy shit it's bright!

And with that, this will be the last run in the Shark journal, as my setup has changed significantly enough that I need a thread upgrade :)

Current shots (I think I'm just shy of day 30). I upgraded midcycle, so I'm hoping that the upgrade will yield at least a few more zips this first cycle.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And no, I'm not proud of the canopy. I was gone for 5 days during stretch, and it was my first full run with this strain, so it is what it is.
Here is my reflector setup. Yes, I'm taking the exhaust from the veg tent and running it through the hood, and into the closet. Yes, this is less than ideal, but the A/C is keeping up (note the thermometer) so for now this is fine. Proper aircooling is being pondered, but is not likely to be physically possible.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That's it for now, harvest will be the last weekend of the month (day 54).

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
oh shit!!! expect amazing things from these girl!! rep+++ for the nice work dude!!!
your plants have full resin coated and so good color..can't wait untill see some harvest shot!!! i'm very interess to try grow space queen..how is the smell brotha???

Howdy folks, mega-upgrades are fairly complete, new run in progress. Thought about starting a new thread, but decided to just update in here for now.

Essentials:

Long shallow closet, sliding wood doors
Secret Jardin DR-60
2 x SunBlaze 24 4 bulb 2 foot T5HO fixtures
S&P TD100 Fan
2x2 Botanicare Tray
600w Lumatek / Cool Sun reflector (I think that's what it's called)
250w Galaxy / Econowing reflector
Homemade pond liner runoff tray
6in Vortex fan
6x20" Phresh filter
6500btu windowbanger A/C
4in Vortex (A/C exhaust)
Blumat auto-watering system
LC's mix organic soil (Promix Base) with dry-ferts
Space Queen (from seed)

Nitty Gritty:

GWS got boring, so I popped the few Space Queen seeds I had.

Only one made it past seedling stage, fortunately, she's dank. Here she is at 51 days.

picture.php

And here's a dried flower pic, harvested at day 53 (defiantely early, this pheno should go to 60ish)

picture.php

The journey from where I started to where I am has been long and crazy. I never intended to have a "big" grow, but..you know how these things go. Ever since I turned on my 250 I've wanted a bigger light. So I finally took the plunge and picked up a 600 :)

I think for a closet hack, I've got a pretty pimpin' setup (mind you, due to the circuitous route to get here, this project has cost WAY too much money).

For my overhaul, I ditched the 2x2 botanicare tray, and built a custom pond-liner runoff tray. Very simple, gets the job done, and utilizes space more efficiently.

Here's some shots of my Blumat auto-watering setup. For more info on these, see the Blumat thread (link is in my sig). If you are currently handwatering, all I can say is "why?!?!"

Here's the flowering side, prior to any ladies arriving.

Rest of the room, re-circulating carbon filter, electrical setup, dehuey on top of veg tent.

And finally, some plants!

Here's a pretty packed veg tent.

picture.php

Shortly after this, the girls in the bags got moved to the flower side, and the girls in smaller containers got re-potted, and the clones were transplanted.

More to come soon (this is all about 2 weeks old or so).

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
damn man...your buds lookin crazy chunky sweet grass!!! also you do nice work in your space ..so i'm in man can't wait till see more buds in your tent, rep+++ for the very nice job!!!

Thanks for being aboard guys, hope you enjoy the ride!

Updated pictures, here's what the flower side looks like now. Whitey mom and a whole mess of Space Queen. The Whitey is the big girl in the back, tucked next to the carbon filter.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Just finished pruning the lower growth on this side.

picture.php

picture.php

Space Queen ~ 18 days

picture.php

Whitey @ 20 days

picture.php

The rest are SQ @ 14 days

Oh, and did I mention that I decided to go balls to the wall, and flower in the tent under the 250 too? :dance013:

picture.php

picture.php

Flowered after less than a week of veg, untopped (except for the back right), they'll be lollipopped and will probably end up as head stash (big fat juicy nuggy headstash). They're at day 11.

Plan to let everything go 58-60 days, so harvest is staggered over the first two weeks of May.

Keeping one tiny clone as a mom, but now I have nowhere to put her. Got to try to keep her tiny until I can pull some clones from her, and I'm just putting her under a light wherever I can throughout the day for the time being.

Peace!