What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bitcoin Talk

Kankakee

Yes its all over the news please research mt. gox trustee dumping btc before tossing out the b.s. yourself

Ive been bearish for months in this thread im not the one flip-floping.... (since btc was at $14,000+)

if you hold on now your gonna get crushed. ill tag you in a few weeks / months then we can talk....

EasyGoing

Yes its all over the news please research mt. gox trustee dumping btc before tossing out the b.s. yourself

Ive been bearish for months in this thread im not the one flip-floping.... (since btc was at $14,000+)

if you hold on now your gonna get crushed. ill tag you in a few weeks / months then we can talk....

What crawled up your ass and died? I can google just fine thanks, however every source I found seemed fake. Looking for a legit source, not talking any BS........ Relax

geneva_sativa

You guys in here spreading FUD again? LOL.

Geneva Sativa, you have a source on that claim about 40k btc?

Hey Easy,

there was a video i watched yesterday that showed the article from reddit and username riverflop.

personally not worried. . . the chart they posted showed dips coincided with the selloffs.

R

Rubber Chicken

My opinion,

No one REALLY knew it would go up like that last year.... I had a feeling it might go up crazy about 4 years ago but there was still enough doubt in my mind that it was pie in the sky dreaming and i never ended up investing.

and

No one REALLY knows how this will play out from here... there are opinions all along the spectrum from 'it's all a scam' and 'it will all go to zero' to the other end '1 bitcoin will set you for life', 'it will be a 100+ trillion market one day'

Whatever happens, i will roll the dice this time :)

EasyGoing

Hey Easy,

there was a video i watched yesterday that showed the article from reddit and username riverflop.

personally not worried. . . the chart they posted showed dips coincided with the selloffs.

Thank you. I am now seeing this as well. This is concerning, but not surprising. Many companies hold BTC or ETH as a start up. If they fail, they will liquidate those funds. Not seeing what all the fuss is about though.........

Was off at Disneyland for the last week. Took some time off, catching up.

Kankakee

they still have another $1.9 billion in coins they are gonna unload. mt. gox.

it's only recently been used for speculation / greed.

when it was used for 1-1 transfer for 80% of its life, it sat under $20.00 / BTC

geneva_sativa

^ not sure if that is exactly accurate re mt gox

the remaining BTC are supposedly going to be distributed to shareholders or to civil rehab . . . is what I've seen stated

Kankakee

if mt. gox bagholders were gonna get $$$ they already been waiting a very long time....' started selling in dec, they have not seen a dime.

BTC getting hammered in real-time now ....., dip buyers crushed. other coins down big....

Kankakee

and gox has only sold $400million so far .... and still sitting on 1.9 billion so that tells you how hard this selling pressure could get. im sure in a few days you will find out they unloaded more today.

Kankakee

Breaking: BEIJING (Reuters) - China does not recognise Bitcoin and other digital currencies as legitimate forms of payment, the central bank governor, Zhou Xiaochuan, said on Friday. "We do not currently recognise Bitcoin and other digital currencies as a tool like paper money, coins and credit cards for retail payments," Zhou told reporters on the sidelines of the annual parliament session."The banking system does not accept it."

https://www.capitalwatch.com/article-1834-1.html

China was a huge reason for BTC initial run-up ... So if one's interested in the collapse of fiat currency then hold BTC and see who will trade goods or services with you in the future if other central banks ban banking transactions. Also much of the mining is done in china. If China cracks down on this who will replace them and at what cost and how much disruption will unfold in this process. I posted a month ago about the fact the energy consumption is equivalent to 13 U.S. states ...

EasyGoing

You guys see Paccoin hit #3 for a second on coin market cap? Pretty sure it was a glitch due to circulating supply, but I have not heard what the reason was yet.

Kankakee

The amount of black swans aloft regarding sea-change in crypto might blot out the sun soon. You just had the second largest economy in the world say its totally banned and the SEC is like a ravaging wolf in hen house .... let alone taxes and taxes for avoidance and nobody was reporting profits to tax man last 24 months prior ..... so your looking at fine on top of capital gains.

Good luck everyone. But at the end of the day this was all about a flip back into fiat currency for a gain in wealth.

R

Rubber Chicken

The amount of black swans aloft regarding sea-change in crypto might blot out the sun soon. You just had the second largest economy in the world say its totally banned and the SEC is like a ravaging wolf in hen house .... let alone taxes and taxes for avoidance and nobody was reporting profits to tax man last 24 months prior ..... so your looking at fine on top of capital gains.

Good luck everyone. But at the end of the day this was all about a flip back into fiat currency for a gain in wealth.

I doubt this very much.....

Currencies which have a specific function can definitely survive.

EasyGoing

More Fud?

China didn't say it was banned. They said it wasn't an official currency and can't be used for taxes ext. Big difference. If you think China wont allow crypto you are crazy, imo. Justin Sun is on Chinese TV weekly promoting Tron. You don't get on state run TV unless the Chinese government approves. Also, crypto wasn't invented to flip back to fiat, it was the exact opposite. Cyrpto was invented as a hedge against the dollar, and protect money during a fiat crash. Right?

Soon, the world economies will go into recession, and crypto will rise. Some countries wont survive the crash, and create or use a crypto to retain wealth. When this happens, this market turns into a multi trillion dollar market. Venezuela is already considering this.

All just my opinion. :tiphat:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Why is everyone tripping? So China prefers Chinese crypto to American crypto, isn't that what you would expect? Also China sees crypto as a tool rather than a currency. You can buy a phone contract, when you want to talk to someone, you can ring them up. But you can't swap your phone contract with the taxman to pay your tax bill. Or your hammer, but if you have some nails it's more useful than a $100 dollar bill.
Bots owners being careless, giving their bot command codes to a rogue scammer, and being used to sell off all crypto and buying one small crypto currency however has had an impact on the markets. It doesn't help to get them recognised as currency, but it does add volitility, and that's what speculators/ game players like.
They will always be recognised as a tool though. Where that tool is useful or out of date will depend on how well it was designed.
Best from China are the golden 3, neo, gas, ontology. Best from USA bit coin and ethereum .
But everyone knows that, so the speculation is over the less useful tools. But if you're looking to pay your tax bill or mortgage, you'll need local fiat. No need to panic on that recognition though.