What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m not s’great with my words.. but in science, bias abounds. It is literally inescapable.

My head is so full of bias that it leaks from both ears. People used to talk about me and my decisions like a god damn cautionary tale. They didn’t stop snubbing me until I acknowledged my bias, and started taking their advice.

Peer reviewal is absolutely necessary. With the burden of attachment comes a predisposition to confirmation bias. Writers simply shouldn’t edit their own writing.

Most people revamp their whole grows when they consistently run into rot issues. You should really (have) consider(ed) this (by now).

Your frostiest nugs here for whatever reason, look exaaactly like shaded nug. Flarf, if you will. Blasting material.

RR has the right idea in your high heat environment.

An open mind leaves room for growth, so don’t take anything personally. These posts cost time and compassion, regardless.

When did he make you his defense bitch? Judt drop it Geez

Bobby Boucher

Lol.

I just offered to buy you a whole new grow. Lights, fans, containers.. the whole 9 yards. Hundreds of dollars up for a stranger. I don't know if you missed that.

I offered my empathy, my time, my kindness, my money, my friendship..

You really are just a proud fool. I hope karma slaps the dentures out your mouth, and that your plants keep rotting away.

(mic drop)

NUGneighbor

Bobby Boucher, that's funny as hell. LMFAO...............
PetFlora, why do you respond so negative to people trying to help you ?
Why don't you just respond by saying ( thank you I will give that a try ) ?
And let it go at that. And then try what they said, it might help. You never know.
The way you respond, makes you look like a know everything, can't do nothing little kid.
I know you are tired of all the BS. But we are tired of watching you screw up. and we are just trying to help.
Anyway good luck, cause you really need it............................................

LostTribe

Premium user

negative37dBA

Veteran
In your roots picture above do you notice how you got 1 big tap root heading down out of the net pot? Have you looked at others who grow hydro and the root systems they have? Do you notice how they branch out laterally from the net pot in massive numbers?...lots of fine roots. The reason is they have support to the net pot wall with the SMALL hydroton....not big rocks. My net pots look like a porcupine with sweet white roots all over. Go with SMALL rocks FTW. Have a great day.
Peace, negative.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
OMG, when you pull a plant out of a bubbler all the roots kling together

Color accuracy is far from 100, so what looks like early stages of root rot is not

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bobby Boucher, that's funny as hell. LMFAO...............
PetFlora, why do you respond so negative to people trying to help you ?
Why don't you just respond by saying ( thank you I will give that a try ) ?
And let it go at that. And then try what they said, it might help. You never know.
The way you respond, makes you look like a know everything, can't do nothing little kid.
I know you are tired of all the BS. But we are tired of watching you screw up. and we are just trying to help.
Anyway good luck, cause you really need it............................................

Simple solution UNSUBSCRIBE

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plant in F & D looking good. I had to make a few o/o time adjustments as water level when fill time stopped in the tote was a tad low

Oddly, the other large plant has been drooping since moving her from one hole in the bubbler to the middle

negative37dBA

Veteran
OMG, when you pull a plant out of a bubbler all the roots kling together

Color accuracy is far from 100, so what looks like early stages of root rot is not

No, I am talking about the lack of ANY roots coming out the SIDES of your net pots.
Peace, negative.

Bobby Boucher

Every single one of those pictures show rot.

Having been about as far down and out as someone can be, I really just hate watching people victimize themselves.

I would take a trip down to your local optometrist and then take another good hard look at those pictures. If that doesn’t help, I would seek out a psychiatrist.

Helped me a ton.

DiverDave

To PetFlora , Look like your getting your problem solved.

I think I may have done it also , with the sprayers.
I have the extra photos I could not post in message # 557.

The bucket lid with sprayer installed.
And the harvest of the front plant (wet trimmed).

I do not know why the photo looks like it has rot starting , they look white and healthy to me.
The big clump of roots on the bottom was sitting right on top of the 4" air stone.
So far the best grow I have had with Autos.
My second grow of the same genetics.

DD

Attachments

• 2019_05_22_Tent 023.jpg
    2019_05_22_Tent 023.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 2019_05_22_Tent 024.jpg
    2019_05_22_Tent 024.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 2019_05_22_Tent 025.jpg
    2019_05_22_Tent 025.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 2019_05_22_Tent 027.jpg
    2019_05_22_Tent 027.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 2019_05_22_Tent 026.jpg
    2019_05_22_Tent 026.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

DiverDave

And the results from that grow (just one of two plants)

Sorry I didn't take more photos.
And I will be changing the pvc connections on the next go to barb ends.
So I can lift lids if I care to look inside in the future.
Also with hose I can probably manage the pressure better for sprays.

Thanks for all your help and experiences PetFlora and ICMags guys.

DD

Attachments

• 2019_05_22_Tent 029.jpg
    2019_05_22_Tent 029.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 14

Bobby Boucher

DD, buy yourself a nice 3.5-5 gallon gamma seal bucket to keep your dried pot in, and aim to fill it every time by creating completely root bound buckets.

If my roots don't look like this by harvest, my yield suffers.. immensely.

The angle of the dangle is inversely proportional to the heat of the meat. Roots = Froots.

Oh, and if you do fill your buckets to capacity, those sprayers are going to be rendered useless, and they'll just be taking up potential space from your roots.

I would personally recommend a Big Toke style recirculating system for ease of use. More than one way to skin a rabbit though. Lots of guys swear by their PPK's. This aero style lower veg time stuff is better suited for higher plant counts, that much I can tell ya.

Attachments

• mature_plant_root_mass_in_undercurrent_dwc_hydroponics_system.jpg
    mature_plant_root_mass_in_undercurrent_dwc_hydroponics_system.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 13

Bobby Boucher

Oof,

I missed the orange buckets. You can see in those pictures how much light passes through. Roots hate light. Your plants will be happier in black buckets.

I get all my black gear from Uline or Usplastic. I start my clones in 1 gallon blacks, I keep my nugs in 2 gallon blacks, I veg in 3.5 gallon blacks, I flower in 5 gallon blacks, and I keep my flarfs trims and unmanicured branches in 7 gallon blacks.

https://youtu.be/xEsxWiLnBrs

Last edited:

DiverDave

Oof,

I missed the orange buckets. You can see in those pictures how much light passes through. Roots hate light. Your plants will be happier in black buckets.

I get all my black gear from Uline or Usplastic. I start my clones in 1 gallon blacks, I keep my nugs in 2 gallon blacks, I veg in 3.5 gallon blacks, I flower in 5 gallon blacks, and I keep my flarfs trims and unmanicured branches in 7 gallon blacks.

https://youtu.be/xEsxWiLnBrs

In #557 and next post I show all black , rez buckets and so fourth.
I used the only free buckets left at harvest to hold the net pot/roots to move out to the front door for photos.

And I do not use a [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]gamma seal bucket to store in.
Instead I hang dry then cure , and later if I do not make oil .. will vacuum seal in jars.

I would like to see your system in detail , maybe get a few ideas to improve my setup on.

Originally I built a RDWC , had problems .. converted to spray and did better.
In the last weeks I was flooding (since buckets are lifted 4~5 inches higher then drains to rez.) and then back down on rez level.

I do have the holes in buckets to use for a RDWC if I want to incorporate both mist at the beginning and later a flow toward the end.

Good info so far. I could use some photos to see something better tho.

Thanks for your help.

DD
[/FONT]

Bobby Boucher

picture.php

I could never figure out why people skip on scrogging! Multiple layers of trellis ftw.
picture.php

This tiny tent saves me from having to refill my humidifiers all the damn time. Nice to keep on a table to save my neck during the initial training.
picture.php

This is just a bastardized big toke system. His thread is stickied in hydro. It all drains into an external res which has its ph maintained automatically by a bluelab ph doser.
picture.php
picture.php

Nugs.