What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Using Medical Marijuana while on parole?

shack

I'm sorry if this has been covered in another thread,I can,t find it or didn,t see it.
I'm currently on state parole, I do have a condition that is covered under my states medical marijuana laws. Do you think my parole officer will let me use it? I'm kinda afraid to ask.
Does anyone here have experience with this matter.? I'm in Pa.

stim

if you use an independent facility to drug test consult with them carefully and circumvent the court entirely they will mark your thc levels as a negative. Otherwise unfortunately if drug use is a part of your parole conditions you will probably need to stop using even medicinal which is bullshit but until some large judgement is reached will remain that way. Good luck and make sure you can apply for a card with your legal status you can always claim medicinal as a defense and/or bring your own lemon juice squeezer to the party :)

Jhhnn

Veteran
I'm sorry if this has been covered in another thread,I can,t find it or didn,t see it.
I'm currently on state parole, I do have a condition that is covered under my states medical marijuana laws. Do you think my parole officer will let me use it? I'm kinda afraid to ask.
Does anyone here have experience with this matter.? I'm in Pa.

The only straight answer you'll get is from your parole officer.

If it’s medical and you have a Dr. recommendation or prescription I don’t think they can legally stop you from using any medicine.

nickman

Veteran
This isn’t the same but my children’s mother is on probation and she had a prescription from a doctor to use Xanax...!!!... Her PO allowed the use of that medicine because she had a prescription from a doctor...!!!...

I don’t see why u wouldn’t be allowed to use the medical pot as long as u have a legit med card...!!!...

I really hope everything works out for you in your favor...

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
nah...whether you can use medical marijuana during your probation depends on your state, the legal officials who work with you and your charges.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nah...whether you can use medical marijuana during your probation depends on your state, the legal officials who work with you and your charges.

Agree. Such a dicey subject, but if you are parole, haven't you lost other rights, misdemeanor or felony charge? Check with parole officer.