What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sea Solids make plants EXPLODE in hydro!!

osirica420

Nondual all the elements on land have been washed in the ocean, within the last 200 years there has been a serious difference in the amount of minerals in the ground...

So technically growing with SeaSalt is the same thing as growing with soil..
Just less salt and less minerals they are eating in soil its the same exact thing though besides that....

Please correct me if i am wrong here..
Organic elements break down to form inorganic elements via bacteria to feed the plant...
Same case with seasalt the water collects all the minerals from the ground rivers and dumps them in a ocean( largest compost tea on the planet).
Bacteria in the ocean converts it over to inorganic form and there it just awaits use...

They are both eating the same thing one just has more elements to chose from and a different delivery system which is via the "salt"(sodium)...

Seasalts elements has already been converted, and is a perfect balance of minerals that you can't get in any soil or hydro nute FACT unless its completely manmade...

The testing will speak for itself it will show the positive and negative side of growing with this technique, just as there is a positive and negative with ALL techniques.......

N-P-K is just the main elements platns uses growth.. what about all the rest?

You going to try to play god and say they are not needed??

you gotta be joking :wink:

As far as the stretching and alll that goes this is my first time growing fully indoors, hydro at that, I think i am doing quite well..

I also have a whitefly infestation that pretty much killed 2 plants that did not receive any seasalt... all the plants that receive the salt now look like there is a shiny coat on the leaves and super healthy, some of the bottom leaves still have some spots on them from the flys sucking the life out of them, the plants are now killing the flys off slowly...

Also one of my hazes already has cloudy trichs, i am somewhat of a newb but i think its safe to say there is a fast mature time growing with seasalt which is a good and a bad thing.. This strain goes 12 weeks supposesly , I will be going on week 7 and quite of crystals on one plant is cloudy and hairs are 80% deep orange... is this right?

All my other plants are still mostly all white haired and still majority clear trichs...hmm?

Last edited:

Colt122

Miko said:
And we can now safely conclude that seawater decrease yields.

That was my thought from the start.....
I really dont see anything here that I dont get with basic 3 part nutes,B1 and peroxide? Of course not every strain will perform the same. Clone selection is more important IMO. :rasta:
But hey anything is worth trying :headbange

Colt122 said:
That was my thought from the start.....
I really dont see anything here that I dont get with basic 3 part nutes,B1 and peroxide? Of course not every strain will perform the same. Clone selection is more important IMO. :rasta:
But hey anything is worth trying :headbange

Complete Ignorance!

do you people not understand that those dank ass budds were just grown in sea water? JUST SEA WATER! with the exception of a little PBP! 200 ppms at that! just imagine if he would have used a 3 part nute in conjunction with the sea minerals!!?! those budds would have been through the fuckn roof! this thread providing us with information on what sea water has to offer, not whether or not it can beat your liquid 3 part nute solution in a race!

osirica420 thanks for all the awesome information! Your an awesome sport!

miko your a total ass! take that shit elsewhere!

Miko

NorCalNiceGuy said:
miko your a total ass! take that shit elsewhere!

Thank ou. Care to tell me what shit exactly? Perhaps you could quote me showing my ignorance? Or is it you who provides here ZERO usefull info? :fsu:

edit: you "nice" guy... perhaps you should read a little harder and see it isn't only 200ppm of pbp. Oh, and please, take your pointless posts elsewhere

Last edited:
Miko said:
Very interesting assumption.

Irrelevant.

PROOF OF WHAT, EXACTLY?

Oh, is that a fact? but anyway, again - PROOF OF WHAT EXACTLY?

PROOF OF WHAT EXACTLY?

Oh wait, haven't I heard that many times already? Perhaps you change your tune and start providing some real input on what exactly you have "researched"?

And? Magicly, whatever you say is like shout a word and hide in bushes...
I have given you examples of what we DO know on growing and how it actually correlates with seawater contents. I have given you known to work well nutrient ratio formula table and direct links to seawater data. Have you done comparision I pointed you at? You haven't. Perhaps you shouldn't have replied to my post then.

You need proof so that you know if your seawater works better then conventional fertilizer. Don't get so obviously defensive. Have you read my posts at all? Ah... nevermind...

You lost my interest for this discussion.

Total ASS!!!

go back under the bridge you troll!

oh theres plenty more i could quote to point out how ignorant and bigg of an ass you are but hey i've already stooped to your level and i wont go any lower, im done with you...

sorry for blazing you thread osirica420! thanks again for all the information you've provided us with, i plan on giving it a shot myself!

Miko

Actually, what you have quoted shows no ignorance on my part. If you stick to the topic you'll see moore clearly. sorry for your anger, hope you get over it.

osirica420 said:
Thalassa mix(My Favorite) is All pure seawater/salt and a few bit of herbs and humus mixed in, that is the only additives, i used besides PBP and molasses and seawater...

Sea-Crop, and SeaAgri are in its pure state they just figure out how to take from ocean and concentrate it in the best way and how... its not put through ANY MACHINE or MIXED with any CHEMICALS, thats good enough for me....

Miko you can't disprove this, all this is factual info plants love ALL elements.
Their internal structures thrive off them..

The clone testing will start to prove itself within a few days time....

Nice pics and great work! It's got me interested and thinking, that's what I love about it.

G

gregor_mendel said:
Is there a thread here where you discuss your organic layering method?
No thread here that I know like that but haven't looked really hard. I'm fairly new to it but basically build your pot with dry amendments then add mostly water only. I do also use a bit of Liquid Karma, seaweed extract and have yet to use teas but those would be mainly for bacterial and fungal additions and not nutritive. I mainly post elsewhere with peeps who grow that way and who taught me a bunch.
Nondual all the elements on land have been washed in the ocean, within the last 200 years there has been a serious difference in the amount of minerals in the ground...

Just less salt and less minerals they are eating in soil its the same exact thing though besides that....
Like I said before there is probably some value in using products like you're talking about. I checked the products out a bit and they look cool. My point was plants grow in soil and not in the ocean for a reason. Minerals are easy to supply to soil by such things such as glacial rock dust. Bacteria love minerals, basically eat em up, and supply all a plant needs.
Sorry but not even close. The sea is an amalgamation of EVERYTHING that comes from the land. Some land areas are richer than others. IT all gets balanced out in the ocean and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Plants grow in certain areas and not others for a reason and this is not solely due to rainfall. Yes minerals are a part of it but only a part.
Just less salt and less minerals
There are virtually no salts in native soil as it has been cleansed by millions of years of distilled water raining down on it. There's plenty of minerals in native soil.

B

Brother_Monk

43432008_03140002-med.jpg

For less than 30 bucks, I'll give it a go with ya. I got some SFV OG Kush about to show roots. I'll put 2 in my regular soil mix(FFOF), and feed as usual. I'll also run 2 with the recommended ammt. for soil additive, and foliar feed with it. If theres a marked difference, this should show us.

:ying:

B

Brother_Monk

How about some sea goodness for humans? Check this out!

Originally, I found this on Arlo Guthrie's webpage.

:ying:Frequensea

Last edited:
G

Haha...just get some Celtic Sea Salt or use Himalayan salt or Miracle Krystal salt (those are basically the same thing) for human use. All are very inexpensive.

B

Brother_Monk

Ummm, no, It's not the same thing at all. Phytoplankton is not a salt. It does come from the ocean though. But anyways....just thought I'd throw that out there. I know this thread is about cannabis, not humans. Just wanted to show, that goodness from the sea, also makes humans healthy, as well as cannabis.

:ying:

G

Phytoplankton is not a salt.
You're right but didn't realize phytoplankton was for humans. What's the phytoplankton concentration of that stuff anyway?

osirica420

thx for comments my brothers..

The current plants are looking nice packing on the weight...

I harvested 1 lowryder x ak47 its been drying a few days now.. and it burns almost TOO SMOOTH and its super tasty!!! :joint:
I got just over 1 oz with a lowryder i'd say thats pretty good for first try indoor growing..
I also took a sample of the g13 haze x diesel its still drying though will post some pics when fully dry...

I can't get over the smoothness of this smoke its great it really helps bring out the flavor!

Its nice to see another good test going on especially someone with more experience then I! Good work Brother_Monk! :jump:

I thought to just start my test off in the DWC buckets, so in a few more days when the clones roots will hit the bottom of the pot, my test will truly begin this way we can see results so much faster..

Man that smoke is smooth! :rasta:

osirica420

took a few buds for sampling here is a pic of her curing..
she smells like a really skunkish haze... ocean grown dank :rasta:

Last edited:

ogenko

thanks for bringing this up osirica
that brings a whole new meaning to KISS
can't get much simpler that see salts
that richard davies video was spacey but cool
i'm definetily gonna check out this subject more and keep an eye on your thread
how bout some finished reports
kind..grow time..flower time...size.. weight.. quality but all in one report so we can get a feel for what you got going
thanks its very cool

fulltimehuman

yo osirica420 nice info and thanks for posting all your experiments. I've been adding the himalayan salt but not too strong more like a micro nute boost or something, guess I need to pull my head out and go full bore. Looks like they love it, I actually see less water usage with these salts, do you experience any recognizable drought resistance
(e.g. plants seem to need less watering) When I used pure GH Nova's they drink the f
out of the water but don't look too much denser or bigger. I don't remember if I read it in any of Dr. Murray's findings , but I thought I might recall he experienced this as well. anyway 2 cents, onward!