What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sea Solids make plants EXPLODE in hydro!!

osirica420

Sea salt is ceritfied organic, it can be used with the slightest bit of nitrogen from fish
emulsion and that is 100% certified organic.. It could be used with Guano or EWC it
don't matter, i am just using PBP in this test.. i could easily be using a just guano tea
and seasalt, that is actually what i plan on doing my next run, after i get the hang of
this is my first time growing indoors, hydro at that.. IMO is this the right
section cuz this stuff can be used as the sole food in hydro then add some
EWC casting or a tiny bit of guano as fertilizer..

Here is a OMRI certified document for seasalt and some other reading material you have asked for....

http://www.seaagri.com/OMRICROPS08.pdf
http://www.seaagri.com/OceanTraceOMRICertificate.pdf
http://www.seaagri.com/DetailedCompositionofSeawater.pdf
http://www.marscigrp.org/ocpertbl.html
http://www.seaagri.com/DrMurraysExperimentsAppendix.pdf
http://www.seaagri.com/Analysis SEA-90.pdf
http://www.seaagri.com/Heavymetalanalysis.pdf

Last edited:

osirica420

Mr Celsius said:
Also if these nutrients are so good and eating 100ppm a day, then why are you even using the PBP if it "would of turned yellow days ago bro"?

This isn't organic, so don't call it organic. Keep posting here if you want, but your not in the right section.

I am using PBP as a fertilizer thats why and using a minimium amount..if needed it it would been dead as stated

As stated i can easily be using something else 100% organic..
If the plants were surviving off that small amount of PBP they would of been
dead a long time ago
:laughing:

Last edited:

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
osirica420 said:
Sea salt is ceritfied organic, it can be used with the slightest bit of nitrogen from fish
emulsion and that is 100% certified organic.. It could be used with Guano or EWC it
don't matter, i am just using PBP in this test.. i could easily be using a just guano tea
and seasalt, that is actually what i plan on doing my next run, after i get the hang of
this is my first time growing indoors, hydro at that.. IMO is this the right
section cuz this stuff can be used as the sole food in hydro then add some
EWC casting or a tiny bit of guano as fertilizer..

Here is a OMRI certified document for seasalt and some other reading material you have asked for....

http://www.seaagri.com/OMRICROPS08.pdf
http://www.seaagri.com/OceanTraceOMRICertificate.pdf
http://www.seaagri.com/DetailedCompositionofSeawater.pdf
http://www.marscigrp.org/ocpertbl.html
http://www.seaagri.com/DrMurraysExperimentsAppendix.pdf
http://www.seaagri.com/Analysis SEA-90.pdf
http://www.seaagri.com/Heavymetalanalysis.pdf

Are these the same products that you are using right now? I went the the website that you listed on page 1 and look through their website. I did not see one mention of OMRI.

Mr Celsius

Veteran
So, osirica, can you use these by themselves to grow plants? Do you actually need the PBP? I don't understand what elements are in this stuff... if I did I could answer this question. NPK, micros?

osirica420

NPK = Nitrogen - Phosphorus - Potassium .. Main three "FERTILIZERS" is the key word here.
micros= All other elements on the element chart, that most organic and chemical fertilizers
don't have, only a certain amount they will contain of the elements on the table.....

Seawater contains them all except nitrogen unless you get the liquid version..
All plants can be grown this way at different doses... but some plants are
bred for higher NPK amount because of modern day fertilizers, but the majority
can be grown seawater alone....

Plants eat all the elements available to them in its inorganic state to create
growth so their main diet consist of the elements off the periodic element
table ... In which seawater gives from a organic source in a inorganic form..

Seawater can be used as main food then add tiny bit of something organic to
give a certain flavor and to make grow faster or even a certain way, only a
SMALL AMOUNT will be needed...

Some really good things to add if you wanted to fertilize organically are..

Molasses.. 1-0-5 best thing to use in combo only thing is it gotta be bubbled
for 24hr to break down material

EWC . varies in NPK ratio but extremely light teas used with seawater would
be great there is tons of hormones in EWC..

Guano .. USE Very extremely DILUTE TEAS add to reservoir

KEEP IT SUPER LIGHT ON THE FERTILIZER...

Too much of one will cancel out the other, small amount of each they can
absorb them all and become pest and disease resistant, due to that amount
of minerals they absorb they can create more protective enzymes.

That was some of the things the doctor anaylzed in his works...

Here are some updated photos she is huge now almost 3 feet high and wide
33inches to be exact and forming really dense bud-sites everywhere, crystals
are just beginning to form also on all the buds and leaves...
And they(g13 haze x NYCD) smell like sour milk its quite a wierd smell, i been
smoking weed a long time and never smelled anything like this its really a bad
smell and very strong, i am very curious of what the taste will be. I am quite
sure they will be somewhat similar to this new strain i just sprouted actually
are called Sour Cream ( ECSD x G13 Haze). I just turned their bubblers on
today their roots came out the bottom of the basket a few days ago.

The autoflowering ak47 smells really sweet and fruity crystals are just starting
form on here also..

Last edited:

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A very interesting read ty for sharing. I to wait for the end result with much amazement.

Mr.Wags

osirica420

Shenanigans said:
I am unimpressed by your sea solids. Nice flowers though.

I smell a hater!!!!

Whats there to be unimpressed about?.... :bashhead:

The fact you can grow weed with sea salt ALONE and not have any nute
deficiency, burn, bug or disease problems?

Ya you can grow weed with any NPK based nute and play guessing games on
what they really need, some people get really good at it.. Stay using your
man made N-P-K based nutes, i could care less lol...

I posted this so people know they can grow plants with seawater as a primary
food..

Plants grown in seawater ALWAYS carries more vitamins and minerals and
enzymes then plants grown any other way FACT! Several research papers
back this statement. When you got a way of growing to get 90 elements in
the plants besides this post it please....

To me this is how plants were suppose to be grown... Imma keep it mineral... :joint:

they eat like 200 -300 ppm weekly they love it!!!

They had 12/12 light for around 21 days...

Last edited:
G

"To me this is how plants were suppose to be grown"

There's those broad sweeping statements again.

The mineral content is indeed worth looking further into. You'll find the OFC are looking at this now so you got a few gurus attention. Statements like the above don't help your cause at all.

osirica420

i will reframe from using my own opinion...
we will just deal with the facts..

sorry if i offended anyone.. :puppydoge

Last edited:

Mr Celsius

Veteran
NO, sorry you can't have an opinion, join the collective and let people police your language!!! LOL, can you tell I'm joking?

Its perfectly fine to have an opinion about something. Everyone has one and everyone has a way of doing things, this is because of their opinions.... so to tell you you can't have one is foolish and hypocritical.

You didn't claim that "I am GOD and my word is finally, this is THEE way to grow plants." You said: "To me this is how plants were suppose to be grown"; hence its an opinion.

Don't sweat the haters and grammar nazi's, they are just deficient in some manner.

gregor_mendel

I don't really understand

I don't really understand

The analysis you posted links to don't show the sea solid to have any macro nutrients.

Are you saying plants will grow without NPK?

I know you are using a low concentration of pure blend pro, but if a medium with high cation exchange capacity ( or is it capability?) is used, the low concentrations can be quite successful, especially with the dose of every trace mineral and micronutrient under the sun you are giving them.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Interesting, wonder if its like kelp extract.

I think people want to wait and see instead of jumping to the conclusion that this product is a holy grail kinda thing.

Your plants are lookin tall.

osirica420

Breakdown

Breakdown

"The analysis you posted links to don't show the sea solid to have any macro nutrients."

Were you looking at the right chart?

Seawater has every single nutrient needed for plant growth....

Seawater has all of these plus ALOT more in readily available form for the plant to uptake..
Macro-Nutrients = N - P - K - Ca - Mg - SU

If you get the dried sea salt there will no nitrogen left because it will all evaporate...
If you get the liquid concentrate it will contain the amount needed.
Something like Thalassa mix adds a very very light organic herbal compost to their sea-salt mixture..

"Are you saying plants will grow without N-P-K?"

No I am saying they don't need nearly as much N-P-K/Macro-Nutrients as most people think..
A well balanced diet of all the minerals will decrease the amount of N-P-K used..
They are just fertilizers not primary food.

We have to add some NPK to the seawater, because land animals and plants have
become acclimated to higher concentrations of NPK than is in the sea, because it
forms in the waste and decomposing matter, therefore they are the most available "on land".

Should you add NPK to your Ocean Solution?

In certain situations, yes. When you are dealing with hybrid plants, they are
bred to demand excess NPK. However, open pollinated plants and seeds are aligned
with nature, and generally do not require extra NPK.

There are different dilutions for different plants. Dr. Murray warned us that
when we use open pollinated seed, we're able to use just ocean water — natures
adjusted to straight ocean water — but when we use hybrid, they're bred to use
more NPK, and we had to add some NPK to hybrid plants to make it easier on them.

Seventeen elements are considered necessary for the growth of green plants: carbon (C),
hydrogen (H), oxygen (O), nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), potassium (K), calcium (Ca),
magnesium (Mg), sulfur (S), iron (Fe), zinc (Zn), manganese (Mn), boron (B), copper (Cu),
molybdenum (Mo), chlorine (Cl), and nickel (Ni). These elements are commonly referred
to as essential plant nutrients. An element is considered essential if a plant cannot
complete its life cycle without it, and if the problem that develops in its absence is
curable only by its addition. Plants obtain C, H, and O from carbon dioxide and water.
The remaining elements, called the "mineral nutrients," are obtained from the soil.

Mineral nutrients are classified as macronutrients and micronutrients. The term
"macronutrients" refers to those elements that plants require in large amounts
(N, P, K, Ca, Mg, S). The term "micronutrients" applies to plant nutrients that are
essential to plants but are needed only in small amounts (Fe, Zn, Mn, B, Cu, Mo, Ni, Cl).
The use of the terms "minor element" or "trace element" for some of the nutrients can
be misleading. For example, the role of Fe in plant metabolism should not be considered
less important than the role of K. Iron deficiency can result in total crop loss, so
its role is not a "minor" one, and it is not of minor importance. The difference
between Fe and K is in the amount required by plants, so the use of the terms
"micronutrients" and "macronutrients" is more appropriate.

"I know you are using a low concentration of pure blend pro, but if a medium with high
cation exchange capacity ( or is it capability?) is used, the low concentrations can be
quite successful, especially with the dose of every trace mineral and micronutrient
under the sun you are giving them."

Yes this is true, i was initially going to make my own teas, and i ended up looking at the
ingredients in PBP and it was almost the same make up and it had the right ratio of nutrients
weed likes so i did not have to do any calculations, except they added "Naturally Ocurring" not organic,
edible buffers to stabilize the solution, i'd figure i would end up using some none organic anyway
for PH up and down.

Anyone know a organic chemist?.. He will most likely be obliged to make you some organic
hydroxides and strong stable acids..Or maybe you can order organic lab grade stuff online..

Once i have the right buffers i can run a 100% organic bubbler hydro grow.

In Coco or Peat this is easlily buffered...

You can easily do a 100 % organic hydro grow that way..
Not in aero, dwc or ebb n flow, I am positive it could be done but its alot of work..

Try managing a ph on a bubbler system without strong buffers...
I have tried a few things not so stable..

We could still run more test, i think pre-bubbling 3-4 days will stabilize the solution enough to use
light bicarbonates and lighter acids that are organic.

Light guano or EWC teas seems a excellent combo with seawater they all have a
high cation exchange capacity, there would be tons of
good bacteria in that solution, all three carry good bacteria on their own for the
conversion of these fertilizers from their organic to inorganic state.

Original Pure Blend and Seawater are a perfect combo with the right acids, i will giving this a try very soon!
This could be done in COCO right now or PEAT..... 100% organic hydro, maybe
add some molasses to the mix...

Kelp is good but you gotta convert the salts over to their inorganic form,
seawater has already done this for you. And i am not sure it kelp takes in all
90 elements something like oceangrown wheatgrass will!

The plants take in inorganic elements or nutrients and turn them into organic.
They only want inorganic. They, like us, can take in organic, but that doesnt
do it any good. They want inorganic nutrients to make a healthy plant.

Chelating your organic mix is a good idea but not really needed when using
seawater.....

I can’t think of a better argument for growing plants in mineral-rich mediums.
Modern agriculture is based on the NPK method, referring to Nitrogen (N),
Phosphorus (P) and Potassium (K). Commercially grown vegetables and fruits
available in supermarkets may look nice from the outside but they are grown
with only three elements.

I am currently running a test.. The doctor says seasalts makes the plants
highly bug and disease resistant and high heat tolerant..

I am making the plants fight infestations of white flys...
My theory behind this is that since they have all the minerals they can
increase their potentcy to fight off the insect parasites..

2 plants i have in coco are yellowing out now cuz they can't fight off the flys,
they will soon die it looks like. I will revive them today with seasalt will take
before and after pic.

At first the platns in DWC did not look so hot, light spots on leaves and losing cholrophyll,
i was just going to get rid of the bugs then but i thought lets put hte salt to
the test, lets see whats happens. All the plants in the DWC just keep getting
darker more potent looking leaves, more crystals IMO they are fighting them
off VERY WELL!

budshots from today.. bout 1.5 - 2 months left

Last edited:
R

rule35sub1

I get pretty much the same results using bio buckets. My plants grow very fast. I see you have alot of stretch in your plants, which is not a good thing. My plants grow fast and closer spacing between nodes.

I like the thread though. I like to tinker and try new things all the time.
Cant wait to see them finish up.

osirica420

rule35sub1 said:
I get pretty much the same results using bio buckets. My plants grow very fast. I see you have alot of stretch in your plants, which is not a good thing. My plants grow fast and closer spacing between nodes.

I like the thread though. I like to tinker and try new things all the time.
Cant wait to see them finish up.

There are many factors that go into that not just the nutes ....

This is my first ever full indoor grow, hydro at that...
I am a newb that has done alot of research and a few tests...
Experience is next...

Point of this thread being is that they are this healthy off of eating MAINLY sea solids which is 100% Organic....

Last edited:

Miko

Hello osirica420 and thank you for sharing your thoughts.

This is an interesting subject indeed more so I have never really gave it a thought.

I've lived through tens of years of my life into learning flora and fauna of our beautiful planet and I come to realize that anything is possible. Starting my jorney with mports and management of exotic animal and plants those of incredible beauty; creatures of all variations posessing incredible features and powers. From that very young age and to this day of my never ending passion to nature - I know I've had my share of surprises. There is nothing like finding new something.

Don't be surprised osirica420 you aren't always rceived warm with this sea solids idea. First, please understand you have nothing incredible in your grow to make people like wow, this really works. And then remember many people think they already know everything so anything new is funny or at least worthless.

Now, I have a somewhat mixed bag of feelings about all this sea water/sea solids/sea salts mineral trend. The industry as a whole looks small and undefined. There is a small number of data on the subject - most, or perhaps all I've seen comes from a very limited number of sources all in the end pointting at one man responsible for all and that one is dead. I mean no disrespect to Dr. Maynard Murray and believe this subject is well worth some attention. Stories are somewhat sketchy and luck references; scientific data representation is a little amateurish looking to me but that off course is subjective and I might be confusing it with simplicity.

At some point I thougt to myself, well, this could be a rip off. Global oil rule integrated theory makes it even more so confusing. But then again I don't see many people complaining. Why not give it a try then?

There seem to be differences in recommended ppm numbers, some say 2000ppm is ok even at times all 3,500 but others point at ten times smaller doses. Athough I must say those are of different origin and possibly of different mineral content/ballance. Keep in mind I haven't read Dr. Murray's book so this is all very early into the subject. I have to say that even so, there is nothing miraculous by itself about some plant species surviving 3,500 or 4000 ppm.

Dr. Murray gives some interesting hydroponic formulas he found to be highly productive on some plants. It'd sure be great to discuss those papers and see how it compares to modern commercial mineral fertilizers.

I will try to setup a practical experiment if it still grabs my attention after giving it a little more careful thought.

Good thread, keep it going!