What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Friendly ISOQwik Wash Faq

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
I don't see why not 70's....... Unless the sun does something to it??
How do you know all the ISO is gone when you leave it out to dry??

friendlyfriend

Veteran
I just made some iso with strawberry cough trim and nugs... i will be enjoying it and some football (just had a schmoke and i don't fill like typing :joint: ) then I'll be back with some replies :D happy football sunday

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I prefer the flavor of everclear and like the fact that it starts out with nothing in it that is poisonous .... just my own opinion..

Lol, Babbabud. Alcohol is not poisonous? Especially Everclear. Oh the fireballs we used to blow with that stuff as kids. Rubbing alcohol evaperates 100% clean. It leaves nothing behind. All it is is rubbing alcohol and distilled water in the bottle. But to each his own. There is no wrong way to get high.

Yeah, 70's the sun will take care of it just fine. You will know when it is done because it will be all dried up. Sticky, but not wet. It won't hurt anything to let it sit longer. Let it sit for 2 days if you want. Just try and keep dust off it.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
everclear isnt poisonous... thats my point exactly ... thats why i prefer to make my oil with ethyl or grain alcohol rather then isopropyl alcohol.... isopropyl alcohol cannot be ingested without ill effects

friendlyfriend

Veteran
I'll still use the Everclear for my tincture though ;)
cook

Rightly SO COOKED! Tincture is a treat I have yet to taste but through Liberty Balance's Recipes in the Cannabis Cooking Forum I look forward to trying it but i would like to save up a couple ounces of kif to make it extra special :D

70s.... Hot plate? Come on this is so quick and easy to make its silly! the key to my variation on the technique is that I double boil the iso oil! and it works well because the first couple times I made iso I ended up with a hard block of hash which was hard on the throat (essentially since i did not double boil at 400 degrees but instead just boiled the iso at 250 degrees outdoors the end result was solid non-viscous hash that was not enjoyable.) I then attempted to double boil ( just boiling a bigger pot of water then placing your iso oil pot within the pot with the boiling water) and the product was prepared in a 1/4 of the time it took when i boiled the iso at 250 degrees and this time when the oil was ready to scrape it was amber and light brown and i like to take a lil drop and test it on some ashes in a bowl just to satisfy my cravings (or sleep for 10 hours :D )

I wouldnt leave it out overnight? How are you gonna end up with a clean product? You want to cook out the impurities and nasties from the iso and also make sure that all you left is super sticky oil that I can roll into a ball if I have some kif or ash on my fingers. ***Make sure you DO THIS OUTDOORS*** the iso fumes are horrible and not forgiving watsoever!

Bab I gotta make me some everclear oil:D sounds like a lil taste of heaven
And yes babba I feel iso is not the cleanest method of hash extraction but you know what.... It sure is GOOD :friends: :biglaugh:

G

I was at a blues festival(Rooney Fest) and there was a guy who had some oil.It looked pretty good and smelled nice.I put out some bud to roll a joint with some in it when he said he made it with Acetone.This is like a paint and varnish remover,so suffice to say i said no thanx.Ive heard of it being done this way but didnt think anyone would make it this way.I dont think you could ever really get all of them chems out of it.Anyone ever heard of it being made with this?

friendlyfriend

Veteran
Actually on OG there are threads that have advocated the use of acetone because of its low boiling point (lower than iso 70% i assume) but then again pure acetone is not easy to come by, in my neck of the woods, and I would never suggest to anyone they use their wife's nail polish remover and try and get busy! :eek:

hope this helps.

friendlyfriend

Veteran
Zepp was my inspiration when it came to iso endeavors. One day in a pm he simply told me Its better than bud... I was like I know it must be but I just never tried it I dunno (everybody scottie don't!) lol so then I tried it and I was sold now i make it with whatever. I was bartered by an old potdealer an ounce of beasty indica and I took the whole thing and made 6 grams of oil and my life changed. My fears that I will one day succumb to a vice worse than smoke to the lungs and then I realized I'll be happy toking oil especially oil made with LOVE!

rock on brother zepp! ;)

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
friendlyfriend said:
Actually on OG there are threads that have advocated the use of acetone because of its low boiling point (lower than iso 70% i assume)

Hi FF
I used to do this back in college as I had access to the labs. Problem for me with acetone, it is difficult to completely evaporate. After heating it to thick goo I had to leave it air another week or so at room temp to stop tasting it. Very potent happy knock ya down stuff... -MGJ

G

When its boiled down in a stainless steel pot you can take a hairdryer and just keep blowin it around til it evaporates.

friendlyfriend

Veteran
No Trim Just BUDS!

No Trim Just BUDS!

This Time I got a little excited since we are all still in festive sentiments on the Friendly Plateau! This time our oil was extracted from my sativa lifesaver which yeilded 194 grams of primo buds and 32 grams of budlets and frosty trim (fan leaves discarded). 9 grams of freshly dried and frozen well ground buds was used in the first extraction and in the second extraction 16 grams of small buds and frosty trim was used.

I have used buds twice before and loved the product but now I think I might not be using most of my trim for oil and instead save the small buds and frosty trim for Bubblehash and just stick with buds for oil because although the narcotic is mega potent the buds shaken vigorously with iso produce a clearer milkier extraction and the yeild is half of the small buds and trim but the result is a trance inducing high or a run around laugh and dance to your favorite tunes type deal! Either way its great! Took over 25 pictures but the HIGH is picking up and I am about to toke another .1 of the 2nd oil extraction which was the left over from the 1st (there was visibly many trichs still on the ground up buds after the one and only rinse with them)trim and small buds with another 100ml of iso than the first extraction to compensate.

Enjoy the pics! *imstoned* :friends: :joint:

695JustBudsfor_oilSChmoking.JPG

JohnBell

Is it realy that bad to just let it sit out over night and evaporate? I just want to try a little small batch and see what its all about and I realy dont want to go buy a heat plate yet. I sure dont want to do it on the stove either. I was going to fill 1/2 of a quart jar and then use 1 bottle of 91% ISO shake for 2 -3 minutes and then strin with coffee filters in to a medium size stainless bowl. I was going to let this stil out next to a cracked window over night or however long it takes to evaporate. You think this would be okay for my 1st little test run?

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
Hey Johnbell.....
You shoukd have no problem with doing it that way. ISO evaporates at 82 degrees. Most do it on the stove to speed up the process. You should get the same results as burning off the ISO on the stove.