What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nicotine & Nicorette for Pain Relief ?

St. Phatty

I've been living with tooth pain & associated pain in my nose & lips from a very poorly managed tooth infection, for 11 months now.

Besides Cannabis, I'm looking for effective pain relievers.

My definition of an effective pain reliever -
* Physical motion - I can go up on the roof to do some work without feeling dizzy. Or at least be aware enough to be aware, if I am dizzy.
* Sitting at desk type thinking, e.g. balancing the checkbook.
* able to talk to other people without sounding drugged.

Anyway, I had been thinking about smoking cigs.

Even found some Camel cigs in the parking lot & put them in the medicine cabinet.

But - I'd rather save my lungs for the good stuff.

So I'm planning on trying Nicorette.

There's a lot of medical articles about pain relief from nicotine.

I've also witnessed it personally, a woman friend who preferred Cigs. over Tramadol for relief of eye pain/ corneal neuralgia. She was the wife of an orthopedic surgeon and could have any med she wanted. She liked Nicotine.

The other way to consume nicotine is the Juul type e-cigs. That's sort of on the back burner.

Since there's a lot of people here who are taking Cannabis for pain relief, I was wondering if you had experience with Nicotine, on that front.

I had a sales job for about 2 years where I dealt with the general public, outdoors. I had loads of customers who were in pain and used Cigs for pain relief. They were buying tools, but often started talking about their pain situation.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
If you have a toothache from an infected tooth for that long, you better get to a dentist, PRONTO!

Take the money to pay him out of your grocery money or anywhere else..!!

A long term tooth infection can send infection to your brain and cause an extremely painful death...

go to a dentist!

I have two good friends who have been dentists for 40 years, so this is not a Google diagnosis!

Bobby Boucher

I have chronic neck/shoulder/arm pain. My pack a day habit doesn't seem to help... at all.

I had a couple teeth I needed pulled and I procrastinated thinking it was going to cost more than it did. It was like 80 bucks a tooth after the X-rays, which were a little steep around 350. Cheap. Painless. Nixed the infection right away.

If you are just looking for a good excuse to start smoking, I would recommend buying whole leaf tobacco and shredding and stuffing yourself. My pack a day habit costs me a grand total of 5 dollars a week, vs 9 dollars a day for store-bought. leaf only dot clom.

Most of the processed tobacco products are generally very low in nicotine content due to several factors. Its manipulated by the industry and this is another subject of its own. Your gonna be lucky to find even 1% nicotine in the typical cigarettes, and more in pipe tobacco. But as suggested above, you can use whole leaf and actually purchase it tax free as it is produce until processing takes place rendering it as taxable tobacco when sold.

With a lot of the flu cured and fire cured leaf you can get up to 3% nicotine content, but if you want a really potent pain killer I suggest Rustica, also called Wild,Aztec and Indian tobacco, it has upwards of 10% nicotine.

Yes I have used this medicine for more than just pain relief, there are many ailments that this plant treats medicinally that most people are not aware of.

As well, I would have to say that the Nicorette is just as dirty as the processed adulterated cig and pipe tobacco products.

Last edited:

Cannavore

Veteran
tooth infections are nothing to mess around with. i know a guy who had a tooth problem travel to his heart and ended up having to get a heart valve replaced all because of a tooth.

last time i had a tooth infection and no insurance i was gargling hardcore with cloves and warm water, salt water, hell i was even drinking orange/carrot smoothies with ginger and garlic in them. cloves, garlic, and ginger can be used as natural ways to help fight against infection.

biggest pain reliever that worked for me though was straight up 800mg ibuprofens.

Dankwolf

I've been living with tooth pain & associated pain in my nose & lips from a very poorly managed tooth infection, for 11 months now.

Besides Cannabis, I'm looking for effective pain relievers.

My definition of an effective pain reliever -
* Physical motion - I can go up on the roof to do some work without feeling dizzy. Or at least be aware enough to be aware, if I am dizzy.
* Sitting at desk type thinking, e.g. balancing the checkbook.
* able to talk to other people without sounding drugged.

Anyway, I had been thinking about smoking cigs.

Even found some Camel cigs in the parking lot & put them in the medicine cabinet.

But - I'd rather save my lungs for the good stuff.

So I'm planning on trying Nicorette.

There's a lot of medical articles about pain relief from nicotine.

I've also witnessed it personally, a woman friend who preferred Cigs. over Tramadol for relief of eye pain/ corneal neuralgia. She was the wife of an orthopedic surgeon and could have any med she wanted. She liked Nicotine.

The other way to consume nicotine is the Juul type e-cigs. That's sort of on the back burner.

Since there's a lot of people here who are taking Cannabis for pain relief, I was wondering if you had experience with Nicotine, on that front.

I had a sales job for about 2 years where I dealt with the general public, outdoors. I had loads of customers who were in pain and used Cigs for pain relief. They were buying tools, but often started talking about their pain situation.

Get them pulled . cocaine for short term lol

thailer

there are free clinics you can go to where the dentists do a free dental day offering free extractions and other services. they take a while to find on google but i've seen them shared on FB and sometimes the news on TV. you can call the Union Gospel Mission or the salvation army might also know of places if you qualify. i smoke cigs though and i have tooth pain like you say sometimes and cigarettes did nothing. i wish i never started so i am really shocked why you would want to try that over saving up to get it pulled or finding some other help.

it really does cause problems with the heart like cannavore mentions. you should really focus your efforts on getting it extracted over finding ways to deal with the pain. i hope you feel better and find some free service to help.

DJXX

Veteran
IBU 800s to get the inflammation down..antibiotics then to get the infection out so the Dentist you are going to see can pull it....if its really infected the dentist will put you on antibiotics anyway before he can do surgery...even penicillin from the feed store for animals will help...you are eating serious amounts of poison and need to go for professional advice nowwwwwwww..DJXX

troutman

Seed Whore
I've used Orajel to numb tooth pain. But it's only a temporary fix.

Like the others said, there's no escaping and a dentist is the only way to fix the problem.

Dankwolf

I have been smoke free for about a,month noe but I smoked every day for 20 years and it never helped with tooth pain it actually made it worse .

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Scotch wisky. Not to drink, but hold just a sip in your mouth over the gum of the tooth that hurts. It works.

St. Phatty

If you have a toothache from an infected tooth for that long, you better get to a dentist, PRONTO!

Take the money to pay him out of your grocery money or anywhere else..!!

A long term tooth infection can send infection to your brain and cause an extremely painful death...

go to a dentist!

I have two good friends who have been dentists for 40 years, so this is not a Google diagnosis!

The dentists say everything is fine. They tell me to see an ENT for the pain.

The ENT says, go see a dentist.

So far the count is at 11 dentists & doctors, including the 3 dentists that created the problem in the first place.

The only tooth removed was removed at my insistence, with the dentist insisting that everything is OK.

Long story short, root canals are not safe.

They create a secondary infection of Clostridium Mortem (Death Bacteria). These bacteria are the bacteria that multiply after you die, so the normal immune system (of a living person) does not have to deal with them.

The dentists refuse to acknowledge obvious complications from a root canal, and the doctors are not trained to recognize a massive immune system response.

I have asked every single dentist & doctor for imaging that will help show what is wrong.

I am giving myself low-dose intra-muscular injections of Vancomycin. That is the antibiotic that is prescribed for helping patients deal with tissue necrosis.

I am very aware of the seriousness of it. I asked an old friend about being executor of my will, etc.

Since the whole thing was caused by 3 dentists, and their colleagues refuse to treat it but are happy to charge me for the office visits, it is the most fvcked up medical situation I have ever seen.

I have an ad running in a college alumni mag (known for medical school) begging for medical help.

Bought some mint 2 mg (low dose) Nicorette.

I expect it will make me dizzy & might help block some of the pain.

attachment.php

Does this tooth - #16 - look impacted ?

The dentist that originally took the X-ray said, "the wisdom tooth is impacted" as soon as she saw the X-ray.

When I later reminded her that I need treatment & help, e.g. removing the wisdom tooth, she said she "didn't think it was appropriate".

It is obvious that there is a huge fear (among the dentists) of doing anything.

I believe part of that, is that every document they create in treating the complications caused by the original dentists, could be used in litigation.

Also, the American Dental Association's official position is, root canals are safe. So, doing anything that comes close to admitting that the root canal is the problem ... it's like one of the third rails of medicine.

Attachments

• Temp1c.jpg
    Temp1c.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 46
I should have noted that in order for tobacco to have any effect on the tooth, that it will need to be placed upon or in the cavity if there's one present. I would not try chewing tobacco either as it is also adulterated.

Tobacco was a panacea after being brought back to Europe for some time even though it was historically documented that warnings were given about this plant being poison in the hands of the foolish and medicine in the hands of the wise.

Sorry to see all of the scolding and more in response to your question. It's hard enough coming forward and I'm sure that the OP is well knowledgeable about this all and the repercussions of this and just wanted answers instead of being told to go to a dentist.

St. Phatty

I should have noted that in order for tobacco to have any effect on the tooth, that it will need to be placed upon or in the cavity if there's one present. I would not try chewing tobacco either as it is also adulterated.

Tobacco was a panacea after being brought back to Europe for some time even though it was historically documented that warnings were given about this plant being poison in the hands of the foolish and medicine in the hands of the wise.

Sorry to see all of the scolding and more in response to your question. It's hard enough coming forward and I'm sure that the OP is well knowledgeable about this all and the repercussions of this and just wanted answers instead of being told to go to a dentist.

Thanks. That's the thing

Dentist
Dentist
Dentist
Dentist
Nurse Prac (prescribed antibiotic)
Dentist
Dentist
Ear Nose Throat
General Practitioner - penicillin + pain med
General Practitioner - refused pain meds, refused to write dentist on my behalf asking for help

ENT #2 - took about 7 weeks to send me the form for records release.

Anyway, that's a partial count.

Since I am the acting, surrogate, doctor, I am looking for more info re the wisdom teeth.

If I ask to have it removed, it may very well be over the objections of the oral surgeon.

I have had 3 other wisdom teeth removed, because they looked like in the X-ray.

When I asked why they were removing it, they said, "it could be a problem."

Now, when I do have a problem with pain in teeth adjacent to the wisdom tooth - they want to leave it in ?!!!

Many of you have been through this wisdom tooth rigamarole.

And some of you have children who have had wisdom teeth removed.

Anyway, VERY prelim. on the nicotine, I took 1/2 a piece.

The buzz feels like coffee.

troutman

Seed Whore
Scotch wisky. Not to drink, but hold just a sip in your mouth over the gum of the tooth that hurts. It works.

I have done this with vodka and it works fine. You only need 1/2 an ounce too and you don't drink it.
Just keep it in the affected area and the longer you can handle the burn the longer it numbs the area.
It also probably relieves the pain temporarily due to alcohol killing some bacteria causing the swelling
and pain. But again, this is a temporary solution and the dentist will be needed eventually.

Dankwolf

I had 3 wisdom teeth just like that soon as they were removed the pain went away .

My were bad like yours and were considered surgery so insurance would not cover it . I ended up finding a high end office that took care of it . it was super pricey .

Impacted wisdoms cuased me pain throughout other teeth .

See if you can source some cocabatatine not sure on correct spelling but it works . if you have a emt freind they will know what it is .

St. Phatty

Why does dental insurance suck so bad?

Actually I've been paying cash.

Didn't help.

I had 3 wisdom teeth just like that soon as they were removed the pain went away .

My were bad like yours and were considered surgery so insurance would not cover it . I ended up finding a high end office that took care of it . it was super pricey .

Impacted wisdoms cuased me pain throughout other teeth .

See if you can source some cocabatatine not sure on correct spelling but it works . if you have a emt freind they will know what it is .

Is it possible for you to describe how the impacted wisdom teeth, causing pain throughout other teeth, as you say - like, which teeth ?

attachment.php

I enclosed a map to illustrate the teeth numbering. So it sounds like Teeth #1, 16, 17, and #32 - 3 of those 4 - were removed. And then your pain went away.

When the impacted wisdom teeth were in, where else did you feel the pain ? If you could tell me the general area ("upper left, upper right") or the numbers of the teeth, if that makes sense from the map, that would be super helpful.

How long did you have to live with the tooth pain for ?

I'm basically trying to learn more about what some call "phantom pain", where a painful problem with tooth A causes pain in Tooth B, even if they're not next to each other.

They also use the term Trigeminal Neuralgia. When I heard it used, I would say it was mis-used, because there was an actual infection.

The dentist was saying it as if there is something wrong with the nerves somewhere. I asked if that means that the pain emitters in the teeth are firing a false positive, indicating an infection when there is none. They did not like that question.

While we're on the subject, I have heard that the nerve receptors for Cannabinoids are spread around the human body.

Attachments

• Teeth-Chart.jpg
    Teeth-Chart.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 53

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
All 4 of my wisdom teeth were extracted when I was 19...(That explains a lot, doesn't it..:biggrin:Lol!)

They gave me a shot of something called sodium penathol (sp?)and I was higher than a kite, but not knocked out..

He had to cut two of them in half to get them out...I could hear the saw whizzing and felt my skull bones vibrating, but felt no pain at all..I felt like I was floating in a Cumulus cloud..

Because I was young, my mouth healed very fast and I had no more pain from them being impacted..

Dankwolf

Lower
20 and back
9 and back
Upper
12 and back

I tolerated the pain for around 12 years .(as a adult)

I had phantom pain for around 2- 4 years after wisdom tooth removel mainly due to the first wisdom tooth removed were they had to leave part of it in my jaw . my research says the root is left behind sometimes creating the phantom pians in some people.

At times it would take over a hole side (super and lower) during those times it extended past death mentioned .

Alcohol of any kind made it worse unless I surpassed the liver/kindneys recommended 1 drink per hour .3 drinks in a hour plus a drink a hour after that woyld normally hold the pain back . but once in awhile it would come on 3 fold .

I have broke more bones then most and tooth pain is no joke . I would take 4 broken ribs over a impacted wisdom . my pain tolerance is extremely high (At least thats what doctors and surgeons say lol .

If there was a cannibis that could block such receptor I would say it would be a can/ thca rich strian likely a rare sativa ( Columbian possibly ) . I am not really up to date on land race genetics and there aviable content .