What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unclefishstick's Tartar Sauce Research Kitchen Redux

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plants look really happy. What a great set up.

How far are the lights from the canopy?
about 2 feet

What's in the cherry cookies? I had a super rare cherry pheno AK-47 like 10 years ago. My nosy neighbors/ landlords snuck into my place, found my grow and wouldn't let me renew my lease. Assholes. At least they didn't call the fuzz. They actually partied with us and smoked a bunch of my herb. Anyway, I lost my cherry AK.

cherry cookies is a clone only selection of relentless fire cookie og i believe...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Pfffff, lol! We do get some great stuff this side of the ol' Mississip, but not like the crazy diversity out there.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the thing about hyped strains is when you get right down to it they aren't any better than what came before them,just new is all...not to say they aren't fine smoke and all that,but to say they're inherently better is a stretch...

U

useless.gardens

east coast doing it... got access to almost anything.

some of the classics (like thin mints, pre98, fire og, sfv, tk) little harder to come by as legit offerings.

(b)east coast forever, my mother tent (sour dubbs, mac1, bruce banner #3, wedding cake, true og, green crack, blue dream, stardawg guava, mystery chem, gg4, 2.0, the 3, and more) looking better every day !!!

shit, i just tossed irene og & ogkb.

the worker at a local grow shop, i call him "oregon" every time i see him even though he tries to tell me his real name, moved to my state from out west. i wonder if he's got any killer genetics? i probably got better connex than he does. lol.

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my first led...

did a pretty good job of growing plants,just limited in coverage and penetration...

led tech has come a long way...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

OrgAeroMan

Veteran

some of the classics (like thin mints, pre98, fire og, sfv, tk) little harder to come by as legit offerings.

(b)east coast forever, my mother tent (sour dubbs, mac1, bruce banner #3, wedding cake, true og, green crack, blue dream, stardawg guava, mystery chem, gg4, 2.0, the 3, and more) looking better every day !!!

the worker at a local grow shop, i call him "oregon" every time i see him even though he tries to tell me his real name, moved to my state from out west. i wonder if he's got any killer genetics? i probably got better connex than he does. lol.
That's quite the line up, bud, I've been looking at the Bruce Banner, and Chemberry-D. They are at like 30% + THC, that's insane, back in my day we were happy to break 20, but back then wheels were square, and the only candy flavors were licorice, saw dust, or paint chips! Ah, those were the days...

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway

I wish I knew people. I'm in Prohibitionland, Virginia on the east coast, but I definitely don't have access to any of the hype strains. I need to get out more, but my political climate, just doesn't support that.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have been lucky enough to meet cool people through icmag and folks where i live since i was always happy to spread stuff around...

this run has a bunch of hyped strains in it...forum gsc,ogkb 2.0,platinum cookies,thin mints,hammerheads NEM cut,relentless cherry cookies,wedding cake,gmo,sunset sherbet,and orange cream dream...

variety is the spice of life after all!:)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
another little growth timeline...

day 1
picture.php
[/FONT]

day 7
picture.php
[/FONT]

day 14
picture.php
[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
day 1
picture.php
[/FONT]

day 7
picture.php
[/FONT]

day 14
picture.php
[/FONT]

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
nice fishstick im on day 3 just switch timers other day got a blue dream, gorilla bomb and black berry kush im testing out and some old favorites.

Got room for one more to follow along? I even brought my own bucket to sit on. The room looks solid. I am curious how the led lights will perform. That's quite the collection of colorful genetics you got there. I'm especially interested to see how your cherry cookies does. I just popped 6 cherrmendous seeds which are a decendent of the cherry cookies cut (mendo breath×cherry cookies f3).

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
You can really notice the fill-out difference between the day 7 and 14 pics, jeez! They are getting wide! Not much taller, but way wider for a week difference! I've heard that the LEDs will do that. Pretty cool!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:plant grow:yup,so far it's been an easy grow to deal with,aside from having to adjust to the plants drinking a bit more heavily than under regular hps lighting there's been no hiccups and the room itself is functioning as intended...

every time i go in to water/feed there's visible growth as i'm on an every other day schedule...

but there's many factors at play here,for one i'm getting my nutes dialed in.i have been using the general organics line for years and when it first came out they said not to pH your mix,then they got sold to some mega agri-business and now you're supposed to pH...so i'm getting that all worked out which is certainly improving plant health...

and this room is better outfitted as far as appropriate levels of ventilation which helps as well...

put in another section of trellis netting last night,gonna get in and prune some undergrowth tonight and maybe do some light defoliating and go ahead and get some stakes in as well before it turns into a floppy mess...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Huh, I figured HIDs would make them thirstier.... I liked the GO line, it was really convenient. I did seem to get some P build up around week 5, strain dependent. That's when I started flushing/ monitoring at the end of every week. Most of them were over 2000ppm!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Huh, I figured HIDs would make them thirstier.... I liked the GO line, it was really convenient. I did seem to get some P build up around week 5, strain dependent. That's when I started flushing/ monitoring at the end of every week. Most of them were over 2000ppm!

i was thinking of starting fresh water friday or maybe using that day to add the bio-critter stuff....you know,the probiotics lady poop yogurt stuff for plants:)

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Nice, that's a good idea. Do you monitor the run-off? What kind of microbes are you using? I think my dry amendments come precharged with a bunch of bacteria, and good fungi. Do you make tea?

Latest posts

Latest posts