What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How many cobs? (1.84 feet x 2 feet)

stuggy123

Hi everyone :wave:

I just finished building my grow room. The plan is to buy some cxm-22 cobs, as they seem very good for the price.

But how many cobs should I buy? And which driver? And are the pin based heatsinks the best kind of heatsink to get?

I just want the best setup as possible [FONT=&quot]😊[/FONT]

Size of the grow room: 56 cm. (1.84 feet) x 61 cm. (2 feet) x 120 cm. (3.94 feet).

Square feet of the grow room: 3.68

:tiphat: Stuggy :tiphat:

ronbo51

Veteran
I think you want 30-50 watts per sq ft. Wander over to the Grow Diary thread and click on the subhead Micro grows. Check out the " Off the shelf" led thread and Blynx's micro grow. You will see what you are after.

stuggy123

Thanks for the replies :)

Okay, i'm going to take a look at the thread, thanks.

Koondense, is there a specific driver you would recommend for that setup?

Koondense

Veteran
Yes, probably the hlg 240 C1050 would be the best, if your leds are a 50V version.
Cheers

stuggy123

Thanks once again!

I think I will buy the hlg 240 C1050 driver and 4 cobs (cxm-22 50V version) and see what happens [FONT=&quot]��[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Should I buy the 133mm passive pin-fin heatsink for the cxm-22? Or would some other kind of heatsink be even better?

Since my room has a width of 60 cm, shoulder I then just place the cobs 15 cm apart? I place one at 15 cm, one at 30 cm, one at 45 cm, and one at 60 cm. I hope it makes sense.

Stuggy

stuggy123

Should i make the room more square then.. like 58 x 60 cm.? (1.9 feet x 2 feet). I just meassured the room again, and it is a little bit smaller than I thought: 54 x 60 cm (1.77 feet x 2 feet)

I can still add some centimers if necessary (I have only built the frame). Do you think it would make a difference if i could make the smaller side a little bit bigger in order to make the room more square?

Stuggy

Latest posts

Latest posts