What's new

Recirculating Hydro Organic, Earth Juice, Pure Blend Pro, or Iguana Juice?

HydrOrganic420

Was at the grow store today, saw this Biobizz organic nute line, and because I'm switching my grow to organic- I was pretty interested in it, then come to found out it's main nutrient (Bio Grow) is not compatible in recirculating hydro.

I am on the hunt for an organic hydroponic nutrient line. I grow using a recirculating Eb and Grow system (titan controls). I was using GH flora duo, but after hearing they were sold to a company owned by scotts/miracle grow/monsanto, I decided to change nute suppliers to prevent any of these companies from indirectly making money off me.

At the same time during this switch, now I want to go organic. I know flora duo wasn't ever organic but i combined it with organic additives for a symbiotic synthetic/organic combo that worked well for me for many years, but I want more taste, better flavor, and to eliminate the synthetics as much as possible.

I have been researching a few different brands of organic nutes, and I am trying to find out what will perform the best.

Earth Juice seems to be the best bet, but they have several lines. Sugar Peak, Hi-Brix Grow & Bloom, Sweet & Heavy, and Elements. Which one is the best from Earth Juice? Who uses it and would you recommend it? Why or why not?

Pure Blend Pro is a staple for a lot of growers but a lot of people don't consider it organic.

Iguana Juice seems to be my least favorite organic option, and uses fish emulsion which will probably stink up my res, not to mention the AN feeding chart calls for usage of several their non-organic additives, and I'm not a huge fan of all their excessive marketing.

LostTribe

Premium user
Was at the grow store today, saw this Biobizz organic nute line, and because I'm switching my grow to organic- I was pretty interested in it, then come to found out it's main nutrient (Bio Grow) is not compatible in recirculating hydro.

I am on the hunt for an organic hydroponic nutrient line. I grow using a recirculating Eb and Grow system (titan controls). I was using GH flora duo, but after hearing they were sold to a company owned by scotts/miracle grow/monsanto, I decided to change nute suppliers to prevent any of these companies from indirectly making money off me.

At the same time during this switch, now I want to go organic. I know flora duo wasn't ever organic but i combined it with organic additives for a symbiotic synthetic/organic combo that worked well for me for many years, but I want more taste, better flavor, and to eliminate the synthetics as much as possible.

I have been researching a few different brands of organic nutes, and I am trying to find out what will perform the best.

Earth Juice seems to be the best bet, but they have several lines. Sugar Peak, Hi-Brix Grow & Bloom, Sweet & Heavy, and Elements. Which one is the best from Earth Juice? Who uses it and would you recommend it? Why or why not?

Pure Blend Pro is a staple for a lot of growers but a lot of people don't consider it organic.

Iguana Juice seems to be my least favorite organic option, and uses fish emulsion which will probably stink up my res, not to mention the AN feeding chart calls for usage of several their non-organic additives, and I'm not a huge fan of all their excessive marketing.

Are you running drippers? If so then I would stay clear of Earth Juice it is chunky and will clog your drippers. I used to use it for soil which was great but in hydro I use botanicare's pureblend pro line and I have for a long time dont see a need to change and wont. All you need is calmag+ , pureblend grow and bloom, liquid karma for veg none after week 2 flower, and then you start hydroplex instead and you want silica blast throughout great stuff. I run top drip buckets of hydroton on a recirc pump. This set up is as easy as titts! LT

Sativan

Advanced Nutrients are excellent products. I have Iguana Juice Grow i'm using right now. It has more nutrients in it than any other brand. It's worth giving it a try. You won't regret it.

mowood3479

Veteran
Advanced Nutrients are excellent products. I have Iguana Juice Grow i'm using right now. It has more nutrients in it than any other brand. It's worth giving it a try. You won't regret it.

More nutrients in a.n. iguana juice than any other brand? That's amazing.. Plants must love it!

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I ran earth juice in hydro when og was up an running its a pain to dial in bigtime ..put it last on your list.....that said once dialed in it worked great....yeehaw..pureblend isn't considered organic by many but works awesome in just about any setup....highly reccomended

I think the earth juice nutrients the original poster was talking about are new and designed for hydro-organic. The old school stuff works great but will go bad if kept for long in a reservoir.

Has anyone tried earth juice Sugar Peak, or the other nutes they sell for hydro?