What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

8' Grapefruit plant squished in closet

cinnescape

Hi. This is original Grapefruit from a very old seed. I was looking at this noob thread I made again to see how old my plant was, because I forgot, and it's only 2 1/2 months old! Actually it took two weeks to sprout, so that puts it right at 3 months. It's a narrowly averted overwatering disaster. I found out Grapefruit is particularly sensitive to overwatering in hydro, and learned a valuable lesson. This is using Pure Blend Pro and Liquid Karma.

The bottom half of the plant features what I like to call the shelf, and is lit by a 400W MH/HPS. The top half is merely lit by three screw in florescents, but the buds are building up on top anyway because just some of the lower branches are well lit and huge. That curling leaf syndrome at the very top of the plant is probably what happens when the cola is not getting nearly enough light. It looks very bad, but the rest of the plant looks fantastic. I'll put the top buds in a different jar to separate them. I'm a dumbass for growing this way but who cares. I like big plants. I have some clones in the windowsill for more future grapefruityness.

S2010002.jpg

S2010005.jpg

S2010006.jpg

S2010007.jpg

S2010013.jpg

O

Oti$

I thought. The same thing about the leaf curl in my first grow. I hang my bulbs vertically and my first plants out grew the light too. However, i found, after buying an ec meter, that i was feeding my plants too heavily. I started feedin @1.2 ec and no more curl. Hope you have a heavy harvest :D

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
^I agree, get the plant off the hood! Safety first my man!

Other than that all I can say is bad ass!! Great strain and you def went big or go home umm or closet if you will. Cool grow, look forward to finished product pics and smoke report!

Best, les

Balance

Heat stress can also cause leaf curl, like your light being way to close to your plant.

If you want to limit the height and internode spacing of your plant, try pinching the stem in between nodes. Then you'll go from an eight foot plant with fewer bud sites to a four foot plant with more bud sites. And from a six inch internode spacing to something like this:
30892Picture_033.jpg