What's new

What light system would be best for my grow room?

DSMstoner420

I have an 8 foot long by 5 foot wide grow room with a slanted ceiling that ranges from 5 foot tall to 3 foot tall the slant is widthwise, that will house 8 plants, I was wondering what would be the best HPS/MH grow light system would be the best for my room. The rooms walls, ceiling and floor is lined with reflective foil space blankets. I will have my plants on a 20h on 4h off photoperiod.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 7

DSMstoner420

$500 is my limit on lights, I have 3 Pineapple Express auto fem plants, 3 Dark Devil auto fem plants and 2 unknown strain regular plants.

admiralcornport

so with a light and hood, -1 foot at least usually 18", then, how big are your pots going to be? at least a foot tall yes?

5-1.5=3.5

3.5-1=2.5

you will have less than 2 feet of space for your plants at the highest point.

you may need to go led or floro.

Pro Headies

Veteran
So do you plan on only having 1 room overall to veg then bloom in? Id say get 2 400w hps/mh digital ballasts, that way could run 1 MH for veg then switch over to 2 hps's for bloom. You dont got the heighth for anything to big. What is your ambient tempature that you will be getting your intake air from? Im assuming with the shape of your room it is in a attic? If you can get the air temp right id just run open wing hoods so you can get more overall head space.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
what about just doing a row of 3 lights down the middle, say,vertical 400s, with plants along the walls.
you can get ballast kits for about $80 each, bulbs from hardware big box stores for about $25.
Probably once you add foil or panda poly, a fan,a filter, nutrients, pots, and medium, you'll be way over budget.

To stick with your budget, Id go with a vertically hung 600w.that way, between light kit, filter, and fan, you'll be right around $400.

Another option that might be outside the budget would be 2 sets of 2'x4' 8 bulb t5 setup. You'll be able to get over 800w of light in there, easy switch between veg and flower spectrum lights, and at least 24" of canopy space if you can keep your containers under 12" tall. (or double the amount of lights in there boosting light,but making maneuvering in there tough).

This last option might give you the best access to the space and the plants.

Good luck

Granger2

Veteran
DSM,
I'm not trying to be too critical, but at this stage, if it's possible to rebuild to get more height and less pitch, I think you'll be glad when you start trying to grow and work in the space, etc.

I like First Tracks' vertical idea, though. Probably the best for a short space like that. Gives you at least 1 foot more for height. Good luck. -granger

Latest posts

Latest posts