What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lets help ACP build a new room! 10 x 12

admiralcornport

Lets help an ic OG build a new room. I haven't grown in about 6 years and I'm just about ready to build my dream room.

It's 10'x12' and surrounded on 2 walls by rooms I can use as lungs. (is that right? new concept for me.) The other 2 walls are the foundation and dirt (read Basement) There is also a full size window.

I'm thinking 4 3x3 trays of flower with 6 600w lights.

I want to have a separate veg section in this room as well.

I'll get some prints going.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
For 4 3x3s wouldnt u only wany 1 600 per 3x3???? Im all for more light but adding 2extra hoods seems like a waste... imo i would rock 4 1ks or even 750s over each tray instead of adding more lights.

coldcanna

Veteran
Whats your growing medium and style? And you mentioned veg area, you mean actually inside that 12x10 space, or could you put it in one of those adjacent rooms your referring to using for a lung? Just saying, it'd be a shame to use a 1/3 of that space for vegging if you don't have to. Do you already own the 600 watt gear or are you still shopping? If you split the room into 4 quadrants you could have them 3x3 or even 4x4 and still have some aisle room in the middle for tending the plants. This having been said, if you did mean for the veg to be in this room I'd do a stacked cab with sprouts on the bottom and larger plants on the 2nd shelve to bush out and build that to take one of those quadrants. Hope this helps homie, look forward to seeing your progress. Good luck

the gnome

Veteran
I'm with stoney, rock some 1000w'ers
run a dimmible ballast for flexibility
or run the new 860CMH bulbs, works for veg-n-bloom, less elec use also.

so.. more info
sealed w/Co2 ? a mini split is great for that
style of gro??

admiralcornport

sO I finally got off my mast and did some sketch-uping.

picture.php

SO those are 4 3x3 tables in the flower room

Thinking 1000w per table.

Lets talk hoods.

If money was no object what hood?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
sO I finally got off my mast and did some sketch-uping.

View Image

SO those are 4 3x3 tables in the flower room

Thinking 1000w per table.

Lets talk hoods.

If money was no object what hood?

If you move the tables to the long wall you will be able to walk around/between them.

Trust me, it's a Big deal!

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Well how do u plan on cooling things.... that will determine what lights u want ... def go with dimmable ballasts..., i use magnum hoods but use 1ks under 5x4 tables coevering bout 5x5 area per hood... 3x3 u wouldnt need such big hoods... if money is no prob .... gavitas epap lights hands down ....prob pit 2 of them in theere pull close to 4 if setup right... im sold on the gavitas just dont got the $$$$ to justify buyingthe amount of them i need for a swap out here... ill be gettin a few soon...

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If money is no object, check out my grow using a BML SPYDR 600 (led) which has a 3 x 3 foot print but will cover ~ 4 x 4

Hardly any heat but big tight nuggs

admiralcornport

Medium is going to be COCO

Cooling with a window AC and poss aircooled hoods.

Just moved the tables along the long wall and just bought some space! thanks

Thanks for your inputs.

I'm thinking those new gavitas are the way to go. Everyone who is serious is waiting to swap out the old for these so I might as well go with them.

FatherEarth

Veteran
gavita 1ks handsdown .

Make your walk way around the perimeter and have a solid canopy for best yields.

Check out a thread called big soil little room to see what Im talking about.

For an expert example of what Im yapping about check out ' LOTS a lights' by Green Science...thats the deal.

My 2

FE

FatherEarth

Veteran
Sealed rooms are over rated. Bump CO2 but also use ridiculous amounts of fresh air. A controller to flip off the co2 when the intake/ exhaust comes on for the win. Fresh Air= happy plants. I rock a mini split, co2 and mega fresh air as part of a winning formula for yield and quality. Last time,....

my 2

FatherEarth

Veteran
1000 DE no question you can turn them down if you need less... and they have far more increments to choose from . 1000's are all you need. If you want them to throw a square light foot print instead of a 3.5 x 5' looking into the 'Boss DE' hoods. Made with the same reflective material as the ones that come with the gavita. Only the light foot print is a 6x6'..easier to build a room with prints that are symmetrical, at least for me anyway. Once you go gavita you arent going back, I promise. Get a good pair of UV glasses to protect you eyes. These lights arent a joke they will screw your vision if you go in with naked eyes. I cant say enough good things about the method seven glasses. Makes hps and other red spectrum bulbs look more clear than daylight and provide UV protection.

FE

admiralcornport

Thanks father. It will be gavita 1000e de 4 3x3 tables. Rearranged

I hear you on the glasses. I was a welder so I have a hood and glasses. (Welding helmet is also called hood if there is any confusion)

admiralcornport

hE DID YALL MISS ME?

so here is some new sketches. I've gone with 3 tables in flower with 2 gavita pro 1000e. I haven't modeled the lights in the flower room yet but you'll get the idea.

I love all the help and ideas, keep em komming.

Main shot, notice the little square on the wall between the veg and flower room, I forgot to label it but I'm gonna louvre through and with the wall. Between 2 studs. so it will have a lot of flow and area to keep the air moving. and will be light proof.

picture.php

see it high up in the veg room? I'm not sure how I should situate it, high in veg to low in flwr, or low in veg to high in flower?

picture.php

what a nice vestibule
picture.php

Look honey! A spigot.
picture.php

Here is the veg/mom/clone room separated with orca or panda. wire racks to hold a couple t5's and a 400 cmh to veg em a lil. Also a bookcase for supplies. gotsta be organized.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts