What's new

sea salt growers?

how many of you out there are growing dwc in the style of orsica and seaponics? if so please state your recipe..

i am growing with himalayan salt and ionic grow in ro water.. things were going well/ok until i upped the ionic grow and got serious lockout. i was running 1000ppm Himalayan Salt when i should have been running 500 though. Needless to say i am running a lower level now but was wondering wether to just chuck the chem nutes and just replace it with seaweed extract.... only possible problem is ratio of nitrogen to potassium not being ideal for veg...

i'm thinking of switching my veg mix from

1000ppm himalayan salt
250ppm ionic grow

to...

1000ppm himalayan salt
300ppm sea weed extract

insight anyone?
i don't think orsica frequents the forum anymore which is a shame.

bushdiver

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
there was a dude i wont pretend to be able to remember his nick

seasalts make your plants explode was the thread title

should still be here unless he got rid of it

going back to 2008 iirc

R

Rjrom90

I've been experimenting sea salt in recirculating coco. With the help of fulvic acid I've been able to raise ppm's to 3000 (0.5 scale, 2000 ppm sea salt, 1000 ppm Jack's 5-12-26 + CalNit). They are exploding with growth even during adverse conditions this winter (very little air exchange, 20% humidity.) Surely they could take even more given proper conditions.

what was your vegging mix for about a month old plant?

my problem occurred after upping the chem nutes to just over 300ppm and lowering the lights.... (they were 2 weeks old tho!) would it be wise to just up the salt and leave the chem nutes at a low level? was going to add a little seaweed for vigour but are looking good again now flushed and they seem to be munching that mix down quite quick.

what should i up, the sea salt, the chem nutes or both in the ratio i had them before?

R

Rjrom90

what was your vegging mix for about a month old plant?

my problem occurred after upping the chem nutes to just over 300ppm and lowering the lights.... (they were 2 weeks old tho!) would it be wise to just up the salt and leave the chem nutes at a low level? was going to add a little seaweed for vigour but are looking good again now flushed and they seem to be munching that mix down quite quick.

what should i up, the sea salt, the chem nutes or both in the ratio i had them before?
Unbelievably I have seedlings and clones thriving at 3000 ppm. I would suggest getting some fulvic acid, it seems to work wonders in combination with hydro and sea salt. I got a pound for $20 from kelp4less.

thanks wierd but i know about that thread, it is my favourite! after many years of knowing about it i am finally giving it a try.

the fulvic sounds like a good idea as it would help with the transportation of micro nutrients good advise might have to get some.

were you using grow nutes on the seedlings, or when did you introduce the chem nutes and what concentration?

R

Rjrom90

thanks wierd but i know about that thread, it is my favourite! after many years of knowing about it i am finally giving it a try.

the fulvic sounds like a good idea as it would help with the transportation of micro nutrients good advise might have to get some.

were you using grow nutes on the seedlings, or when did you introduce the chem nutes and what concentration?
Full strength Jack's and 1 tsp per gallon sea salt from the start. Maybe the fulvic could be making micro nutrients more bio-available which is bringing about a synergistic effect allowing the high nutrient concentration to be less toxic.

currently running 450ppm ionic bloom and 200ppm of sea 90, week 3 12/12. thats the same quantity of minerals as 1500ppm himalayan salt, so ive lowered the sodium chloride massively almost doubled the npk, upped the trace minerals while lowering my overall ppm from before.. the are growing much better now.. i tried 500ppm sea90 and 200ppm ionic bloom but got burns again.. when i get the ratio right the leaves have an amazing glittery sparkle to them..

bskl76

Seaponics

Seaponics

Hey bro,
Seaponics is 1 of my favorite threads. Anyways, from reading it the sodium is needed cause the minerals attach to it so plant can absorb it. I think u just need to lower npk not insrease. Especially usin that nute. How did it turn out? Peace

bskl76

Seaponics

Seaponics

Unbelievably I have seedlings and clones thriving at 3000 ppm. I would suggest getting some fulvic acid, it seems to work wonders in combination with hydro and sea salt. I got a pound for $20 from kelp4less.
How did the smoke turn out? Thanks

F

Folate

I add 1/4tsp per gallon of a homemade sea salt blend to my regular nutes.
5ml/gallon FNB with 1-2ml/gallon agisil.
I add 1/4tsp/gallon of powdered aloe, or 1/2tsp/gallon barley malt extract at least 2x/week each.
I will be adding in bioag's ful power fulvics soon.
Folate

N.P.K

homemade sea salt?

homemade sea salt?

I add 1/4tsp per gallon of a homemade sea salt blend to my regular nutes.
5ml/gallon FNB with 1-2ml/gallon agisil.
I add 1/4tsp/gallon of powdered aloe, or 1/2tsp/gallon barley malt extract at least 2x/week each.
I will be adding in bioag's ful power fulvics soon.
Folate

how do you make homemade sea salt?

F

Folate

Hey NPK,
I make a blend of 4 different salts. I order bulk from a company called SaltWorks. I'm a big proponent of sea salt for nutritional reasons and use the same blend in my garden.
Folate

N.P.K

Hey NPK,
I make a blend of 4 different salts. I order bulk from a company called SaltWorks. I'm a big proponent of sea salt for nutritional reasons and use the same blend in my garden.
Folate

thank you for your answer :]

HunterJ

Hey NPK,
Folate

I've never heard of this before, using sea salt in the garden (or Hydro for that matter). Would you mind saying how you use sea salt in your garden? Would love to try it out as I have some I got for personal nutrition, from clean seas around Tasmania - Oz.

Many years ago I became aware sea salt contained all the nutrients for life but can't take the sodium chloride that comes with it.

F

Folate

I use sea salt in my garden as a trace mineral supplement. I believe sea salt has a lot of good things that "fill in" a lot of missing pieces in a nutrient regimen. I add 1/4tsp per gallon, with 5ml of FloraNova Bloom, and 1.5ml silica per gallon. This is my very basic recipe I use the majority of the time. I believe I could go higher on the salt and maintain my 5ml FN, or go lower on the FN, et.al. Everything looks fine. Quality is always very good...

Hunter, if you are into sea salt for use a food/nutritional complement please take a look at earthclinic.com. They have a large section on sea salt. If you are unfamiliar, it may pique your interest.
Also have you heard of a Dr. David Brownstein? He wrote a book called "Salt Your Way To Health."
Absolutely fascinating. May help you take a fresh perspective on sodium chloride in the sea salt...
Folate

Latest posts

Latest posts