What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone try Inda-gro Induction Lights?

Nader

Veteran
After a full day exposed to the Pro 420 PAR (after a week of metal halide), my seedlings have perked up and already look happier (not that they were unhappy before). The light output compared to the MH is way more diffused, but it is super intense compared to any fluorescent I've seen. I can see plants loving this diffused light more than a direct source any day.

The fixture is fabulously LARGE (3.5 feet across! And not as heavy as I expected) and definitely does create some heat, but nowhere near the heat of an uncooled HID. I'd say that the heat is similar to the heat on my hand 4-8 inches underneath the glass of my air-cooled hood (with 600W MH). Hottish-warm, but very manageable even with a tiny fan.

I put it very close to my seedlings, about 6-8 inches, with no fans on which definitely made it quite warm but they did not burn or react negatively. The light is higher up now though, about 16 inches (to make it easier to water the plants). Still no stretch from the seedlings at this height! :)

My favourite thing about this light? It runs fucking completely silent. No irritating buzzing like with so many other types of lights. I love that more than anything else.

Nader

Veteran
It's been 5 days now, and seedlings are growing faster than I've ever seen them grow. I am completely sold on the Pro 420 PAR, even though I have not yet seen what it can do in flowering. I will still get more once I can afford to. I can imagine these being amazing in my greenhouse.

As soon as I replace the battery in my camera, I'll show pictures of the happy seedlings. In a month or so, I'll finally see what these lights can do during the flowering cycle.

asde²

they advertise those induction lamps like every 2 quartals under a different name, yet its still the same lamp it was 5 years ago

i hope it does well for you but its not going anywhere close to a hid same wattage

Nader

Veteran
they advertise those induction lamps like every 2 quartals under a different name, yet its still the same lamp it was 5 years ago

i hope it does well for you but its not going anywhere close to a hid same wattage

Are you referring to Inda-gro or another company? I've not seen the inda-gro lamps under any other name. I wasn't fully sold on their lights until they came out with the Pro PAR and its enhanced spectrum.

Yield-wise, I am expecting this one 420 watt light to outperform a 1000W hid. I will also be supplementing with roughly 170 watts of LED, so my goal is at least 2.5 grams per watt. Sounds nuts, I know, but I believe that I can do it!

I think that the fact that my seedlings aren't stretching with the light being relatively far away (my 600W MH had to be put closer to the seedlings than this one for them to stop stretching) is very reassuring to me.

Nader

Veteran
If anyone is interested to see how well the Inda-Gro 420W Pro PAR fixture works, I have started a grow journal about it. I'll be using it to Veg, and adding a WEX-C 150 LED during flower for fatter, dense as hell buds. Again, I am expecting my setup to easily outperform a HID setup of double the wattage. Sounds crazy, but I am pretty fucking crazy. So there.

Here's the link to my journal: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=226151