What's new

Hash Oil

G

Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could enlighten me about oil extraction, and more specifically which method is superior in terms of yield and potency. Cheers :canabis:

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
Hi timtim.... I've been making hash oils for years man.... you'll need... 2 glass coffee pots, 2 bottles of 91% or higher isopropotol alcohol, coffee filters, small strainer, bud, stems or clippings.

1) Fill coffee pot 1 with broken up stems, ground up clippings and isopropatol alcohol almost to top.

2) Using an ELECTRIC stove or hotplate on medium low heat bring the mixture to a slow rolling boil. Stiring the mixture every few minutes. This process goes on for about 20 minutes causing the isopropatol alcohol to eventually evapotate. Since THC is alcohol soluble the goods settle at the bottom of the mix after the isopropatol alcohol is totally evaporated.

3) When your greenish-black "soloution" has evaporated about 60% in the coffee pot (about 20 minutes of slow boiling) take the coffee filter, put it inside the small strainer, and hold it over the empty coffee pot pouring the weed (THC) and isopropatol alcohol mixture through the filter leaving the dark green liquid in the clean coffee pot and the clippings/stems in the coffee filter. Disgard the clippings and filter.

4) Put the remaining solution in the coffee pot back on a burner at low heat. Cook off the remaining isopropatol alcohol slowly, blowing on the mixture when you stir to evapotate even more of the isopropatol alcohol.

5) Keep an eye on your oil now as the final layer left on the bottom of the coffee pot is what you want so dont burn it all up thinking you're still evaporating the isopropatol alcohol.

Take a razor blade, straight pin and a lighter, get a drop or 2 and put it on a bong hit or smear some on a rolling paper. It's quite sweet tasting and good buzz too. Happy Toking!!!

I've been doing this since I was a teenager... a few years now lol

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
And when playing with solvents keep those windows open, you dont want the fumes to pool and explode etc. :wink:

G

thanks guys, but you didn't really tell me what I wanted to know. Which method is superior in terms of potency- ethynol, butane, isopropol alcohol or acetone. cheers guys

G

I use the butane method with the honeybee.
In the past I would use the iso2 with isopropol alcohol or ethynol
but the butane method is quicker and more pure.

G

TimTim butane oil is cleaner but has a lesser yeild

3 posts I must be high :joint:

now you know why

G

Thanks TC, you told me everything I wanted to know, and I think it would be an excellent idea to write a book. I'd definatley buy it :canabis:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you start with pot you will have pot oil .... if you want hash oil you must start with hash.

G

Hello thunderchyld and timtim

The best book for classic oil extraction is cannabis alchemy. My ISO2 is from to 70's and works in the same manner as thunderchyld's discription but uses ice for the condensor. To make pure honey oil one step must be added to thunderchyld's discription. The oil must be run through an either bath.

For me the whole process takes to long to complete,
so I will stick with my HoneyBee. qiuck and easy with a supurb end reslut.

G

Hello Thunderchyld,
So, I qeuss it's safe to say the method is dependent of the amount of stash to begin with.

btw here's the iso2 pics.
Still has oil residue in the botom

G

Thunderchyld,

At the very bottom of the condenser there is an ice tray. Also the heating element is a light bulp that sits below the main bowl. The ISO2 is a trippy little peace of 70's history.

It must be nice to have your cost effective your system which prduces high yields of oil.

This is my favorite way to smoke!
Have you ever made a Hash Blast?
smash up some hash
mix in 1/4 -1/2 mL of oil on a warm spoon
place in you favorite smoking pipe of bong
and blast off

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most of the hash oil that i was blessed enough to be a part of was made with alcohol. I even remember stories of wine being re distilled because of lack of available alcohol... making for a grape wine afaghani oil that was actually very tastey . I remember making red lebanese oil with alcohol and it always was one of the highest yielders but never quite as strong as the best afaghani... we always used grain alcohol when here in the states. Was always available in Nev or Ore.

Latest posts

Latest posts