What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dank Demons SCROGS

Dank Demon

Growing herb is a way of life!
Veteran
Ok folks,
As I am not able to run my LEDS right now due to height restrictions I thought I would start this thread which will cover my SCROGS under HPS. I have decided to permanently run SCROGS now going forward as I enjoy the big rewards from low numbers as well as the satisfaction of filling the screens and training.

I have 2 rooms which is a cupboard and a loft, in the loft I am running 4 x 20 litre air pots of Premium Coco with 6 drippers per pot on a Nutrimatic drip timer running to waste at 30% run off. Iam using a 1200 BTU Split A/C Unit and 2 x open 600 watt Magnum XXXL aircooled shades with 1000 watt ajusta watt ballasts.

The other room is a cupboard with 2 x 20 litre airpots and a 2' by 3.5' screen and a topspin 12 site dripper on a nutrimatic timer running 30% run off to waste.

The Nutrients I use are GHE 3 part along with Canadian Express Headmasta and RootRegen at 1ml per litre and during flower I add Big Bud in the Cupboard at 1ml per litre and Superior Potash in the loft at 1ml per litre.

The strains I am currently running is Killer Queen, Psycho Diesel, Stardog, WD-40, Crinkle, The White, TH Seeds Darkstar, Warlock, Casey jones Joe Schmoe Cut, Chemmy Jones, Amnesia Haze and Pynamite.

Here are some pics of the loft during veg:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dank Demon

Veteran
Very nice D.D:dance013:

How many plants are in each pot?

Hey Jaded mate, currently I have between 4 and 5 plants in each pot but after this grow it will be 1 per pot unless I have spare ones that need adding lol.

Peace

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
You're always up to something aren't you Double D? Good luck with the grow

Dank Demon

Veteran
You're always up to something aren't you Double D? Good luck with the grow

Hey Warped my friend, yep always up to something but now I will be sticking to coco and SCROGS. Thanks for stopping by mate things will get better once the buds start forming :tiphat::ying:

F

Fields~of~Green

good luck mate

i like those type pots over the airpots myslelf and theres no taking them apart either

W

willyweed

dank demon rubs his hands together ,creating more growing, with some not too shabby cuts !
quite possibly one of the finest collections of cuts in any room i ever did see :)
looking forward to this one too mate . all the best .ww

Dank Demon

Veteran
good luck mate

i like those type pots over the airpots myslelf and theres no taking them apart either

Hey FOG my friend thanks for the support.
Yep I deffo prefer these airpots to the other type which I am also currently running 2 of in the cupboard to see if there are any differences in yield, but these are easier to clean and easier to fill so great all round.

dank demon rubs his hands together ,creating more growing, with some not too shabby cuts !
quite possibly one of the finest collections of cuts in any room i ever did see :)
looking forward to this one too mate . all the best .ww

Alright WW mate, I have more interesting specimens on the way so I am now sorting through stock for the keepers as some will have to leave to make room. Thanks for the continued positive vibes my friend, have a great weekend.

Peace :tiphat:

Z

zooty

Just harvested my first scrog and it is by far the biggest yield I have had from my drobe. haven't weighed yet but I have some donkey-dick nugs. Will also be scrogging everytime from now on.

Hey dank quick question, what material would u use to scrog in a 2.4 x 2.4 tent? I currently use garden mesh which works very well, but no way if fitting that into a tent

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Looking good mate, love a good scrog. Was the AC hard to wire up? Do you have to keep the compressor outdoors? I'm thinking about getting a mini split AC. Are you you running Co2?

Peace,
HGO

Dank Demon

Veteran
looking good DD m8

Thanks Moodster mate :tiphat:

Just harvested my first scrog and it is by far the biggest yield I have had from my drobe. haven't weighed yet but I have some donkey-dick nugs. Will also be scrogging everytime from now on.

Hey dank quick question, what material would u use to scrog in a 2.4 x 2.4 tent? I currently use garden mesh which works very well, but no way if fitting that into a tent

Hey bro, scrogging is very rewarding and you can keep numbers low but stock levels high which is a bonus. After using all sorts of materials for the mesh the best stuff I have come across is barrier fencing like they use on road sides for free but if you want to buy a roll like I did: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50m-x-1m-...438?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e8aba8cd6

Eay to train under and the squares can easily be cut to allow for less larger squares. When it comes to chop time they can easily be pulled through and removed etc with no damage to buds.

Looking good mate, love a good scrog. Was the AC hard to wire up? Do you have to keep the compressor outdoors? I'm thinking about getting a mini split AC. Are you you running Co2?

Peace,
HGO

Hey HGO, thanks for stopping by :) the a/c was installed by a proper a/c engineer I just ran the piping and fitted the external unit to brackets on the outside wall and fitted the internal unit. I had to strip the whole room as I said it was going to be a spare bedroom so no suspicions where raised when he set it all up. Its the best bit of kit I have invested in but I almost laughed my fooking ass off when I read this comment on the 420 forum "Firsty because I don't use A/C these days, secondly If you think a pipe carrying water that stinks of weed outside is a good idea then be my guest." FPMSL the water that these split units take outside does not stink at all of weed even in late flower WTF there are some numpties over there.

I was running c02 with the LEDs but after buying an exhale bag for my cupboard and that lasts 6 months, having the bottle filled in the loft for 2 weeks was just un economical so currently not using any c02 up there but when I do I will just buy 2 or 3 Exhale bags.

Edited to add I have just purchased 2 more exhale bags to use in the loft I will place them above the a/unit so the gas falls down and blows across the plants via the a/c on swing mode :) Thanks for reminding me lol.

Z

zooty

Thanks Moodster mate :tiphat:

Hey bro, scrogging is very rewarding and you can keep numbers low but stock levels high which is a bonus. After using all sorts of materials for the mesh the best stuff I have come across is barrier fencing like they use on road sides for free but if you want to buy a roll like I did: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50m-x-1m-...438?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e8aba8cd6

Eay to train under and the squares can easily be cut to allow for less larger squares. When it comes to chop time they can easily be pulled through and removed etc with no damage to buds.

Hey HGO, thanks for stopping by :) the a/c was installed by a proper a/c engineer I just ran the piping and fitted the external unit to brackets on the outside wall and fitted the internal unit. I had to strip the whole room as I said it was going to be a spare bedroom so no suspicions where raised when he set it all up. Its the best bit of kit I have invested in but I almost laughed my fooking ass off when I read this comment on the 420 forum "Firsty because I don't use A/C these days, secondly If you think a pipe carrying water that stinks of weed outside is a good idea then be my guest." FPMSL the water that these split units take outside does not stink at all of weed even in late flower WTF there are some numpties over there.

I was running c02 with the LEDs but after buying an exhale bag for my cupboard and that lasts 6 months, having the bottle filled in the loft for 2 weeks was just un economical so currently not using any c02 up there but when I do I will just buy 2 or 3 Exhale bags.

Edited to add I have just purchased 2 more exhale bags to use in the loft I will place them above the a/unit so the gas falls down and blows across the plants via the a/c on swing mode :) Thanks for reminding me lol.

Excellent I was going to ask where you got that stuff from. Thanks a lot good luck with your grow i'm pulling up a seat.

Dank Demon

Veteran
I have now just invested in one of these babies http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271289672...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 after reading up that you can use these RO units portable by using 1/4 taps, so I will run the hose into the loft plug the main flow in to the hose and tun the wastes into the same waste as the plants use. I guess it will just take a while to fill up the first 100 litres but then topping up should be easier as I will just store some in containers and top up when needed. I am no just getting sick of my PH going from 6.0 to 4.1 every day.

Just a question to the guys already using RO units do you use circulation pumps in your res to keep the surface breaking to stop algae and also to keep the nutes stirred?

Thanks