What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Arcata Trainwreck

ibjamming

Veteran
Trainwreck not as good anymore, I'm from Eureka, like 3 miles from arcata haha. All the buds i've been tasting have been really unsatisying. We have a really good strain of Headband here though. It tastes amazing. Or you can try Trainwrecks older brother Shipwreck which is a very very strong Sativa high.

Question...can someone from out of state buy clones? A buddy from Oregon will be going to that area (NW CA) soon and I'd love him to pick up a few clones... Can it be done?

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
You cannot legally buy from a club if you are from out of state. At least i don't think so. Not unless you have a CA recommendation. I imagine you could find someone willing to sell you some clones if you spend enough time in NW CA.

B

black coffee

you have to physically live in CA but i could be wrong, you need a state id though 1000%

OzzBozz

i just ran a local cut of arcata train called "soletrain"

good yielder and potent smoke, let her go 53 days... i can verify that it was real train

BagseedSamurai

Old thread, I know, but an update.

Got some "trainwreck" from the disp. the other day. It was good, but I have reservations believing it was "real" ATW. Still haven't had the pleasure of growing one out.

E

easyrasta

If you smoked the real deal,
there is no question when you smoke it again.
it is what it is
peace
Ez

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
So the Million Dollar question is which breeder sells Arcata Trainwreck that's worth it's weight & gold.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
i just ran a local cut of arcata train called "soletrain"

good yielder and potent smoke, let her go 53 days... i can verify that it was real train

Old thread, I know, but an update.

Got some "trainwreck" from the disp. the other day. It was good, but I have reservations believing it was "real" ATW. Still haven't had the pleasure of growing one out.

There is one hella difference between Arcada Trainwreck cut at 53 days and the same plant flowered to 90 days.
The early harvest is for kids, the late harvest can buckle the knees of experienced smokers.

I can't give the early cut away if my peeps know I have the late harvest - late brings 50% higher price due to the longer time in flower but ohhh soooo worth it..

The Hatter

Veteran
just my experience 2 cents, any (trainwreck) picked at 70 days +
is a waste, why not smoke a indca ? i have grown and smoked
a lot of weed in my day and trainwreck is one of my faves,
i belive that the effect when picked at 45 to 65 is best depending
on the individual plant, i personally like being really high ! than
really stoned

i belive early picked trainwreck harvested for its THC rather than
its CBD, is where its at for me, as well as i would never take
OG under 70 unless i had too :biggrin:

I agree. I think letting a sativa go too long ruins the effect but to each their own.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
picture.php

here was my first arcata. luvit thanks to my southern brothas.

about time for round 2

acespicoli

here is another sample from my friend jaws, :wave: who graciously hooked me up with this cut as well. :)

Appearance: this herb is very interesting looking, light green with a very visible layer of trichromes coating it. you really have to look at the buds for the pistils to stand out. the resin content of the buds is quite visible and is the first thing noticed when inspected.

Aroma: the buds undisturbed have a nice spicy smell. when broken up, a strong skunky smell comes over them. the smell reminds me of super silver haze; spice and funk! i love the way this one smells!

Taste: the skunk/spice taste somes through well with the first few hits. there is a great skunky aftertaste that is definately rare in today's genetics. after the first few hits, the taste mellows out but is still quite pleasant.

High: this is a good "up" sativa buzz. compared to this hazes i have been puffing on, trainwreck is a little more of a "lazy" sativa high. just sit back and it enhancing whatever you are doing. its one of those buzzes where you notice colors being more vibrant and everything just seems happy. this would be a great antidepression strain. :)

View Image

View Image

maybe jaws can pop in and hook up some better pics!

dr jays cut and jaws,

who has the clone this year still in production
BUMP :plant grow: