Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > Is my plant ready?

Thread Title Search
Is my plant ready? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2020, 07:30 PM #1
yeezyfunky

yeezyfunky is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Is my plant ready?

Hi growers, I'm growing RQS Gorilla Auto. I have entered the tenth week (which ends on October 27th) which should be the last according to what RQS declares.
I post here the pictures of some flowers, in your opinion how long is the harvest missing? The trichomes are almost all white or transparent (I really can't tell if one or the other), amber there are very few. On the lower flowers not even one, the apical one has some.
Sorry for my english if I wrote something wrong

yeezyfunky is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:56 PM #2
gumzgi

gumzgi has much to be proud ofgumzgi has much to be proud ofgumzgi has much to be proud ofgumzgi has much to be proud ofgumzgi has much to be proud ofgumzgi has much to be proud ofgumzgi has much to be proud ofgumzgi has much to be proud ofgumzgi has much to be proud ofgumzgi has much to be proud ofgumzgi has much to be proud of
if u cant wait 4 5 days more , you can cut it its mature enough
gumzgi is offline Quote

Old 10-22-2020, 08:38 PM #3
yeezyfunky

yeezyfunky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumzgi View Post
if u cant wait 4 5 days more , you can cut it its mature enough

Yes, I can wait another 4-5 days. The weather will be fine until Sunday, then I could give it 48 hours of total darkness. They say it stimulates the production of resin, is that true?
yeezyfunky is offline Quote

Old 10-22-2020, 08:51 PM #4
eugenegreen
herbalist

eugenegreen is a survivoreugenegreen is a survivoreugenegreen is a survivoreugenegreen is a survivoreugenegreen is a survivoreugenegreen is a survivoreugenegreen is a survivoreugenegreen is a survivoreugenegreen is a survivoreugenegreen is a survivoreugenegreen is a survivor
she is ready for the chop, imho....

do it early morning, before the sun comes up

SAFETY
Peter Bourne, President Carter's Drug Czar
''We did not view marijuana as a significant health problem--as it was
not....Nobody dies from marijuana. Marijuana smoking, in fact, if one
wants to be honest, is a source of pleasure and amusement to countless millions of
people in America, and it continues to be that way.''
Source: PBS's Frontline: ''Drug Wars,'' October 2000

R.I.P. LMN
R.I.P. Medjool
eugenegreen is offline Quote

Old 10-23-2020, 02:45 AM #5
Fixer

Fixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud of
I'd let the pistils start to turn orange.

Old 10-23-2020, 11:10 AM #6
f-e

f-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant future
Where are you? the scenery suggests the season is over. Everywhere is different but 23rd October (today) is a farming calendar milestone here. Ground frost can now be expected. This can destroy tissue and let the mould get a hold. Long before this many of our plants are dormant looking. Spending the day repairing the damage of cold nights. They do look healthy and things usually take longer than it says in the packets. I think when the native plants have died back there is little point carrying on. My own personal thoughts are that cold plants pull up phosphates they can't do anything with. Flavours leave and that bonemeal flavour becomes apparent, leading to a hard black ash. Our plants want good weather to perform. Better than the natives.

UK
f-e is offline Quote

Old 10-23-2020, 11:49 AM #7
Crooked8

Crooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivor
Id also go a few more days. Shes close.
Karma Genetics SourRado Testers:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=365603
Karma/Hortilab Collaboration Tester Thread:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=292385
Crooked8 is online now Quote

Old 10-23-2020, 02:31 PM #8
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivor
Leave it a few more days if the weather allows, but it looks ready enough to chop if necessary.
I wouldn't bother about the 48 hours dark thing, enclosing the plant in that way could easily lead to problems like mold / rot. Not something i have ever bothered with or been convinced by.

VG

My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)
Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic mod. ScrOG-236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic mod. ScrOG

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod. ScrOG

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is offline Quote

Old 10-23-2020, 11:58 PM #9
Teddybrae

I was advised to look at the heads thru a loupe to see if most of the trichomes are orange yet.

(Loupe = 10X magnifying glass) If you've never done this, it's a blow out! Another dimension!

Old 10-26-2020, 06:38 PM #10
foo dog

foo dog will become famous soon enoughfoo dog will become famous soon enoughfoo dog will become famous soon enough
How'd ya go with these ones?
foo dog is offline Quote