What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Azamax drench with rockwool grow, how to feed?

Whatup icmag,

Im having some fungus gnat problems and want to try out azamax as a solution.

Im wondering how to handle the root drench? Do I just add recommended dosage in my normal feeding?

OR

Do I do a drench of azamax with no nutrients, then add food later?

After writing this, the former sounds better because plan 2 would starve the plants?

Im not sure though, what do you guys think?

Thanks

Mateooah111

Too bad you never got an answer. I'm curious too. I just went for it, week two flower. Ten tables. I mixed in 2mil per gallon with my dialed nute schedule and within fifteen minutes every single plant was wilted. Bummer. This was yesterday, heading down now to check the damage. ���� Awesome.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Mosquito bits, BTS bits, the bacterias used kill the gnat larvae. No added flavors or problems with soil or hydro.

Please no aza products, some users are having extreme issues with it being used as a pesticide with cannabis. With a 2ml/gal dosage, at week 2, there's definitely going to be aza in the end flowers. Cannabis seems to do a great job of preserving aza intact, months after treatment. Do a search for CHS/Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome.

casianspice

Azamax is safe and OMRI approved

Azamax is safe and OMRI approved

Azamax (Azatrol), these products are derived from the same plant that neem oil comes from,are OMRI approved, and can be used in late stages of your bloom cycle. However, at 2ml per liter application rate, you will go broke trying to get rid of your root gnats as a 4 oz bottle costs around $25-$30. Your better bet (and way cheaper):
1) get a beneficial out there (I use oregonism from Aurora because is has the beneficial's that you need to treat the root gnats and it's cheap)
2)beneficial's need food - you can use carboload, sweet from botanicare, etc.
3)apply the gnat sticks or yellow traps at the bottom of each of your plant sites as well.

-The beneficials and food will go directly into your reservoir. I used 8oz of oregonism for 50 gal res. You can go 5 ml per gallon for the sweet.
-If you are in bloom , I have bad news for you, you will not 100% entirely get rid of the gnats, however, you will have good flowers in the end and a proper yield if you follow this regiment all the way until the week that you flush.
e.g. I had a buddy ask to help save a crop and they had fungus root gnat infestation at week 2 of bloom. I used this exact regiment to treat them (they were on the virge of death). In 3-4 days they started to eat again. In the end, the results were 23 plants (in hydroponics ebb/flow 2 gallon buckets), under 6000 watts = 6.45 lbs. Better than 0 lbs which is what they were looking at in week 2 lol :tumbleweed::tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Azamax (Azatrol), these products are derived from the same plant that neem oil comes from,are OMRI approved, and can be used in late stages of your bloom cycle.
Holy Shit, I missed the people/cannabis/azamax study results?

Please link me to the study where they proved my research wrong. Thank you!