What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Package intercepted!!!!????

Status
Not open for further replies.

vasq4932

I ordered some seeds from a place in Spain in which i had ordered from numerous amounts of time.. this time the agricultural jack rabbits opened the package took the seeds and left a notice saying that basically we took your sh*t cause we can. has this ever happened to anyone else. did you continue to order an is this a random check process or etc.. i live in the U.S. in the southern region package was intercepted in NY @ the JFK flight center:tumbleweed:

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
They can do that. I have heard there is no followup by LEO. You just get a bad boy letter from customs. Your seed money is gone though. Are the packages any kind of stealth so they are not recognizable? If so I would try again and see what happens. There are huge piles of mail traveling back and forth so if the package didn't stand out I am thinking it is random. I have always had no stealth seed packages arrive.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wonder if they have had some increases in staffing or something. I saw on another site that they had seen an increase in the number of packages intercepted.

the gnome

Veteran
ive never had any issues with seeds from england.
but I was sent seeds from spain and they never made it,
no notice either but things from spain ime are notoriously slow.

Cartel530

Veteran
got one of those years ago no follow up or anything. I think they figure the notice is enough of a scare for you. I love how the bastards still send the package too. Hopefully the Place you ordered from has a guarantee option so in this case they will still resend your seeds or you are out the cash.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, they do follow up sometimes. Sometimes your seeds are delivered by your local drug task force. I knew a guy that had this happen. He spent several years in Jail.

Not sure what the deal is with Spain.

Are they x-raying packages in US customs? If the stealth is good, there should be no problem.

I know customs will steal your money en-route. Sending cash overseas is considered illegal.

Sorry about your troubles. Hope you get reimbursed.

R.Fortune

vasq4932

thanks

thanks

ok thanks guys i will try again. this was the first time it has happened to disappointed the crap out of me messing up my rotation.. we shall see thanks for the help fams!!

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
I would be surprised if it was a human that found it, since the invention of computers there has been many clever ways to use them. One is called profiling. Everytime your seeds leave spain they leave from the same post office. That goes into a computer. Those packages are effortlessly tracked and they can be diverted and xrayed and a computer can view the contents and decide whether it is something of interest. Much like facial recognition software at airports scanning peoples faces for unwanted or wanted individuals. I am sure this is not the case but it is entirely possible that your address is flagged as well. As for the dude that had the local drug squad show up delivering his seeds? sounds like he was on the radar long before he deciced to buy some seeds.

k-s-p

Veteran
I never had any problems with mail from Spain, but that's been a few years ago. Only had one package intercepted, that went through Chicago and was from the UK.

I sure hate to hear people are having trouble with stuff from Spain. That blows.

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
I don't think there is any reason to think that there should be anymore trouble from Spain than any other place in the world. I know that if you get stopped at the border and there is contraband found in your vehicle they will flag imports coming to your home address. Alot like hunting or fishing. Find a good fishing hole you go back again and again until no more fish show up. Try ordering from the UK from a seed man out there.

the gnome

Veteran
Spain has one of the worst, if not the worst postal service in Europe

my one experience with spain was from a breeder that lives there.
he was sending me seeds directly from him and he told give it at least a month because of how fuckt up their postal system is, i had tracking also and it never left the country for whatever reason :shucks:

he finally went thru gypsy in england and i had it in 10 days

things may have gotten better, this was in summer 2011

oejack9

U.S. Customs doesn't make a habit of screening anything under 50 grams that comes from another country......but then again the feds here cheat like hell..........I'd try another seed bank that others have had good experiance with.If you're paranoind about doing another order to your address....there are a few places in the midwest that run what are called dead drops.....what your order go's to thier address then they toss it in another package and send it to you......dead drops are cold war hold overs for untracable shipping of contraband.....Good luck and May The Green Be With You.

Status
Not open for further replies.