What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BIG SEEDS...little seeds...

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Sam, I've never seen a seed that large or that small before. I think those pretty much take the cake..

I always thought, and experienced smaller seeds amongst sativa dominant strains, and larger/fatter seeds from indica varieties.. Your seeds there in those pics totally turn that thought process right on it's head..

12 seeds to a gram...... Sheesh I'd be so pissed if I lived in Yunan and all I could find was seeded bud LOL..

Last edited:

zif

Veteran
What count/g are your TINA seeds? Did that work incorporate genes from the Yunnan big-seeded hemp?

Yes and 19 to 0ne gram. But much earlier they can be grown in Canada outdoors.
-SamS

Have you noticed any interesting extreme shapes?

Have them weigh one gram of seeds and count them, if it is less then 12 I will be shocked. Be sure to use a scale that can weight to .10 of a gram.
12 to a gram are big and if you have bigger I want to see them!
Or weigh 5-10 grams and divide by the number of grams to see the 1 gram count.

I have never seen any bigger or smaller then what I have, and I grew them both, the big and small seeds came from my plants. The big ones are 66 times the weight and size of the small ones.

-SamS

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/1250Big_Smallseeds-thumb.JPG]View Image[/url]

The large Yunnan are 12 seeds to one gram, the small From around Pahalgam 9,000 feet near Srinagar, Kashmir and are 800+ to one gram.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/1250Big_Small2-thumb.JPG]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/1250Big_Small3-thumb.JPG]View Image[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:

HAZENACIOUS

Nice thread,
The smallest and largest seeds I have seen were haze hybrids. . Never seen seeds as small as what Sam posted, very cool.

Pure afghani seeds are some of the smallest seeds I have ever seen.
My grail seeds from Nevil were very small as well. My 5hz hybrids are totally variable, some very small some very large, most in between.
People like to say sativa seeds are small and indica seeds are large, but this has not been my experience.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Also keep in mind the concentration of pollination, if a plant is heavily dusted
versus lightly dusted, I have noticed smaller seeds of the same cross and
larger seeds from a light dusting, same cross.

lLucky

Has anyone ever tried to make seeds with the small buds that rarely can appear on the fan leaf?

Sam's pic looks like about the smallest/biggest beans I've seen, Maybe have seen one larger than those one time.

lLucky

lolab.png

These are the smallest I've personally seen :ying:

Breadwizard

picture.php

Here's the smallest I've seen, these were from Lolab valley, in Kashmir, actually relatively close to the location Sam said his smallest were from (to the south and east of Lolab valley). These are standard size Mason jar lids, on the right are a first lady cross, which are on the bigger size of average.

My NH21xMM seeds are surprisingly small, as HAZENACIOUS reports, but these Kashmir ones are smaller still

How many seeds o one gram? 800+??
-SamS

lLucky

View Image
Here's the smallest I've seen, these were from Lolab valley, in Kashmir, actually relatively close to the location Sam said his smallest were from (to the south and east of Lolab valley). These are standard size Mason jar lids, on the right are a first lady cross, which are on the bigger size of average.

My NH21xMM seeds are surprisingly small, as HAZENACIOUS reports, but these Kashmir ones are smaller still

The ones in my post above are Lolab Valley as well :)

mobi50

temperature affect the production of seeds, in cold weather the same plant will produce smaller seeds.

I collected the seeds 800+ to the gram in Kashmir, I grew them in Calif in my greenhouse and got the exact same size seeds 800+ to the gram.
-SamS

Latest posts

Latest posts