What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dont eat grains, Ergot is toxic

El Timbo

I gave up most grains (still have white rice sometimes) about 10 years ago - I was interested in trying a caveman style diet and found that it agreed with me so i carried on.

El Timbo

If grains were that toxic, humans would not have survived this long.

Survive and thrive are not the same thing - I think we can agree that many people are not thriving - whether or not that's due to grains is another question of course.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
"LSD, potent synthetic hallucinogenic drug that can be derived from the ergot alkaloids of the fungus Claviceps purpurea."

how did they discover this ? someone ate some moldy rye bread and tripped ?

researchers looked back in time wondering what physical force might explain the witch hunts/utter madness etc of the middle ages in Europe. every flare-up of crazoid behavior matched the weather patterns that can cause ergot to flare up in grain crops that folks HAD to eat in order to survive, ergot be damned. trippin' balls & seeing shit...:D

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Ergotism in Europe was not like that, it was much worse. And they did not associate ergot with ergotism until after 1650, and even then did not think it was anything but weird seeds. Sandoz was looking for new drugs especially in obstetrics. The activity of LSD could have remained unknown maybe forever, like MDMA - patented in 1914 without any mention of raves.

It's common in wild ryegrass

It's in any ryegrass and fescue - it's in your lawn. But rye is particularly easy to infect. Ergot is always less than 1% alkaloids, much less for most grasses.

Your food and water is also full of piss and shit and hair. Charred or preserved meats are far more harmful than however many micrograms of ergot alkaloids are in the flour - the worst of which get partially inverted to their less harmful isomer by cooking.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"LSD, potent synthetic hallucinogenic drug that can be derived from the ergot alkaloids of the fungus Claviceps purpurea."

how did they discover this ? someone ate some moldy rye bread and tripped ?

Salem Witch trials....in 1976, Linnda Caporael offered the first evidence that the Salem witch trials followed an outbreak of rye ergot. Ergot is a fungus blight that forms hallucinogenic drugs in bread. Its victims can appear bewitched when they're actually stoned.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lysergic acid di-ethylamide ... or something.

is the "ergic" part of the LSD word related to the ergot mold ?

great spot !
"
lysergic (adj.)

in reference to a crystalline organic compound, 1934, from the -lys- in hydrolysis (thus from Greek lysis "a loosening, a dissolution," from lyein "to loosen, dissolve;" from PIE root *leu- "to loosen, divide, cut apart") + the first syllable of ergot (a fungus from which the chemical was first obtained) + -ic."

https://www.etymonline.com/word/lysergic
:tiphat:

St. Phatty

People take LSD for the high, mental stimulation, however you want to call it.

However, that varies from person to person.

The 2 times I've taken LSD, one was from a purchase on Haight Street, the other was from a friend at Burning Man.

Neither had much effect.

One of the most hallucinogenic things I've ever eaten was maybe a little too much Vitamin C.

Vitamin C + orange peel (bioflavonoids, Quercetin, etc.)

That was a 4 hour FUN technicolor experience !

Which makes me wonder if maybe I was depleted ?

Stoners need to pay attention to nutrition. That will help you get some GREAT natural highs.

The 2 times I've taken LSD, one was from a purchase on Haight Street, the other was from a friend at Burning Man.

Neither had much effect.

One of the most hallucinogenic things I've ever eaten was maybe a little too much Vitamin C.

Stoners need to pay attention to nutrition. That will help you get some GREAT natural highs.

Now try not eating grains. Corn, rice and pseudograins not included. Oh and eating only organic, and cooking wirh/drinking filtered water. Oh and eating vegan. Oh and only using organic cleaning products, and cologne. In a month you will be amazed

:kos:

HGCC

Neither had much effect.

Do you not drink much oj man? The couple of European trips I have done gave me a great appreciation for Florida's contribution to our agriculture. It was super interesting to be places where the oj provided by the hotel was considered a luxury good but the fancy cheese we pay heavily for in the US was set out like butter.

Veggia farmer

People use ergot to make LSD, can also use LSA I from what I have heard. LSA is found in HWBW or MG seeds.

Ergot from what I have read, never seen it myself I think(?), makes the ryes look bigger or as it is more rye on the axe. Heard stories that people earlier got this and was thanking G`man for making more rye. Then to end up dead. Way to go Thanksgiving....

Not stopping to eat grains anyway, and I could like some LSD with that.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Now try not eating grains. Corn, rice and pseudograins not included. Oh and eating only organic, and cooking wirh/drinking filtered water. Oh and eating vegan. Oh and only using organic cleaning products, and cologne. In a month you will be amazed

:kos:

Oh and not eating bacon. Oh and not eating cheese. Oh and not drinking milk or eating cookies. Oh and no eggs. Oh and no PB&J either. Oh and no butter. And no honey?

If I made it a month I would be amazed.

Let me guess.... no beer too, right?

Just shoot me.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
It's all poison today. And, "organic" is just as bad. "Organic" food only applies to the GROWER. What the distributor, packager, shipper and retailer do to it don't fall under the "organic" rules.

Even fresh fruits and veggies are poison. I am a total healthy eater and it's impossible to get clean food today.

Ever wonder why everyone has "diabetes" these days? Look up fludioxinal. It is what they store fruits and veggies in to keep them from spoiling while they ship them all over the world. It stops the processing of sugars to keep the fruit from fermenting and the veggies from spoiling during shipment. Oh, but it doesn't affect the processing of sugar in your body... only fruits and veggies. Yeah, right. It's just a coincidence that diabetes has increased 1200% since all the growers and shippers started using it.

But... you won't see this on main stream media because the food companies pay the TV stations for advertising and keep them in business. My SIL is a newscaster for Fox and she make $900,000.00 a year to read a monitor.

I worked for FOX network for a short time with her. Did you know that advertisers provide every station with a list of things they CAN NOT discuss on TV. If they do, that advertiser will pull their contract. All those food commercials on TV make sure you'll never hear about fludioxinal in the MSM.

Peace