What's new

My First Grow Box

Hello to everyone
I am very new to growing and I'm struggling with the choice of the grow box. Unfortunately I don't have much space, so I am looking for the optimal solution. I would like a greenhouse that would supply me with about 400 gr per harvest, so with 2 harvests I would have to be ok all year round. The spaces I have are 170x60x100 (68"x40"x24") (I couldn't find a box) or 120x60x160(48cx24"x64"). I also need no smell to escape. I have not yet fully understood how much the height is decisive on the yield and growing days influence the weight or if in the end the area is more important. Also, if I have to hurry I would like to use plants with a cycle of 8 weeks.
If you have any suggestions for articles or cultivation books or other interesting resources please send me.
Please give me some suggestions guys
Thanks a lot to everyone !

Fixer

Hello, check alibaba for odd size tents. When I was looking for very specific dimensions I found products there that fit my needs. If you're handy you could build a plywood box to any size you need. Good luck!

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
Hello, check alibaba for odd size tents. When I was looking for very specific dimensions I found products there that fit my needs. If you're handy you could build a plywood box to any size you need. Good luck!

this...

there are a few options out there in that size range.
i would definitely recommend a tent over a box... they’re easier to keep cool

Thanks a lot guys you are fantastic !
I will check immediately.
One more question buying a bigger one like
48x24x64 and using seeds with 8 weeks cycle, would be a better harvest whit higher or thr plants will be lower than 64" ?
I would like to fit 8 vases 11 Lt like the hydroponic system Wilma 8
What do you think about it guys ?
Thanks a lot !

Fixer

You'll figure out a growing style based on your set up. I first grew in a meter cubed tent in a crawl space under my house. Subsequently I grew autoflowers under LED so they would stay short and I could let them grow close to the light. Recently I've been growing photos under HPS in 7' of vertical so I've had to bend the plants away from the lights. However you choose to grow you'll develop your own technique. Having said that I'd grow under a LED quantum board (or equivalent) in your situation.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Many of your measurements are tent sizes. So if your 60 is 59 you might be screwed. Presuming your sizes are right, a 2x3 floor space is half a meter and many people are happy getting 150g out of that. I did see a gorilla shorty at 2x2.5

The 60x160 is a meter. Now many people are talking 400g. Look at seeds they all give an idea per meter. The top yielders here are expecting 600g from seeds rated 650g+ but as a crap commercial standard grower, 400g from them is.. well miserable really but that's about the mark.

120 is high enough but you are looking at maybe 4 of the 288 quantum boards and keeping the plants low. I would think about 10 plants in that area. Kept horizontal on a screen or net. Each is only filling a foot and will at least double in size in weeks 1-3 of flowering. So they can be quite small. In line with your 120 height.

I don't really like tents. I would much rather build what I need. It sounds like all you need is a big black-out roller-blind. Then a second curtain you can pin back to the wall at the sides. So no light can get round the blind. Just curtains on a curtain pole. Like at your window.

Hello guys thanks a lot for all the detailed informations.
Wow f-e I was wondering for a bit better harvest in that area. I really need to find a second area to reach at least a total of 1 sqm to get a reasonable harvest.
I also love built things by my self and make it fit to my space. I will mind over it, but I'm oriented ona factory product, because I will really need zero smell. Outside the small room where I'm planning to grow, there is people, who go up and down for the corridor, so maybe a tent realized by a factory could be a bit better sealed than mine.
Moving away some things I can find a space L 130 x H280 x P 62. The area is still 7,8 sqm. In this space, for you guys could be a better option to built 2 different growing rooms or maybe better a bigger one ?
A bit extra risky, but with 2 harvest I could be ok for a year.
Thanks again to everyone guys