What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smells like LouDog inside the van...

LouDog420

Tony, I'd offer you a smoke, but you know... the covid... [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
smokeout.gif
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
smoke out.gif
[/FONT]

So here's a Gorilla Bubble BX2 for you instead. A little droop after a long day

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love those sb leaners. Now that the RIL is done I'm going to go back and work that group. It's a whole different animal than the glue selections.

Just so happens I have some ghaze x gb, ogchemgb, and nycogb f2 sprouted. I've failed 3 runs in a row since spring with frozen pollen so I decided to end the year with a bang and some live action ha!

Covid... Toilet paper is still iffy in these parts believe it or not... I think I've aged a decade this year but we are surviving out here.

DunHav`nFun

As long as the plants are raised up off the slab and you can keep an eye on spillage and runoff , you should be fine..... All my shit sat on 2x4`s covered in OSB with reflectix on the walls , ceilings and floors.....an air gap between plant bottoms and concrete keeps the rootzones warm in winter and summer......and yeah......I fucked up couple weeks ago poppin some valuable beans and then ANOTHER Hurricane hit my dumb ass the other day...on top of it turnin off cold outta nowhere..but......

I`ve been very fortunate in that I`ve been west of it mostly , and only had storm surge with a lot lower wind speed to deal with resulting in mostly shit slung everywhere and trash strewn all across my property AGAIN for the 3rd damn time on both sides of the road , but I digress.....Sorry for spewin shit in yo thread Lou , just pissed the GB bx2`s Dans sent me some yrs back have mostly damped off and gone all but 3 maybe 4 will be saved .....

All The Black Rose are healthy and hearty , but those damn polyhybrid finicky bitches are not happy with cold damp feet.....and it`s my fault for using bullshit medium that holds too much juice before drying out , but where I am shit`s limited in supply .....anyways....no mo bitchin and excuses.....and.....

Nuff outta my old ass this day.....gotta keep scrapin shit up and dumpin it with my bobcat ....glad I bought 1 with tracks instead of wheels when they first came out....wheels don`t do good in sand , but I bought it for red sticky southern mud and rock....and lastly.....fuckin 48 degrees and I`m waitin for the coffee to kick in , so good luck Lou and hope all falls into place soon Bro.....

Peace.....DHF....:ying:....

LouDog420

Fred, sounds like a plan. Holler if you want to replace those GB bx2's from Dan... I've still got my BX2 mom and a bunch of extras from other gens from Tony... BX1F1, Sour Dub x GB BX2... Least I could do for picking your brain

Pop away tony, should be some good stuff in there. The GH x gb could be crazy, I think you've seen the GH pics before...

GH = [NYCD (grapefruit pheno) x G13/haze (shanti male)] x TGA Agent Orange

picture.php

LouDog420

Coming along, slower than planned... All sorts of unexpected problems can pop up when the home is pushing 100 years old... Nothing too bad yet.

Framed. Next electric, then ventilation, then final layer of reflectrix... Then plants! Final dimensions are 9'2" x 10'4", should be plenty of space for 4 trees :D
picture.php

And the girls popping into say high, hanging out next door. The OGC and SUSQ are a bit top heavy but now should start to spread with the extra space and the bulbs oriented the right way (feels good to be back to the vert ;)).

Good vibes all

Last edited:

DunHav`nFun

Roots grow fruits.....The more the merrier .....which 1`s are goin in the 4 plant room.....Dialin in how much and often to feed a #10 fabric pot oughta keep yas busy for a minute lol.....Moist , not wet , not dry.....Coco`s a fickle bitch , but once dialed the hands down best medium I`ve used for hydro like growth..... anyways.....lookin good bro.....Take care and......

Peace....DHF.....:ying:......

LouDog420

Thanks Mars. I still have single blind samples out for the LED/HPS comparison. Waiting on final feedback and will post an update for you.

Tleaf, yessir, that's the plan, trees in the treehouse!

DHF, I had planned the OGC [(SFV x ChemD bx)] and SUSQ [(Chem4 x Sour Diesel IBL) x (Chem D x SD IBL)], two of each in the four-plant room. I'm a fan of symmetry and that would make the feeds/flush easier. But... now I'm rethinking because the single gorilla bubble is looking lush and strong. I'd love a sour bubble leaning tree ;) Not sure how we'll end up just yet and we'll have to see how they settle into the 10s.

We've been running wet/dry cycles in coco with better success lately. I'm thinking due to the pot size, it'll end up being a daily water once they start filling out, but dialing the 10s will definitely be interesting with multiple strains. The larger pot also provides that protection against crop loss in case something happens while away whether pump, power, or some other failure.

We had some pretty serious issues over the last year which I finally pinpointed to pythium and later a slime, but both root nasties that really took a bite out of yield, quality, and vigor... So I've switched things up as a result. More wet/dry cycles and supplement every watering with root bene teas (EWC, mycos, hydroguard). I'm loving the teas since switching it up and cost is almost negligible it's so cheap.

Electrical hopefully tonight and possibly reflectrix on if I can get my ass going. Would like to blast the girls with a little more than 1200w but waiting on some electrical work that can't be DIY. Once I get my DIY electrical and lighting controller in place in the next couple days, I'll at least be able to flip 4-600w lights with 9 hours a piece for a nice 18/6 schedule and some better coverage while still pulling 1200w total...

Thanks for stopping by all!

And because a post with no pics is boring... Some clones, straight coco in a dome, clonex, root bene's, nothing special... KISS

picture.php

picture.php

DunHav`nFun

Couple things Bro......talkin bout rootzone slime with coco causin pythium and other such afflictions due to excessive watering without being able to dry out enough between feeds to keep a "constant' moistness to the coco......Krusty taught us waaaay back that 5ml per gal SM-90 allows for rootzone protection from excessive rootzone temps causing anaerobic conditions , and I never questioned his Krazy ass , but ......

When I changed to Coco DTW , I still used it from habit and found out it kept the rootzones completely free of bugs.....not anything remotely resembling a bug , and I didn`t think too much of it till folks started bitchin bout fungus gnats and root aphids, and I read the label.....anyways....if yas can put it in the budget do so......now.....

One good thing about fabric pots is they dry out faster to help prevent moisture buildup while they also prevent root spinning once they hit the outsides of the bag and begin the air-pruning process to help set the plant and anchor it.....and.....the wet-dry cycles as much as I`m sure it`s helping yall with bigger containers , the drying actually causes residual salt accumulation at some point in the game , and PH will start to drop , then lockouts and imbalances that cause 1/2 feed flushes to keep the CEC stable but also get rid of excessive salt deposits.....but......

If you employ H&G`s Drip Clean @ 1 ml per gal from start to finish , residual salt deposits become a thing of the past from it`s ability to latch onto the excessive ions and take em out of the rootzone with each feed , so Bro.....Many waysta skin a mule.....

Just tryin ta help and not tell yas what to do , but rather offer options for down the road as budget permits , like plant dollies on casters so you can roll them big bitches around instead of throwin yer back out lol.....and while I`m thinkin bout it .....

Spin those plants and let the backs get blasted by the bare bulbs so they won`t die back cuz the bloom room`s got light back there and they need as much filling out as possible till end of stretch when no more roots are built and true swellage begins......aight.....nuff outta my old ass this day.....

Finally got my property cleaned up and scraped down for the last fuckin time for awhile , I hope and pray , so........ I threw some frozen pigs feet in my crab traps couple days back and when I went back to check on em lil while ago , both were full ...... so what`s fer supper ?.....U-12 shrimps and blue crab Cajun boil with corn , smoked andouille sausage , red beans and rice.....Cajun cole slaw , Jalapeno cornbread , and yall come getcha sum.....

LouDog420

Appreciate the notes, as always.

I run drip clean already @ 0.4ml/gal. I used to run SM-90 religiously as well, but they discontinued a while back. If anyone can find it for sale, I'd be all ears. I miss that sweet smell... I see a super moist by nutrilife now, but at $100/qt, that's a bit crazy, and always the question of is it the same as the old SM90.

Wet/dry definitely salt build up and other issues as you mentioned. Running weekly flushes to prevent such, in addition to the drip clean.
Already spinning plants also [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
whee.gif

[/FONT]
Thought about casters for big plants, still deciding there. I planned a pvc DTW system straight to a sump, so once in their final spots, they should be stationary with the casters and moving the plants unnecessary for any heavy feed or flush with automated waste water removal.

One question, you said a few posts back you were running reflectrix on the floor also with plant risers on top. Just wanted to make sure that's the case before I throw down a layer on the floor and start walking on it... Room is looking good and thinking about throwing it on the floor if it works as well so it's all nice and shiny.
Appreciate the knowledge drop and your time [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
good.gif

[/FONT]

Here's where we're sitting...

Electrical in, just need to wire up the outlets. Went a little overboard, but build for future and will be nice to have an outlet always in reach for fans and humid/dehumidify options...
picture.php

Reflectrix coming along...
picture.php

Last edited:

LouDog420

Finally got my property cleaned up and scraped down for the last fuckin time for awhile , I hope and pray , so........ I threw some frozen pigs feet in my crab traps couple days back and when I went back to check on em lil while ago , both were full ...... so what`s fer supper ?.....U-12 shrimps and blue crab Cajun boil with corn , smoked andouille sausage , red beans and rice.....Cajun cole slaw , Jalapeno cornbread , and yall come getcha sum.....

You got me hungry now!! Glad to hear all cleaned up, and jealous of that tasty haul

DunHav`nFun

Well Hell....You got this , but did not know SM-90 was discontinued although I did see where Nutrilife got bought out , so I guess you`re fucked......best shit I ever used that got absolutely no credit for anything in all my yrs and yet I know......now.....Drip Clean..... .4 ml per gal is per instructions on the bottle for all drip equipment as in the feedlines and drippers themselves from clogging due to residual salt buildup , but......

It was discovered accidently by an old head yrs ago that figured if a lil was good , a lil more would be better.....and normally I`d say Hell Naw with additives , but 1 ml per gal didn`t hurt anything and he noticed the white shit round the bottoms of his # 5 smartpots/aka residual salt buildup from wet/dry cycles was disappearing , and the rest is history......Shit`s a lil pricey but goes a long way bro , so up your dosage and hopefully less flushing will be required......and yeah......

My rack rooms had reflectix on the floors , but I worked em from the back and rarely went inside the grow area through a lil access hole I built cuz the rooms were so small by end of stretch , but shit`s not made ta be walked on without fuckin it up so don`t waste your cash.....and lastly.....

`Ol lady`s doin up the fixins and I just hit the burner on the crab boiler , so as soon as it`s to a rollin boil , it`s on.....Take care Bro and .....

Peace.....DHF......:ying:......

LouDog420

Well Hell....You got this , but did not know SM-90 was discontinued although I did see where Nutrilife got bought out , so I guess you`re fucked......

LMAO ^^

Will up the drip clean to 1ml/gal

Happy to save a few bucks and thought the same about walking on reflectrix, so, no reflectrix on the floor. But it is done and up, just need to finish taping some seams.

Getting there though and trying to build it right from the start, thanks for stopping by all.

And since the GB, sour bubble leaner, is looking so nice, I left the vaccum in for BOG...

Good vibes all [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
smiley_abzv.gif

[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd rather be building than fucking around with these random sts recipes like I am ha. Looking real good!

LouDog420

Collodial silver works great too, no need to mess with recipes... Two 99.9% pure silver rods, attached to two 9 volts in series (I think, I'd have to look at my mini rig to confirm 100%), and thrown into distilled water... Let it marinate for a couple days and spray away. I've always managed to get girls to show balls, but sometimes they don't drop pollen (strain dependent).

Can give more info and pics next week if it helps. Never messed with STS though, so you're own you're own there!

Peace

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Sm-90 was definitely a great additive for root health but not so much for the spider mites, but maybe I had my dosage wrong. Now I'm just using great white at transplant and orca in the res and sticky traps placed on pots before the buggers even show up lol. Guess foresight is better than hindsight. Also having a nute program with the correct ratio of nitrogen to P and K because as we know nutrients with heavy nitrates and what not stiffles root growth...

Oh and reflectix on the floor in a vert room seems over redundant to me. Bulbs putting out light in a horizontal band pattern will spit a minimal of light to the floor I would think,but wtf do I know lol.

Man that morning coffee and joint really gets me going sometime.